Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Er .... don't tell anyone but .......

........I quite like shopping in Morrisons.

Can I take anything for it?

There is a quite nice Morrisons near here, but it seems to be full of people who go there to pass the time of day rather than shop. It was like that when it was a Safeway. 

• RMweb Premium

short game today despite 25 minutes of torrential rain - 5 minutes after we had started!!

Weather looks a bit wet tomorrow - hope we get our game finished....

Have a great evening/night /morning people

and there are still loads of reasons to shop at Morrisons......brawn, chicken curry pies, bacon........

• Like 1

Prepared food is OK into Canada, at least. A sniffer dog at Ottawa airport once showed great interest in my wife's bag, which contained flavoured British crisps in sealed bags, all inside a sealed foil bag. We were seriously impressed!

It's actually fine in to the USA as well.

Thanks, Guys.

I've already ordered a large jar over the internet from British Delights in MASS., (along with a bag of Sherbet Fountains)!

Btw Piccalilli is called "Chow - Chow" (even by the British manufacturers) over here - no idea why...

Thanks to Tony S. for some insights into Universities around the nation - I'll reply later, Tony.

Best, Pete.

Or you could just do that. I don't like checking luggage anyway.

• RMweb Gold

and there are still loads of reasons to shop at Morrisons......brawn, chicken curry pies, bacon........

I'm not sure if it is a regional thing but Morrisons seem to be very proud of their misting devices for their vegetable and salad produce. 

• RMweb Gold

In Minehead the only big supermarket used to be Tesco (there was a smaller co-op in town) and the service was poor items staked were erratic often things would appear as discontinued ranges which we had never seen on the shelves. A large Morrisons opening up across the road greatly improved the service from Tesco. Obviously proving the benefit of competition provide no one gets to big they will strive for your custom. You now get strange things like Sainsbury giving me a voucher because I could have bought the same items cheaper in Asda! Why not just cut your prices?

Don

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, thought I would be the first to post on this Sunday morning although the truth is that I am only just going to bed! An evening of ironies? Went on the real ale train on the watercress line diesel hauled because of the recent heat wave, and it rained. Connecting SWT train from Alton at the end of the evening had no working toilets on board. Made me smile! :-)

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry now after heavy rain & thunderstorm last night, 16oC & maybe some more rain later. Let's hope not.

I'm off to Didcot today & have decided to go by public transport but having read Ian's comments re FGW am now wondering if that was such a good idea. 

Never mind, I am an Englishman so "stiffen the sinews,summon up the blood" etc. Hopefully they don't always get it wrong. (Do they?)

Have a good one,

Bob.

Well I'm  not early today. I rose at 5:45 my time but then found there were three pages of posts from yesterday posted after I had had my daily read so I'm late posting today.

Yesterday was a very cold abd wet day by our standards and the older residents (I'm one of the youngest at 73) were all complaining that they couldn't get warm. (13C max)

Today is just as cold but drier.

Happy modelling, those who manage to get to do some.

Enjoy Didcot  Bob! May it inspire you for your extension.

Keep us informed as it progresses!

Welcome to new posters twa dogs and Emma.

Edited by DonBradley

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

T-storm discharged itself last night, but doesn't seem to have done much of anything to change the oppressive heat as the forecast for 36 to 37°C is still up – with eastern Saxony standing a chance of cracking the 40°C mark, too.

Depending on whether the heavy storms which are expected to follow the current heat wave will materialise tonight, we might be doing a barbecue.

Have a good day, folks...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny and breezy here. Garden looks as if it has been power washed during the night. 

We are not planning to go anywhere today. I don't think I would have even gone down this early but Robbie barked twice, and for once it didn't seem to be for a reason. Perhaps he was dreaming. Aditi then informed me that there was a hen in the bed. She was definitely dreaming.

Tony

Hello all!

`Been a difficult week or so, since my dear pal 'Cody' had to be laid to rest.........His leaving hit us all pretty hard here at Collie Towers and I`ve struggled to be able to do or say very much in the time since..........I`m awaiting his ashes being returned later this week; it may seem odd to some, but I will feel some comfort in having that small remainder of what was him, always close by.

Yesterday, I received a surprise formal-invitation to a posh event which is forthcoming down in 'that London'...........The how or why is a complete mystery; as I don`t know of any professional or family connection to the event or the people concerned..........It`s not really my kind of thing and with my mind being on closer-family matters, I`m not minded to accept the invitation (although how you properly decline such a thing, I wouldn`t know?)...........I am rather curious about it all, though.

Best wishes for your today.

Deb.

Cody

Hello all!

`Been a difficult week or so, since my dear pal 'Cody' had to be laid to rest.........His leaving hit us all pretty hard here at Collie Towers and I`ve struggled to be able to do or say very much in the time since..........I`m awaiting his ashes being returned later this week; it may seem odd to some, but I will feel some comfort in having that small remainder of what was him, always close by.

Yesterday, I received a surprise formal-invitation to a posh event which is forthcoming down in 'that London'...........The how or why is a complete mystery; as I don`t know of any professional or family connection to the event or the people concerned..........It`s not really my kind of thing and with my mind being on closer-family matters, I`m not minded to accept the invitation (although how you properly decline such a thing, I wouldn`t know?)...........I am rather curious about it all,

Best wishes for your today.

Deb.

Cody

attachicon.gifCody Vignette.JPG

Nice to see you are able to take an active part again Debs. I'm sure many will be glad you feel comfortable enough to share your little pearls with us once more.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

At last we have had a reasonable drop of rain on the Island. Loads of campers taken by surprise Towels left hanging out to dry. We had a little thunder which disturbed Monty but he didn't get too worked up. A lot fresher today which will make it better for the dogs walking.

Have a good days to friends old and new and nice to see you back Debs.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morni g all.

Not a particularly early riser this morning. Perhaps I'm turning evil.

I've also been reminded what an okta is ..... With a vengeance.

It's so good to see your post Debs.

• Like 1