Mansfield 2011

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Whatever next, EWS 66's?:lol:

Phrases involving rusty breadknives spring to mind ....

Seriously though, your sentiments are touching but I have to ring the changes. Summat has appeaed at the last two shows and has not/will not significantly changed since this year.

Would Nottingham book me for next year? think not ;)

Maybe I will have some O gauge to demo at least, lets see what the winter brings

• RMweb Gold

Quick update on layouts booked for next year ...

Layouts currently booked for the show are:

• David's Dublo - OO (obviously)
  • Thomas & Friends - N - traction of this parish
  • St Giles - OO - David Harrison
  • Rowthorne - OO Derek Gelsthorpe - layout much extended from 2009
  • Black Rock - HO - Steve1 of this parish
  • Hollobeck Shed - O - David Wellington
  • Charlie Street - OO - mason of this parish
  • Outon Road - OO - RBE of this parish (2010 challenge layout)
  • Bygone Model Railways - TT - Malcolm Hughes of MMRG
  • Duke Street - OO - Diesel Dayz of this parish
  • Nebenbahn - HOe - Dave Bush

Looks like a good mix of scales, eras and regions to me, maybe a bit too Blue Diesel for my liking but then I can always steward next to Hollobeck Shed all weekend :lol:

Details of traders and Society stands to follow .......

well iv got my father helping me out and he has requested a few steam locos on charlie street throughout the weekend, and with a blue clayton and possibly a green 03 and 08 i think you should be ok :) :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Quick update - Malcolm Hughes has sent me a photo of his layout

post-6717-072471200 1289379277_thumb.jpg

It's titled "Bygone Model Railways" and is constructed totally using Triang TT gauge items.

As usual, Malcolm has requested some display space too, so expect a display of model railway items from times gone by :D

• RMweb Gold

Update on traders, we've had some changes since this year's show.

Total N and Malc's models have decided not to attend in 2011.

We have however found replacements in Derby based Wyvern Models and Keith's Models from Leicestershire

K&M, Benhams and Sherwood Models will again be attending, so bring full wallets ;)

• 1 month later...

most of the rooms are long and thin.

Long and thin.... that's where The Long Line come in!..... (N gauge- South Devon- GWR -1940's)

Unfortunately you have picked a busy weekend though, being the same as Preston, Macclesfield and Rainhill... accordingly i could not attend before 2013... but i would be pleased to pencil it in for you if that helps....

I am assuming your dates would be march 2/3 2013? .......Appreciate that's a fair way off , but best of luck with this year,

Mark

Cheers Mark, I'll bear you in mind for a future show :D have I seen you at Retford?

No. The nearest to Mansfield that LL has been to date is BRM-Harrogate-Peterborough, York or Holmfirth.... The station section (then in the former layout Castle Hill ) also went to Shepshed, Wakefied and Wirksworth.

I am having computer issues at the moment-but once resolved i will PM the Projects details to you.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another from me on the N-gauge room, or are we spread about?

I may be on my own this year, as my dad has been very ill, hope there will be plenty of spare bods on Saturday morning to give me lift in with everything.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ians :lol:

"N Gauge Corner" is still on for 2011, however as Total N Gauge are not standing this year it's just you two I'm afraid. Mr Morton is with Malcolm Hughes' TT layout in the main room, where Trains4U were last year, Traction's Thomas and Friends is just round the corner next to the also child friendly Nebenbahn HO layout.

post-6717-0-99878700-1295597713_thumb.jpg

If any other exhibitor on here wants to know where they are, just ask B)

• RMweb Gold

I've had a few photos from exhibitors who are not members (I know, imagine, not members :lol: ) that I thought I'd share with you all.

First off, a layout that will be familiar to a lot of you as it's been around the circuit a lot last year especially - St Giles

post-6717-0-24906000-1295602977_thumb.jpg

post-6717-0-92136600-1295602984_thumb.jpg

Next, Nebenbahn

post-6717-0-87476300-1295603584_thumb.jpg

post-6717-0-37193200-1295603629_thumb.jpg

I'll post more pics as I receive them. If any exhibitors who are members of the forum have any new pics of their layouts etc, feel free to post them here ;) the more the merrier

• RMweb Gold

post-2-0-56116400-1295604161_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, back on Hatton Parkway, some idiot thinks that he can control the trains by talking nicely to them...

...is this the ultimate in wireless, walkaround control? :D

Archived