Any Model shops in the Lake District?

davidw

• RMweb Premium

Railways - Lakeside and Haverthwaite and Ravenglass and Eskdale - both worth a visit.

Not too many model shops to my knowledge - there's one at Carnforth on the station, there's The Train Shop in Morecambe - well worth a detour ro visit (not open on Wednesdays) and C&M models in Carlisle, run by our very own 87029 - also well worth a visit.

Hope this helps

Stewart

Railways - Lakeside and Haverthwaite and Ravenglass and Eskdale - both worth a visit.

Not too many model shops to my knowledge - there's one at Carnforth on the station, there's The Train Shop in Morecambe - well worth a detour ro visit (not open on Wednesdays) and C&M models in Carlisle, run by our very own 87029 - also well worth a visit.

Hope this helps

Stewart

That about covers it I think as far as I am aware, except for Jackson's Models in Wigton. Not really "the Lake District" as such but not too far away. They are always very helpful. They have a website too so you can get an idea of what they stock (http://www.jacksonsmodels.co.uk/). Usual disclaimers apply.

As regards lines worth visiting, again the above plus the Cumbrian Coast line is really worth a trip, especially south of Maryport all the way round to Lancaster.

Cheers,

Dave

If you are interested in doing the "main line", Northern has some good value daytrip offers, including the Cumbrian Round Robin (Carlisle-Barrow-Lancaster-Carlisle - starting anywhere) amongst others. They're worth checking out if you're interested.

Dave

Also just outside the Lake District is Crafty Hobbies in Barrow in Furness. hth, kev.

And for Railways don't forget Lal Ratty(Ravenglass & Eskdale) just 'cause its only 15 inch gauge, scenery to beat many standard gauge lines and hard working loco's.

Phil T.

And for Railways don't forget Lal Ratty(Ravenglass & Eskdale) just 'cause its only 15 inch gauge, scenery to beat many standard gauge lines and hard working loco's.

And the return journey from Dalegarth is an experience every narrow gauge enthusiast should experience!!!

My wife described it as better than a roller coaster ride! Superb!

Narrowman

Also just outside the Lake District is Crafty Hobbies in Barrow in Furness. hth, kev.

What's this shop like and what ranges do they stock? I'll be in Barrow for ten days in connection with a sailing trip and it might be worth a detour to on the way to the chandlers to stock up on shackles.

Hi David,

As Stewart mentioned, The Train Shop in Morecambe is well worth a visit - very good prices especially on Bachmann and Richard is a very friendly chap too - I have been going there for the best part of twenty years now. Hope you have a good time in the Lakes!

Thanks,

Mark

Archived