How to unload stone US Style

SXHALL

What happens when the excavator has dug out half the load and the stone beneath it starts to shift. Surely it will drop lower so it can't swivel. I suppose it must move along the train first, remove half the load from within the furthest wagon, then move onto the previous wagon which is still full and unload the other half of the furthest wagon's load from there, then repeat the process right back to the frame where it climbed on:blink:.

That was a bit odd, this was the kind of thing i'd expected to see:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q4toJA5EXcM

or

Where the digger sits on the top of the car sides to unload, and is held there by guides, so whilst it looks wierd it's actually pretty safe to use.

The one linked to in the OP does seem to drop inside the cars though, which would mean you would have to go to the end and unload your way down the train back to the platforms I guess?

As to why not a ramp, they are on the track so must be movable, I presume doing it with two blocks instead of a long ramp means the excavator can "crane" them in/out of position without having to have any extra handling gear.

Nice "classic" reporting marks there being reused by UP as well - Chicago Milwaukee and Omaha?

Archived