Genesis kits spares

ovbulleid

Hi All

Does anyone know if it is possible to get spare parts for Genesis kits? My rectank only came with 3 out of 4 bogie ends, so I need to find another. I cannot find any online presence, but some detective work indicated that the founder may have died. Has the company been taken over by someone else? 

Many thanks in advance

Elaine's Trains took in a quantity of Genesis Kits spares and parts just a couple of months ago - the description (for any part listed) says these are the last parts available from this manufacturer. There are four different bogie kits listed, hopefully a solution will present itself, even if it's a full bogie replacement (I'm no expert on Rectanks or modern freight bogies so I wouldn't know if any of the four would be suitable!)

They're shown under 'Projects and Parts', scroll down to find them:

https://elaines-trains.co.uk/index.php?pg=al

Fingers crossed.....!

Rectanks are far from modern! Built in WWI for moving tanks.

I think Peters Spares had the last of the proper supplies of Genesis Kits. What Elaine's Trains got was the stuff that was left in the shed. No idea who ended up with the moulds, if anyone did take them over.

But I assume they just had standard Diamond bogies. Probably a few sources for those. Parkside/Ratio/Peco and Cambrian make them, but only in plastic. I think Bachmann make them as a spare.

I'm pretty sure there must be metal versions available though.

Jason

On 27/03/2024 at 20:26, Steamport Southport said:

I'm pretty sure there must be metal versions available though.

There was the ABS whitemetal Rectank - it may come back through Modelstock in due time, but it could be a wait before the range becomes available.

On 29/03/2024 at 12:36, wainwright1 said:

I recall that ABS did several versions of the Rectank. The bogies varied according to which railway company built them.

F.293 GWR d.C20/1 "Rectank" Bogie Well or d.J.20/1 "Bogie Bolster A" [SpW]

F.484 NER ex WD 'Rectank' Bogie Well Wagon [h4] or 'Bolrecs' Bogie Bolster [SpW]

F.497 LNE Diamond Frame Bogie - Pair [SpW]