SVR Autumn Steam Gala

PenrithBeacon

I visited the SVR for all three days of the Autumn Steam Gala and I have uploaded the film to YouTube. The film last for 15 minutes and can be viewed in HD.

I started at Bewdley on Friday with the arrival of the ‘Large Prairie’ and the teak set. Also in the station yard were ‘Manston’, ‘City of Truro’ and ‘Bradley Manor‘. The station yard was a bit crowded with fellow enthusiasts so I walked up Northwood Lane and caught ‘Manston’ and the ‘Pannier Tank’ at Bridge 12 on northbound services. A further walk up Northwood Lane and the ‘Collett Goods’, the ‘Large Prairie’ and the ‘Pannier’ on a local with the GWR three coach set were filmed. After the trudge back to Bewdley I drove to Bridgenorth which was the usual hive of activity with the ‘Collett Goods’ and the ‘Large Prairie’ being serviced. Both Ivatt Moguls were in steam acting as mainline pilots. I also caught ‘Bradley Manor’ departing on the 14.44, but filming stopped soon afterwards because the light was so dreadful there was just no point in carrying on!

Saturday was a much better day and ‘Leander’ was filmed climbing Bewdley bank from the footpath above the tunnel. A number of other trains were caught too but ‘City of Truro’ trundled downhill with the 11.53 from Kidderminster and after its passing I drove to Erdington to catch the train there. Also filmed at Erdington were ‘Leander’ and 3205 southbound and the ‘Large Prairie’ and ‘Manston’ northbound. After this a drive to Highley and Arley and I caught the ‘Large Prairie’ doing a positively volcanic departure and ‘City of Truro’ crossing the ‘Victoria Bridge’.

Sunday wasn’t such a good day but I took a walk up the footpath from Highley to Hampton Loade and got sequences of the 4566 on the up goods and ‘Bradley Manor’ on the 11.21 departure from Bridgenorth. After a walk back to Highley and past the ‘Ship Inn’ which was regrettably so full it wasn’t possible to get to the bar I caught 5542 doing a very noisy approach to the station and 5466 departing on the goods which brings the film to an end.

You can find the film at the link below and I hope everyone enjoys it!

Regards

• RMweb Premium

It was a great weekend, my other half and myself were there sat and sun.

In fact I must have walked past you as we were walking Hampton Loade to Highly when the goods went past and Leander.

I think we rode behind almost evrything.

Big thanks to everyone involved at the SVR.

Archived