Revised Hornby T9

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads up, todays Rails advent offer is for R3107 T9 30313 at 89.50

https://railsofsheffield.com/br-4-4-0-t9-class-greyhound-br-lined-black-late-crest-30313-r3107-JJJA18493.aspx

Still on offer at same price. Was tempted. Succumbed. End of year weakness...probably induced by waiting for CT scan this morning and looking around at the other "clients".....draw your own conclusion....Well,it's got a six wheeled tender and is semi-pemanently coupled to its tender ...bit like me really.

Still on offer at same price. Was tempted. Succumbed. End of year weakness...probably induced by waiting for CT scan this morning and looking around at the other "clients".....draw your own conclusion....Well,it's got a six wheeled tender and is semi-pemanently coupled to its tender ...bit like me really.

You must have got the last one, now sold out! Hope scan went well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Here's Ian H... oops sorry I mean 30301 (formally 30313)  :jester:  :jester:

post-7000-0-03548500-1421496207_thumb.jpg

She still needs a liberal coat of dirt, but it is far to cold to paint at the moment (the Penguins keep stealing the paint bottles!)

Some observations after having the loco apart and comparing it to earlier (Sanda Kan) Brethren.

• Very easy to remove the numbers and crests cleanly
  • Pipework (between the driving wheels) is the later modified type on the older type chassis part - so swapping round requires holes to be drilled the correct place.
  • A different plastic has been used, it slightly harder and stronger than was used on the SK versions.
  • Wiring on the chassis block is considerably neater than the bag of worms that use to greet you on the older ones, none of that horrid black tacky stuff and the wire used appears to be a slightly heavier gauge.
  • Nothing fell off while taking it apart either!!

So far so good.

• RMweb Gold

Really ? I dithered over it for a few days.Now glad I took the plunge. Thanks...won't know until I see the consultant in a few weeks.Sorry you missed out. Regards,Ian.

T9 and self now reported with full head of steam.Scan report & blood test clear.C.M.E.(urologist) declares me ex-works and ready for next Padstow-Okehampton turn.

• RMweb Gold

T9 and self now reported with full head of steam.Scan report & blood test clear.C.M.E.(urologist) declares me ex-works and ready for next Padstow-Okehampton turn.

Just watch out for for an over enthusiastic, but short-sighted Fireman and where he may stick his fire irons ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump such an old topic, I have 729, which is one of the T9's with the irons backwards, what's the best way to break the glue holding the frames to the body?

Archived