Plattling webcam

from http://webcam.deg.net/webcamgb/

if appropriate donations received for another Mobotix Webcam (1000 €), we will install another webcam that will cover the southern area of the station, or the feeding direction Osterhofen and Deggendorf.

The previously-mounted webcam and especially the Internet connection via DSL and the wireless DegNet Housing Rackspace high for the data transfer volume (> 100 Mbit / s on average) for the webcam (s) is sponsoring this year DegNet GmbH

DegNet Housing provides powerful capabilities and broadband internet to even at sites that are using DSL or fiber (still) not supplied

donate at http://webcam.deg.net/?a=spende

also I am trying to put a link to here in the guestbook but it won't let me. Can anyone try please?

Made a donation today, could you please keep us up todate regarding the funding for the second webcam (I might be able to offer more help). I look every day at the site and find it most ineresting - keep up the good work

Andy West

I just got my information from translating a post in the guestbook of the Plattling webcam website. The only involvement I have is through watching the webcam! But if I find any more information (or screengrabs) I shall post them here :) I donated 10 Euros today. If Olten webcam had a contact email, I'd donate to them too, but I don't know what is going on with Olten webcam sadly.

Also to Re 6/6 I don't know what livery that shunter was, sorry. Maybe it was being transferred from Regensburg to Passau to work there? I remember it brought in the long rake of cargowagons (?) and then it left. I waited for it to return for a while, but it didn't.

Edited by motorcycle

The 'donation drive' seems to be over. I sent an email to them but it hasn't been answered. I don't know what is going on now.

But I saw a diesel locomotive a few minutes ago! It was on a long rake of yellow engineering grinders etc, with a little crane on the back.

zj8nk8.jpg

I think it is a Siemens, but I don't know the specific class.

Edited by motorcycle
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Fellow Rail roaders.

I am currently getting back into the RM scene after a 20 year gap, which ive decided to do the loft out for a 21` x 8` layout which will be DCC. Anyway i came across your forum by a post by Peter Baxter on the Plattling webcam site. As i love to watch Plattling Bahnhof on my spare screen as i do other work or stuff. This forum post i have truly enjoyed reading and seeing the pics posted by other members and learning some info on the european locos that pass through.

So it only made me want to join up and share the interest in Plattling like many other others. so here a quick pic post of an incident today i spotted, a blue shunter was appeared in the sidings which then hooked up to an EMU that had some problem and split in half. The blue shunter then took it away after several engineers seem to do alot of stuff around.

Cheers Ken.

PS: will enjoy mooching around the forums for aditional info & tips that will help with my forthcoming new build. :-)

post-14408-0-68434500-1327663963_thumb.jpgpost-14408-0-66271800-1327663971_thumb.jpgpost-14408-0-58461100-1327663978_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those EMUs appear to have been class 440 Coradia Continental units from agilis - two 3-coach sets in this case.

Cheers for that info as i`ve no idea on modern UK/EURO models, im an old diesel/electric nut lol, class 26, 31,37,40,44,45,46 and the beasts 55 Deltics. one thing in watching the Plattling cam is i do love them shunters ( class 316 ) ?? i think it was said elsewhere on here,maybe wrong. would love to have a go on them for a day, which has also made me like the old UK class 17 which is very similar in style design.

I guess you're referring to the V 60 family? http://en.wikipedia....i/DB_Class_V_60 :) One variant of this type is called class 361 nowadays.

My apologises and Thank you very much 1216 025 :sungum: for your quick reply and added info link for the V 60. very interesting read, i want to own 1 now lol ( well can dream of winning the lottery ) :no2:

A beautiful looking Monday morning in Plattling and see the rail workers are back again. These V90`s are just smexy or is that just me lol.

OK..... must be me ............... books men in white coats. see you laters hehe

post-14408-0-66542700-1327913695_thumb.jpg

Well busy shunt day in Plattling, even some stored in the rear sidings. Been some trackmen having good look all around the old un-used lines. Im guessing the industrial complex they serve is a paper mill and thats where the shunts fuel up aswell ???

Ken

post-14408-0-21990000-1328011777_thumb.jpg

Edited by yorkie_pudd

The shunts are breeding LOL

On a quick look last night i noticed that at least maybe 2 V60`s were stabled on the rear lines past the Workman's hut. Having a quick now at least 3 have appeared with the normal 2 V60 & 2 V90, so an extra V60 and the other 2 on rear lines. ( replacements or additions ) or transfers just having a breather. I still wonder what the 3 porta-cabins are for, new marshalling office ?? when placed bottom 2 interiors looked like staff tea/changing room. The top 1 has windows all along its length. Could be just coincidental that theres been a load rail checking. so maybe due upgrading guess time will tell. i`ll probably miss it only seen through archive. mmmmm road trip and camp out lol

yorkie_pudd the Plattling squatter :O ..

post-14408-0-76391600-1328360351_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-04036600-1328360359_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Possible new emu or has been refurbished / upgraded and on test ??

Several times today when ive come in and done some compy work, ive had the webcam on spare screen, in what i thought 1st time was just an emu parking up. Then turned to have been pulled in by the white vectron which uncoupled then turned round to connect at the other end, and all away again. 3 times ive spotted this doing same thing, come in vectron swaps end and all pulls away again.

post-14408-0-83675900-1329238855_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-17545400-1329238866_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-19738800-1329238873_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-26498200-1329238882_thumb.jpg

what ever the loco model is ( know u guys will know ) i must admit it sure looks good in white with the gold writing.

sorry about pics as tried increasing screen size for a better view.

• RMweb Premium

what ever the loco model is ( know u guys will know ) i must admit it sure looks good in white with the gold writing.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. The Vectron family is sort of a successor to the Eurosprinter product line, and will be available in various electric and diesel-electric variants, much as Bombardier's TRAXX already is. AC only and AC/DC versions are designaled as class 193, DC only locos as class 191, and the diesel-electric ones as class 247. Going by your screenshots, I assume it is one of the pre-production AC only locos, which comprise 193 921, 922, 923 and 924.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. The Vectron family is sort of a successor to the Eurosprinter product line, and will be available in various electric and diesel-electric variants, much as Bombardier's TRAXX already is. AC only and AC/DC versions are designaled as class 193, DC only locos as class 191, and the diesel-electric ones as class 247. Going by your screenshots, I assume it is one of the pre-production AC only locos, which comprise 193 921, 922, 923 and 924.

Cheers for info 1216 025, my sceenshot probably dont do it justice as i said pure white with gold lettering was really striking to see.

Also spotted this earlier today - small snow plough cutter by looks of it.

post-14408-0-82239700-1329515590_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey motorcycle, im working from home today so had cam on most of time on other screen, has been a vast amount of traffic passing through today and many had to be sat in sidings at times. I saw this just as the sun really beamed out and must admit the blue loco and them hoppers sure made a bright viewing glow to the place. Also there has been many rail service vehicles running about, diggers, tampers etc etc. All good viewing :)