Market Sianborough

apj64

We have finally started a blog for our loft layout although I am not sure if I prefer the blog format or not.

Attached below is the track plan.

LayoutLower.jpg

LayoutMiddle.jpg

Dimensions are 11' x 10'and will be over 3 levels

All the track in the above plan has now been laid and has taken us 15 months to reach this state.

apart from the lower staging area all track and points are Peco code 55 and live frog points.

The points are powered by Seep PM1's (cost reasons) and are switched via a computer interface.

We are not modeling any particular area or era basically if we like it we run it.

As soon as I have had a tidy up of the working area I will take and get some photo's up of the current construction.

Andy & Cieran

A few photo's of progress to date:

An overview first up

Top right corner of Plan

DSCF2884.jpg

Bottom right the top level Terminal Station will sit over the framed area and the Triangle Junction

DSCF2885.jpg

Bottom left and new fiddle yard

DSCF2882.jpg

Top left Corner

DSCF2883.jpg

Bottom right corner showing track curving round and down to lower level under the middle level trackand the return loop of the original Fiddle yard can just be seen under the 2 levels

DSCF2869.jpg

New sliding Fiddle yard still some track to lay...Hmmm track looked straighter when I was laying it

DSCF2861.jpg

Top middle: Space between main lines will be used to construct the ramps up to level 3 the building is a temporary depot for Cieran and the space will eventually form a container terminal

DSCF2868.jpg

Original Lower fiddle yard This will now be purely a holding yard trains will return from here via a loop to the upper levels

DSCF2877.jpg

Cieran has commenced track painting and has spent hours up in the loft ...Bless him

DSCF2887.jpg

DSCF2886.jpg

Just Noticed I have forgotten to put the false sleepers in on that section

Apart from the original Fiddle yard and 2 non scenic ramps between the lower, intermediate and middle levels all track and point work is Peco code 55 and live frogs

That's all for now more to follow

Andy & Cieran

Archived