RMweb

Bachmann Thompson

John C

It is a shame.....

I have a rake of the older ones, but when I heard the announcement, I considered replacing them. I guess I've saved some cash, but hopefully the likes of Shawplan, who are pushing forward with lazer glaze may introduce a pack for these coaches?.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Yes, let’s hope so.

In an un-mixed rake, they’re semi-passable but you can’t really combine them with Bachmann Mk1’s or Hornby Gresley’s (and I know they have their critics) without them being shown up for the relics they now are. Perhaps if the Hornby suburban’s (and from what I’ve seen, they do look the biz) fly off the wall it will gee up Bachmann to do some Thompson sub’s? In the meantime, I’ve got a complete rake of their Thompsons in LNER brown, I’ve just got them out to have a look at. Hmm, think I might put them on eBay after all.

• RMweb Gold

It is a shame.....

I have a rake of the older ones, but when I heard the announcement, I considered replacing them. I guess I've saved some cash, but hopefully the likes of Shawplan, who are pushing forward with lazer glaze may introduce a pack for these coaches?.....

Cheers.

Sean.

It's on the (rather long) list.

That is correct and prototypical. Only the composites were built to that length in order to avoid the half compartment that many pre-war LNER composites had.

Strange that because on the listings Bachmann say the produce a 59ft Brake Composite running nos E1151E and E1158E, are these too short then?

Ian

Strange that because on the listings Bachmann say the produce a 59ft Brake Composite running nos E1151E and E1158E, are these too short then?

Ian

Not sure why they say that because the Brake Composite body shell I have is definately to the longer length. I bought it cheap with the intention of fitting Southern Pride brass buffet sides.

• RMweb Premium

Just a thought, maybe Bachmann will want to see how the new ex LMS porthole stock sells before they re-vamp the Thompsons and the Bullied stock. Could it be another test the water exercise as with the CEP, i.e. Bachmann were on record as saying if the CEP didn't sell well it would end the prospect of further EMU models

If Thompson's were retooled. They'd need to corrent the roof and underframe details. But done well with minimal tooling differences pressure and non-pressure ventilated could be made opening up possiblities for accurate post war Flying Scotsman, Capital's and Elizabethan to be made...

Could be quite a good marketting ploy!

Guest Max Stafford

With all the excirement,

Larry, was it a misplaced 'i' or 'r' instead of 't' here?

The answer may have a serious impact on the context of the posting...! :sarcastichand:

Dave.

snapback.pngcoachmann, on 15 September 2011 - 18:20 , said:

With all the excirement,

Larry, was it a misplaced 'i' or 'r' instead of 't' here?

The answer may have a serious impact on the context of the posting...! :sarcastichand:

Dave.

Proof that I talk a lot of sh*t at times Dave....

Have asked this question on another forum, but this is a good place to ask as well. Why is the porthole on the corridor side whited out? Based on the Bachman interior and the fact that there are no vents it does not appear to be associated with a toilette. Re the vented porthole windows, micro kristal klear fills them in pretty well.

Archived