The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

where is it,? (quiz)

great central

Don't seem to have been many of these lately, always found them interesting.

Might have expected some to crop up due to holidays.

Mods, if this isn't the right place please move, perhaps a subforum would be a good idea, not that I'm trying to create work for anyone :)

Anyway, a bit of a difficult one i think! watch somebody get it in five minutes :unsure:

A section of erstwhile trackbed, honest :blink:

post-110-128155816356_thumb.jpg

Mods, if this isn't the right place please move, perhaps a subforum would be a good idea, not that I'm trying to create work for anyone :)

If I recall correctly, we did decide a while ago that 'quiz' type topics should be in W&S, with genuine requests for info in Prototype Help. We also decided - a much longer time ago - that we wouldn't create endless subforums for every transient fad ;)

Thanks.

If I recall correctly, we did decide a while ago that 'quiz' type topics should be in W&S, with genuine requests for info in Prototype Help. We also decided - a much longer time ago - that we wouldn't create endless subforums for every transient fad ;)

Thanks.

fair enough :good_mini:

Would that have been a long,lomg time ago in a galaxy far, far away............? :rofl_mini:

Coat please :biggrin_mini:

Judging by the gorse in the shot, I would suggest moorland somewhere. On the Cromford and High Peak ?

Most of the C&HP is now surfaced, being the 'High Peak Trail' from Cromford to Parsley Hay. Some of the bits between Ladmanlow and Whaley Bridge which closed after the LNWR Buxton to Ashbourne line opened in 1899 may look like that though.

See if this one can last the night....

post-110-128156528749_thumb.jpg

Well I cheated and typed the graffiti BOMSEAK into google, which found another photo at bomseak

by someone called Streets of Sheffield, who describes it as "BomSeak Tesco Factory (from Train)"

Still none the wiser though. Bit annoying if it is round Sheffield, as I must have passed it.

Not round Heeley way is it?

The map link I posted doesn't seem to have come back in the same place I was looking at! The place I was thinking of is to the NW of the railway, SW of the Archer Road overbridge and NE of the Tesco and Sainsburys on either side of the line.

I think Millhouses shed was a bit further NE on the SE side of the line, roughly where Windsor Road now is and almost opposite Rails on Chesterfield Road, but I'm not certain.

[Pedant mode on]

nearly ;)

[pedant mode off]

They're all too clever here so i'll be looking for a precise position :D

The water tower building at the rear of the old shed. Part of the old office and stores building is just visible to the left. The River Sheaf goes under the railway to the right of the building in the photo.

Archived