ECoS Update

• RMweb Gold

ESU have released firmware version 3.3.0 for ECoS.

This now supports user defined custom loco icons.

Is it worth the ECoS users here starting a library of UK outline loco icons?

Andi

ESU have released firmware version 3.3.0 for ECoS.

This now supports user defined custom loco icons.

Is it worth the ECoS users here starting a library of UK outline loco icons?

Andi

Andi,

We don't need to. ESU are going to host one on their own web site at http://www.esu.eu/en/download/lokbild-bazar/ The german version is already up and running, http://www.esu.eu/download/lokbild-bazar/ but ESU Support have said that the english version still needs a couple of tweaks to the explanatory notes before they put it up on the web site. There are already 6 pages of locos up on the german page, including a French TGV. Lovely stuff.

• RMweb Gold

I've been playing... I'm too impatient to wait for ESU rolleyes.gif

Maximum image sizes for ECoS 50000 (the black and white screen version) is 80 x 20 pixels which is not a lot to play with. The images have to be in BMP format but RMweb doesn't permit BMP for attachments.

These two images are saved as GIF but opening them in MSPaint and saving as BMP should make them usable for upload to ECoS.

Thoughts please?

Andi

post-6674-128182866614.gif

post-6674-128182867877.gif

• RMweb Gold

Andi,

We don't need to. ESU are going to host one on their own web site at http://www.esu.eu/en.../lokbild-bazar/ The german version is already up and running, http://www.esu.eu/do.../lokbild-bazar/ but ESU Support have said that the english version still needs a couple of tweaks to the explanatory notes before they put it up on the web site. There are already 6 pages of locos up on the german page, including a French TGV. Lovely stuff.

Ive added my two above to the ESU site... biggrin.gif

Andi

Here we go with the colour version, its critical that the image is 190x40 pixels and is a 24bit BMP, I used Paint to edit . Its all a very easy process.

Here is a screenshot of the new PC interface with my locos loaded. You can load all your images in one session then re boot your ECoS before you can use them, they are described on the ECoS as user defined images.

450_141933_230000000.jpg

And here they are on the ECoS screenshot

450_141935_150000000.jpg

Have fun.

Regards

Pete

It is critical that the image size is right, the colour ECoS wouldn't load my first attemt as it was 190 x 39. Resized to 190 x 40 and it worked fine.

post-6983-12818684762_thumb.jpg

Have also sorted out getting the background colour the same as the built in icons.

post-6983-128186850669_thumb.jpg

The images started out as photos taken yesterday morning, then cropped, resixed and the background colour added all using Serif PhotoPlus x2.

Brilliant!

I'm hoping to find time to put more LT loco images up in the next day or two, Panners & Metronet Class 66.

Question for Andi - Does Pro Box work with ECoS yet?

• RMweb Gold

Question for Andi - Does Pro Box work with ECoS yet?

I haven't tried it yet, that's todays playing as well as creating more icons. I've put an HST power car on the ESU site now too. Trying to capture the essence of a loco in 80x20 pixels in black and white really is not easy, I need to upgrade to the colour version.

Andi

ESU have released yet another Firmware Upgrade for the ECoS for both the Mono and the colour versions. This one is version 3.3.1 and has been released because of problems with the file format for the configuration save and with the data XML Export in version 3.3.0.

There is also a bug in the english firmware update page of the ECoS itself. If you click on the Send button nothing happens because there is no HTML code attached to it in version 3.3.0 - Fix just click on the german flag and work from that.

Because of the bugs, version 3.3.0 has been taken down from the ESU web site and is no longer available for download.

If you want a colour image for the Metronet Livery Class 66/9 for yourcolour ECoS, I have uploaded one to the ESU web site.

A question to the ESU owners?

Does the route setting function simply require point decoders to work (ie MERG ones) or is there anything else required.

Hoping to go an have a look a one in the next few weeks

Accessory (point)decoders are all that is required.

All my points are Peco using Lenz LS150 accessory decoders. Operated with ECoS 50000 using routes etc from track schematics of my layout on the screen.

Cheers

Ian

• 6 years later...

How do you upload the images to the 50000? Thanks

Please read section 24.2.6 of the latest ECoS manual that you can download from here http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/instruction-manuals/digital-systems/

Whist the manual is primarily aimed at users of the colour screen ECoS 2, it is equally applicable to your black and white screen ECoS 1 as the two versions are functionally identical, only the screens will look a bit different because of the higher screen resolution of the ECoS 2.

There are separate sets of loco icons for the ECoS 1 and the ECoS 2, and you cannot use the icons intended for a "1" on a "2" or vice versa.

Archived