Plattling webcam

I saw that grain train that had a Lokomotion lok at the front a while back just now. Only this time it had a MRCE 185 (?) at the front.

4fy2vq.jpg

cargonautus.de doesn't list Plattling on their timetables anymore, but I would like to now when this train is due to pass Plattling and where it's going from/to

it shure has been a very busy freight morning this last hour. Firsty i saw this twin set appear and sat on the platfrom end for abit, which they moved into the sidings to pick some ballaster hoppers up.

post-14408-0-60272400-1332248216_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-04550900-1332248230_thumb.jpg

But just before they departed this nice looking white loco whith blue chevron on rear end shot through.

post-14408-0-37159900-1332248240_thumb.jpg

The plattling shunters sure have earnt thier crust today so far, must be cuppa time then i say lol...

• RMweb Premium

But just before they departed this nice looking white loco whith blue chevron on rear end shot through.

That'll have been a 185 owned by Railpool, who are a locomotive leasing enterprise. Their livery is silver with a vertical blue stripe on the Cab 2 end. They also have a number of 186s, but far as I can tell from your image, the loco had only two pantographs, which makes it a 185.

Edited by 1216 025

• RMweb Premium

Just as a brief follow-up: Railpool also have a batch of six class 193 Siemens Vectron electrics on order, the first of which is currently nearing completion. Deliveries are expected to begin this summer. Railcolor.net now have an image of 193 801 on the assembly line: http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1405330&id=3937&action=dview

Who do the orange and grey centre-cab diesels belong to? Look like former DR class 203/204 to me. Lots seem to be springing up with track maintainence companies along with ex DB V100's.

(I'd spotted this pair too and had taken a screen shot to load here and ask the question!)

Edited by admiles

• RMweb Premium

You mean the ones from yorkie_pudd's previous message? These are ex-DB 212s owned by Nordbayerische Eisenbahn, of which the company has five. However, NbE also have four ex-DR 202s, and four 214s, which are heavily refurbished 212s with new bodies, prime movers and various other improvements.

Edited by 1216 025

Who do the orange and grey centre-cab diesels belong to? Look like former DR class 203/204 to me. Lots seem to be springing up with track maintainence companies along with ex DB V100's.

(I'd spotted this pair too and had taken a screen shot to load here and ask the question!)

I had thought the same about which company and the unusual paint scheme, which i thought yuk at first but as they were a pair thought it actually looked really good been double headed.

You mean the ones from yorkie_pudd's previous message? These are ex-DB 212s owned by Nordbayerische Eisenbahn, of which the company has five. However, NbE also have four ex-DR 202s, and four 214s, which are heavily refurbished 212s with new bodies, prime movers and various other improvements.

Cheers 1216 for the info as now that im learning more about loco stock and more in the case of shunters, i too like admiles at first thought oh V100`s but then realised cab was wrong so thought 214/361 but then i was stumped with the bodywork as they seamed much more boxy shaped. Thanks to your great info you can see/realise the heavy refurbs they give them which seams a dying art these days. As companies worldwide seam to favour new untested then rather refurbing what works so leaving them to rust away, which UK rail seams to be the world leader - let what works rust away - buy new to work awhile and then ship it abroad to buy new again lol.

• RMweb Premium

Two image links to illustrate the difference between an unrebuilt 212 - seen here with the short hood in front:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/de/private/lease-hire/NbE/NbE_212_297.jpg

...and one rebuilt into a 214 - or, more properly, 1214:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/de/private/lease-hire/NbE/nbe_92_80_1214_006-9_als_Tfzf_in_Koln-Gremberg_20_11_10_07.jpg

Interestingly, DB AG and DB Schenker actually have a couple of 1214s as well, which were designated as class 262 internally. As it is, while all loco types currently in service are given a TSI-compliant UIC class number, operators are free to assign their own designations independently of these.

Definately a vast difference between original and refurbished.

NbE_212_297.jpg

Although somewhat more boxy too square for my tastes, yet oddly i find the refurb loco more eye pleasing and looks more built for the job then the original bodyshape does.

nbe_92_80_1214_006-9_als_Tfzf_in_Koln-Gremberg_20_11_10_07.jpg

mmmmm i wonder what refurb mods i could do with a V90 294 :D

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Austrian coach that has been sitting sandwiched between two hoppers for the last few days is interesting too. Wonder what the story is with that one?

While I'm not completely sure, this does look like a sleeping car to me, as I think I can make out some lettering below the windows which looks like on this one: http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/at/car/night/WL/T2S/IMG_6258.jpg . I also can only speculate why it has been consisted in between those wagons, though one possible explanation might be that its brakes may be non-functional, so the hoppers would be there to provide braking force for the trip to the workshop.

• RMweb Premium

Just seen 4 freights in 5 minutes, and on a Sunday!

I don't recognise this last livery though, can anyone help please?

zvzvcj.jpg

This is 1216 954 of Wiener Lokalbahnen Cargo, which has been given a promotional livery for Austrian haulier Hödlmayr:

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1406315&lang=1&id=75310&action=portrait

I personally rather like this livery :) . Interesting to see the ÖBB sleeping coach we've been mentioning a short while ago is still there, the way things look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Funny enough, I'm sure I've just seen a stopping train with what looked like two ex - British AC locos top and tailing it. They were in red livery, and the train looked like it consisted of 5 double decker coaches, they were very tall anyway, much taller than the locos.

• Like 1