Mansfield 2011

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Mansfield 2011 is planned for the 5th and 6th of March 2011 and it has fallen to me again to sort out some scrummy layouts for the delictation of the general public.

So, who fancies showing the fruits of their labours?

We can pay reasonable travel expenses but can't run to accommodation costs as it's a charity show.

Traction has already thrown his hat in the ring with N guage Thomas and a couple of other projects he is currently working on, so, come on you lot who's up for it?

Either post in this thread or PH me with details

• RMweb Gold

2330web.jpg

OK - Hatton Parkway will be there this time**.

**Terms and conditions apply. Past performance is no guide to future performance. All values are nominal. No animals were hurt during the making of this post. No liability is accepted for vehicles left unattended in the forum. Are those my feet?

• RMweb Gold

Looks like I'm going to struggle for good old OO gauge :lol:

Maybe its time to build that power station to go with Summat Colliery :P

• RMweb Gold

two more layouts on the list

Derek Gelsthorpe is bring back his much extended Rowethorne and a popular layout at the Nottingham Show this year David Harrison's "St Giles" will be making an appearance. Adding David's Dublo to the list and we are halfway there to the 12 layous target :D

I have a few more invites out there waiting for responses, news will be posted here as soon as I get any more confirmations.

hi ian wow thats come around quick, i can offer either pilot road box file from last year again or my new layout charlie street pm sent also with a little more detail.

regards

neil

thanks again ian, the past 2 years have have been fantasticly enjoyable shows with some great layouts and it looks like 2011 will be even better, looking forward to showing charlie street for the first time, and looking forward to seeing some of the great layouts that will be there.

im sure there will be plenty more offers ian, maybe an O gauge shunting plank would be cool.

its a really well run and well visited show and well worth spending a weekend running trains ( free advertising there ian, thats gotta be worth a bacon roll hehe )

regards

neil

that's Disco-dave's realm, but I'll give him a nudge ;)

Point taken, and nudge received. It'll be the weekend though before i get chance to update it.

Cheers

EDIT: I'll also need to update my banner :huh:

• RMweb Gold

Quick bump to appeal to all you kettle fans out there, I'm up to my neck in modern image/DEMU layouts so this is a direct appeal for Steam loco based layouts, come on, you know it makes sense, step right up there, form an orderly queue :lol:

Also I've got some feelers out for an O gauge layout but if there is anyone with as Mason puts it, an O gauge shunting plank that fancies a weekend playing trains, please get in touch .....

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bad news is that Market Roundham won't fit in the venue, most of the rooms are long and thin and can't accommodate Gary's basically square layout.

Good news is that David Wellington is bringing Hollobeck Shed - a stunning O gauge BR NE shed set in 1962. That's two exhibitors from Driffield in one show!

the following is an extract from ukmodelshops.co.uk

Subject: BR(NE)

Era: 1962

Description:

This is a finescale layout depicting a Tyneside sub-shed during the steam/diesel change over years.

Locos showcased are accurate to the period and include no less than 4 x Piercy J27s plus Q6/WD/V3/J72/J94/77xxx/ plus diesels 08/03/25/37.

A 2-road depot is modelled,together with a working turntable,sheer legs,signal box,coal stage and large brewery that hides the fiddle yard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-6717-004852400 1285233493_thumb.jpg

Quick update following last nights committee meeting

Layouts currently booked for the show are:

• David's Dublo - OO (obviously)
  • Thomas & Friends - N - traction of this parish
  • Hatton Parkway - N - ian of this parish - layout currently featuring in Hornby mag
  • Barton Ings Pipe & Tile Works - Gn15 - DriffCharlie of this parish
  • St Giles - OO - David Harrison
  • Rowethorne - OO Derek Gelsthorpe - layout much extended from 2009
  • Black Rock - HO - Steve1 of this parish
  • Hollobeck Shed - O - David Wellington
  • Charlie Street - OO - mason of this parish

K&M Models will also be bringing a layout

Malcolm Hughes of the MMRG will be bringing "something heritage"

Prices held from this year - £4 adults, £3.50 concessions (bring your bus pass!) £1 kids (5 to 16) under 5s free. Adult tickets come with a free hot or soft drink.

More to follow .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

your joking ian...i think summit colliery should be first on the list :)

summit colliery should definatly be there

regards

neil

Especially as you've seen the light and started operating blue diesels :D

Archived