The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Ah, that looks like a 'sticky drill' with an electro-magnetic base.  We have one of those for doing steelwork, one of the best inventions of the modern world IMHO!  An absolute boon.  edit - I suppose it's an end mill really, as opposed to a drill?

Yes Neil, It`s a low RPM electromagnetic-drill with a rotabroach annular cutter: after each very-fast process; you`re left with clean, accurate bore and a (very hot) centre-plug which drops clear......rotabroaches don`t suffer the reaction torque and 'walking' issues of old fashioned large-dia. helical drill bits.

Morning All,

I was wondering the same thing Dominik.  One minute it's Friday afternoon, and the next it is Monday morning.

It is quite a mild morning here, for the time of year - which is a good thing because the radiators in the office don't seem to be working.

I spend yesterday in the workshop, working on a DCC booster that I have designed.  It needs a bit of work though.  It was a case of switching on, and tuning for maximum smoke :O.  I think I need to break out my copy of Spice, and find out where I went wrong with my calculations :sarcastic:

I see Don is around - Morning Don!

Have a good day everyone...

Edited by Robert

Morning all, 

Debs, that turnout is going to need a lot of wrapping paper! 

Busy day yesterday...and the "Nine Lessons and Carols" was interesting ...........and quite fun in it's way. (Last time i went to church other than Christenings Weddings an Funerals was in 1963!)

Still only four days of this week to go as Thursday night I'm off!

Try and enjoy your day,

Trev 

• Like 1

Good morning all and Robert! I was trying to post at that time but my computer was not responding so I gave up and postponed until now.,  The same happened yesterday afternoon when it was HOT! Would that cause a computer to go on strike?

It reached 31 yesterday afternoon/evening.

Today is relatively mild, starting out at 18C and promising a max of only 28C later.

Largely a blue sky with some little puffy white clouds scattered about like baby lambs.

I hope your week proves happy and rewarding without too many hastles! :no:

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Dry and about 5C. I haven't done much yet, made tea, sliced bread for toast and let Robbie have a run round the garden.

I did do some  modelling yesterday but it was cardboard and glue not metalwork.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is the calculation shown on the Google home page (for Grace Hopper's birthday) wrong? Would it not give an answer of minus 107?

Not in COBOL. (SUBTRACT 1906 FROM 2013 GIVING Anniversary.)

Morning All.

Cheers

Dave

Edited to fix my COBOL syntax. It's been a long time!

Edited by eldavo
  • Like 1

I spend yesterday in the workshop, working on a DCC booster that I have designed.  It needs a bit of work though.  It was a case of switching on, and tuning for maximum smoke :O.

:O Oh no!.........an escape by the much-feared 'smoke genie'. :scared:

• RMweb Gold

Debs, your overalls are looking far too clean. . . . . .

I've never seen any evidence that Debs is a "dirty girl"!

Another cold, clear and crisp morning, and we seem to be set for the same for a day or two yet. My first lie-in in 10 days, so feeling almost wicked!

Has everyone seen this clip? The Swedish Chef seemed to have a cult following in the olde Muppet days.

http://boingboing.net/2013/12/08/swedish-chefgordon-ramsay-coo.html

120 Xmas cards on hand - and it may not be enough! Getting more isn't feasible here, so will have to buy some hideous French things!

Hope your week goes well.

• RMweb Premium

Yes Neil, It`s a low RPM electromagnetic-drill with a rotabroach annular cutter: after each very-fast process; you`re left with clean, accurate bore and a (very hot) centre-plug which drops clear......rotabroaches don`t suffer the reaction torque and 'walking' issues of old fashioned large-dia. helical drill bits.

Same as ours - only problem is the very hot plug that doesn't always fall out, and is a *&$$£r to get out!  We used it to drill the steelwork for our new shed extension, that's about the only part that went OK.....sigh.  Seems one of the 'portals' wasn't made correctly, only noticed after concreting in by those concerned, so the shed now has a hump! Just as well it's 'around the back' !!!!!

Not in COBOL. (SUBTRACT 1906 FROM 2013 GIVING Anniversary)

Morning All.

Cheers

Dave

Edited to fix my COBOL syntax. It's been a long time!

You could earn good money with that - People who can program in COBOL are very thin on the ground these days.

A friend of mine was called back from retirement because his former company couldn't find anyone to replace him.

I have never programmed in COBOL, but I did work on a few projects in FORTRAN.  A lot of the whippersnappers around here have never even used a Mainframe :mosking:

:O Oh no!.........an escape by the much-feared 'smoke genie'. :scared:

Thankfully not - having an eye on the ammeter told me something was wrong, and allowed me to switch off before the magic smoke got out.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, only one more Monday morning before the Christmas holidays, two tuesdays wednesdays etc......   Not feeling too sprightly this morning after a bad nights sleep but some things need to be done and some need to be seen to be done. I thought that was 15 inch track must have been kidding myself all these years.....

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Well the booking is confirmed - and just as well as the ship is selling fast (Neil to note - should his friend have not actually booked yet) with a run on Staterooms and Executive level cabins so far; in fact so much of a run that we couldn't get our first choice stateroom and had to settle for the one the Princess Royal uses when aboard.  Anyway we've booked for a supposed 'East Coast' part of the itinerary so with luck we might actually not be tootling round the Bristol Channel next June, fingers etc are crossed.

Development on the cat front as Sammy has been out for a constitutional this morning and has just brought himself back home actually managing the catdoor (which he was not at all happy about yesterday), hopefully it also means that he won't be using the litter tray for his usual morning habit ;)  The cats will be off for their booster shots later today and it will be interesting to see how much weight they've put on.

Have a good day folks

• Like 2