Video: WHR 3rd-5th August 2010

PenrithBeacon

This is the third and final film in a series of three of my holiday in North Wales last week. This footage was taken on the 3rd to 5th of August and features the three Beyer Garrett NGG16 engines. Locations are Snowden Ranger crossing, a crossing in Beddgelert Forest, Nantmor Station, Tryfan crossing, the layby at Bettws Garmon, Beddgelert Station, Aberglaswyn Pass, Bryn-y-Felin Bridge, Rhyd Ddu, Dinas Station, Bontnewydd Station and the approach to Beddgelert at the southern portal of the tunnel.

I must say that it was an astonishing experience to see Garrett engines working for the first time and the Aberglaswyn Pass is just amazing, giving sights that I normally associate with the North-West Frontier or the Andes!

It is clear that the line has been engineered for a much more intensive timetable than the one that is currently in use and when the line has more rolling stock and engines an enthusiasts’ weekend will be well worth attending. For now this will do!

Regards

Thanks for sharing your films from your recent expedition in North Wales, which i have kept up with on your threads. Steady filming and good sound added immensely to the enjoyment. Some of the scenery could be taken for the Trawsfynedd area, which I happen to know very well, and it was easy to imagine how the Garratt's would look hauling trains between Blaenau Festiniog and Trawsfynedd! Tis only a dream.

Superb filming and presentation on all 3 video's, better than a lot of the "professional "ones I have seen.

I've definitely got withdrawal symptoms now, good job I've got a couple of days over there this weekend though I'm not sure whether it will help or make it worse!

Phil T.

Archived