Much Wittering in N gauge.

DDolfelin

The whole thing is looking pretty impressive.

As a lifelong N gauger, modelling in this scale comes naturally to me. But for somebody who has switched to the scale to be doing so much, so well, so quickly is pretty humbling ...

Just as a pathetic excuse for lack of progress, I can say that I've been involved in some Town Planning for Much Wittering.

These buildings and more like them will appear in due course.

(The part station is scratchbuilt but the rest are my take on the beloved Kestrel Kits).

post-7041-091609900 1286180348_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A big favour needed now.

I know next to nothing about the trackside furniture needed to furnish Much Wittering.

Below is a schematic of the Station area.

I'd be really grateful if someone who knows about these things (Signals, warning notices, ground frames, directional signs, speed limits etc. etc.) would be kind enough to mark up the schematic for me in words of one syllable.

A bit much to ask but I might as well try and get it right.

It may be that I need to give more information about use, in which case I'll get back to you.

Thanks in anticipation.

post-7041-098740300 1287738724_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Seeing as nobody else has had a bash at your signalling question I'll give it a whirl.

post-163-031363000 1287917135_thumb.jpg

The signal on the siding I feel is likely to be a ground signal.

The signal infront of the entrance of the siding would likely be the other side of the tunnel.

The signal at the end of the platform may or may not be present dependant upon the location of any pointwork off scene.

p.s. I like the google earth type view.

• RMweb Premium

Tripple amber is a route indication signal. Should have 5 white lights on it (I think) but I ran out of space and amber showed up better. This would only be lit when the route was set for the siding.

... and here it is.

Incomplete and after one pass with the paint brush.

Has to be very thin paint or it fills between the rungs of the ladder - the method recommended for putting colour into the signal arm apertures.

Where are the elves when you need them?

Looks like you made a nice job of the signal. Are you going to make more of them? Have you considered the MSE range?

Hello :)

I have to agree, the MSE range of bits makes into some very nice signals and they are slightly more robust than the ratio ones although the ratio signals are very good.

The way I 'glazed' my signals was to fill the holes with a clear epoxy glue then once dry I simply coloured them in with overhead projector pens if that helps.

Missy :)

• RMweb Premium

I have to agree, the MSE range of bits makes into some very nice signals and they are slightly more robust than the ratio ones although the ratio signals are very good.

Never made a GWR MSE signal, but if they are anything like an LSWR one (obviously less the different post construction) the construction is somewhat more complex than the ratio ones though laugh.gif

Archived