Severn Valley Railway Diesels May 2024.

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

My photos from today...cracking day out... very well organised and some interesting locos. Click on the photo for my album..

SVR Diesel Gala 16 May 2024

Chris H

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

My photos from today...cracking day out... very well organised and some interesting locos. Click on the photo for my album..

SVR Diesel Gala 16 May 2024

Chris H

Wasn’t able to make it this year unfortunately, but I really enjoyed looking through your photos so thanks for posting the link. 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

Wasn’t able to make it this year unfortunately, but I really enjoyed looking through your photos so thanks for posting the link. 👍

Currently on Youtube

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Why did they need security?

The wrong sort of people don't you know.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It probably follows on from some reported (possiby drink-inspired) "unpleasantness" at the Swanage diesel gala lst week. For example it was said to me at SVR on Thursday that a lot of video from Swanage was not used on YT etc due to over heard language recorded and other deliberate actions to spoil filming. Some of our "family" seem to take pleasure in deliberately being anti-social.....

Chris H

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

What - someone mentioned they fancied filming a 69 at the Severn Valley and people got the wrong end of the stick?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

It probably follows on from some reported (possiby drink-inspired) "unpleasantness" at the Swanage diesel gala lst week. For example it was said to me at SVR on Thursday that a lot of video from Swanage was not used on YT etc due to over heard language recorded and other deliberate actions to spoil filming. Some of our "family" seem to take pleasure in deliberately being anti-social.....

Chris H

Which is rather sad - it spoils the day for families and pushes people away just when the railways themselves need visitors more than ever.

And of course if people continue to misbehave then the railways may curtail the diesel days or heavily restrict them.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Was there today and yesterday, had a great time, busier today - most trains were full. Over heard others talking about security on evening trains yesterday but most likely linked to drinking - the beer/ale was flowing well throughout. The only downside I saw today was a bit of pushing and shoving while people were trying to get a photo of the 73, but the SVR staff stepped in quickly and ejected the culprit. Will add photos once home tomorrow, been using the proper camera rather than my phone

Edited by StuAllen
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

What - someone mentioned they fancied filming a 69 at the Severn Valley and people got the wrong end of the stick?

+1 for a 70.....just saying...

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Now there's an image to conjure with😮

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Now there's an image to conjure with😮

Could be an income generator...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some sad stuff from FB..rather illustrates the point..

Amazing day yesterday huge thanks to all that put an amazing event, the only thing that ruined a brilliant day was the amount of older men there that were pushing other young and older men, women and children out of the way just for a photo instead of just politely asking, a man grabbed my backpack quite viciously and demanded i move out of the way, absolutely no manners, so damn rude and a disgrace to the hobby, the crew of a train asked me into the cab which he didn't like other than that an absolutely amazing day and beautiful weather

Too many blocking the bridge at Bewdley and refusing to move because her phots were more important thereby causing a jam because their phots were more important than stepping aside to let them catch their train. Saw one woman deliberately obstruct people crossing the bridge yesterday then she shouted expletives at them despite the fact she was blocking them from using the bridge. This was despite signs and station announcements to keep the bridge clear, which many refused to do

I’ve had a few people question my parentage when walking in front of them in railway uniform because I had to get on the locomotive I was crewing!

• Friendly/supportive 8

I've been today, my first diesel gala for 20 years as the kids are now big enough to leave at home and the mrs bought the tickets as a present.  Really enjoyed it and didn't witness any trouble at all.  Will start going to more now.

20240519_113841.jpg.7f02b7332940925ba24878a8957cf88c.jpg

20240519_114442.jpg.0159444bdb18349b6a839f71dd2f01cb.jpg