RMweb

Digitrains Zimo genuine UK locomotive sound sets

alangdance

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Peterborough show on Saturday and purchased two Zimo 642 decoders with Digitrains sounds on, one with the class 47 and the other with class 37/4. Haven't had a chance to do anything with the 37, but fitted the 47 on Sunday and got a recording tonight and here's the link, if you are interested. I've recorded the functions in sequence at the end and they are -

F0 - Lights

F1 - Sound On/Off

F2 - Double Horn

F4 - Single Horn

F4 - Brake Release

F5 - Wheel/Flange Noise

F6 - Coupler

F7 - Door Shut

F8 - Primer Pump

F9 - Compressor

F10 - Fire Bell

F11 - Playable Brake Sound

F12 - Pop Loop

• RMweb Gold

Now that my bit of plastic is a little lighter having bought a class 20,47 and a class 25!!

I need to fit the decoder and a speaker into a Bachmann class 20 but its a bit tight on space any ideas people as the sounds are amazing ?:unsure::excl::excl:

• RMweb Gold
I need to fit the decoder and a speaker into a Bachmann class 20 but its a bit tight on space any ideas people as the sounds are amazing ?

I fitted a 8 Ohm Bass Enhanced speaker on D8134. It required some minor cuttting of the chassis and some very careful filling of the speaker so that it fitted in the curve of the roof. I will try and take some pictures over the next day or so and post them.

If anyone is visiting our LYDCC exhibition I will have the loco on Rederring and I would be more than happy to take the body off to show how I fitted the speakr. The author of these Zimo projects is at the exhibiton and there will be samples of his and other sound projects on various layouts.

Regards,

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks Peter I'm looking forward to the step by step guide as its not the same running my class 20 around without a bodyshell !!

I fitted a 8 Ohm Bass Enhanced speaker on D8134. It required some minor cuttting of the chassis and some very careful filling of the speaker so that it fitted in the curve of the roof. I will try and take some pictures over the next day or so and post them.

If anyone is visiting our LYDCC exhibition I will have the loco on Rederring and I would be more than happy to take the body off to show how I fitted the speakr. The author of these Zimo projects is at the exhibiton and there will be samples of his and other sound projects on various layouts.

Regards,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi their how much record time is on the zimo 640 and 642 and how much are they charging for the speaker.

I'm not sure how much record time is on the decoders, you will need to check with Digitrains. The prices for the speakers are also on their website at http://www.digitrains.co.uk I've used two 20mm speakers in the fuel tanks. Tony.

Archived