RMweb

Digitrains Zimo genuine UK locomotive sound sets

alangdance

Does anybody know anything about Digitrains range of genuine UK locomotive sound sets using the Zimo sound decoders.

On the website digitrains there is no other info or prices or what sound is avaialble.

Does anybody have any info about this.

Regards

Alan

use your link then go to uk sounds bottom left on page gives the information you want ?

• RMweb Gold

Speaking to Chris and Jeremy they are having sounds produced for them which are recoreded from the prototype and are put onto a Zimo sound decoder.

They had a diesel running at Grantham exhibition can't remember which one it was now but it sounded very good indeed.

I would suggest you give them a ring for further information, that way you can be sure of getting the correct info.

Cheers

Ian

I actually bought the Blue Bachmann Class 20 that Digitrains were demonstrating at Grantham (fitted with Zimo decoder and their own Sounds).

I had no intention of buying a new loco at the exhibition, but was so impressed when I heard it, I had to have it. They also had a Class 47

which also sounded great. They told me they had plans to expand the range and I would recommend them to anyone. Just mention my name.

Kevin from Grantham.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan,

From what Jeremy was telling me, the Zimo chip actually comes with a number of steam sounds onboard, it's just a case of selecting which one using CV's

He said that the steam sounds are not too bad to use, probably just a difference in the whistle sounds I would guess.

It was the diesel sounds that were the issue as they didn't have any UK ones.

Yes they are expanding the range not too sure which one they will have next though, like I say best to give them a ring and you will find out exactly what they have and whats on the horizon.

Cheers

Ian

Any idea when whey will be available and are they also going to produce sound for steam.

Alan

Hi - I called Digitrains and spoke to a very helpful chap called Jeremy

At present they are waiting for the 640 zimo chips to come into stock - these retail at £69.00 each ( minus speaker ) but they do have the higher spec 642 in stock at £83.20

Available projects are

Class 20

Class 24

Class 25

Class 37/0

Class 37/4

Class 47

Deltic - under development

Shipping £2.50 -

Hope this helps - if anyone buys one please put a clip for us to see

Chris

I have done a short film on my digital camera(apologies for the quality) on YouTube demonstrating my Bachmann Class 20 which I bought a couple of weeks ago from Digitrains. It is fitted with the Zimo decoder and Digitrains own sounds.

The film plays the sounds in function key order. F1 Start Up/Shut Down, F2 Short Horn, F3 Long Horn, F4 Air, F5 Flange Squeal,

F6 Brake Release, F7 Cab Door, F8 Shuntng Mode, F9 Coupling, F10 Driver Acknowledge, F11 Compressor.

The loco runs very smoothly, even at low speed which is ideal for my 'Depot' layout and it sounds great as power is increased. It also has a nice brake squeal. At the end of the clip is the shutdown sequence which lasts quite a long time with some great pops and air noises. Enjoy. Kevin.

Here is the link:

• RMweb Gold

I was running my Class 20 fitted with a Zimo decoder and this sound project at Hartlepool on Rederring and Digitrains were on the stand next to me, so Jeremy obviously heard it and was very impressed so I put him in contact with the person who created the project.

I will be running the Class 20 on Rederring this weekend at the Leigh Model Rail Exhibition and also at our own LYDCC Exhibition on the 30th/31st October. I will also be running an early version of the Class 37 and a sample of some of my own Zimo projects, including a Co-Bo.

Regards,

Peter

wow that class 20 sounds ace:D ....

Stupid question whats the diffrence in sounds with a 37/0 and a 37/4?

37/0's - start up off a generator, and tend to have a more aggressive throttle pick up

Refurbished 37/4's are fitted with an alternator, and starter motors (2 off)

Howes refurbed 37 sound decoders capture this start up sequence well.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The current selection of these Zimo projects and other UK DCC Sound projects, including ESU Loksound, will be running on both Rederring and Shay Toll Road at the LYDCC Exhibition on Saturday and Sunday, 30th & 31st October at Rawtenstall.

Full details on the LYDCC website.

You will be able to talk to the author of these Zimo projects but until the exhibition his identity will be a secret!!! :)

Peter

The current selection of these Zimo projects and other UK DCC Sound projects, including ESU Loksound, will be running on both Rederring and Shay Toll Road at the LYDCC Exhibition on Saturday and Sunday, 30th & 31st October at Rawtenstall.

Full details on the LYDCC website.

You will be able to talk to the author of these Zimo projects but until the exhibition his identity will be a secret!!! :)

Peter

Will they be making an appearance on Rederring at Workington in November Peter? I'd like to hear them in the flesh/plastic as it were. Sound very nice, but hard to tell the relationship between sound and movement when they're on rollers! Cheers, kev.

Archived