The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I must apologise for this morning's grump!

The Tuna bake was delectable and the salads quite tasty.

The threatend storm has arrived and I can post here as the Tennis on TV has been disrupted by the weather.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Tuna based meals are something I would never choose but I do eat if presented with. 

The threatend storm has arrived and I can post here as the Tennis on TV has been disrupted by the weather.

That's funny, it was sunny all afternoon at Wimbledon here….

Probably: “Too Hot” for dear old England................reference #67551(I was going to say Gordon but there’s two of them above me). Don is having bad weather down there though, so  I suspect it may be downlink problems to a satellite dish.

Dull and windy here but not as bad as expected - we got off lightly!

Perhaps I should keep schtum until it is way out of here.......

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ah, well. At least a few of us are brave enough to have a mugshot, unlike quite a lot of others.....

Not yet set off, as shortly after posting my last deathless prose on ERs, the sky fell in, thunder and torrential rain, so I decided to stop for lunch. It's all moved on now, thank goodness, but is an indication of how tricky parts of the weekend might be.

And some of us are on witness protections schemes thus making a mug shot impossible

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My picture is courtesy of Polly (Southern 42)..... 

just had my Friday fish, chips, peas and scraps...... yum yum!

have a good weekend if I don't get back to ERs.. busy weekend avoiding the Grand Depart.... some of the amateur cyclist have been crashing on the tour route...and the professionals have realised that dry stone walling is pretty hard when you drive into it...

Baz

• Like 2

Good evening all,  as I might have mentioned last night was complete ***t  weather, (storms that went on till the early hours) work c*** - which nearly caused me to write a letter of resignation... not quite as much today...I just didnt do too much. ! 

Then tonight caught site of this chap (there were three of them) on my neighbours roof. I've been hearing some really lovely bird song in the evenings, and tonight photographed the culprit! 

Trev.

post-4282-0-83699800-1404499641.jpg

post-4282-0-31606000-1404499787.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

You can see where I got my photo from.

attachicon.gifNothing like him.JPG

Would you ask this man to take 46 other offences into account?

Practice at Le Mans went well, but I didn't see all of it. TBH, I'm only really interested (I nearly said "turned on", but Sherry reads this stuff sometimes!) by cars from the early 60s round to the early '70s. So I watched Plateaux 4 & 5 and that was that. Pics will appear in due course, but for the cognoscenti among you, I have seen about 10 GT40s and a similar number of Lola T70 Mk IIIbs. Plus the Ferrari "Breadvan" - and a Porsche 917 done up to resemble the 1970 winner.  

On the way home I was following a not-very-new Citroen C5, we were doing about the legal limit - 90 kph/56 mph. Behind me an Astra and Citroen C4 came up on us at a ton of knots, and the Astra overtook me in a silly (= no visibility) place. The C4 then did the same but intended to pass the C5 as well. The Astra didn't notice and pulled back out under his wheels. The C4 hit the left side (offside, remember) verge and did a huge tank-slapper, fishtailing both ways at least twice. How he held onto it I don't know, but we all survived. Amazing.

On the way home I was following a not-very-new Citroen C5, we were doing about the legal limit - 90 kph/56 mph. Behind me an Astra and Citroen C4 came up on us at a ton of knots, and the Astra overtook me in a silly (= no visibility) place. The C4 then did the same but intended to pass the C5 as well. The Astra didn't notice and pulled back out under his wheels. The C4 hit the left side (offside, remember) verge and did a huge tank-slapper, fishtailing both ways at least twice. How he held onto it I don't know, but we all survived. Amazing.

I hope his seat covers are "washable".

Edited by Judge Dread

• RMweb Gold

I think I'm happy to have a low performance car now! Though Aditi wasn't impressed when approaching a hump back bridge recently when I yelled YEE HAW  and wondered if we could get it airborne. I was only joking. Matthew realised this and was very amused at his Mum's reaction. 

• RMweb Gold

Are Astras "Boy-Racer" cars in France as they are in UK? Driven in the main by complete, just passed their test (or have they even got a licence and insurance?), a***holes?

I used to have a red Astra GTE 16v.  :) 

• RMweb Premium

It comes as a surprise to some 3 series drivers when my little honda blasts away from them at lights - the 2.2 turbo diesel is a peach!  does this mean I am a "boy" racer????  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It comes as a surprise to some 3 series drivers when my little honda blasts away from them at lights - the 2.2 turbo diesel is a peach!  does this mean I am a "boy" racer????  

I suppose that depends if it is a Honda car, motorbike or lawnmower,