RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it's a plug for RMweb Live?

That'd be the first R-rated model railway event! I mean, couplers mate, locos negotiate curve radii measured in chains, DCC sound fitted steam locos blow off steam and drain their c o cks...

My wife went to Freehold (home of Broose!) no, not to have tea with Springsteen but rather to pick Peaches. If you haven't tasted fresh picked Peaches you really haven't er, tasted them - freaking delicious! One of the joys of living here.....

Best, Pete.

• Like 4

A relaxing weekend in the Mayenne although we've been well fed and entertained at the local Mayor's charity bash today where I managed to get Ian on the floor a couple of times ........ to dance, what else?!

All the best to Don and Jock and a good week to the workers and the rest!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Had a slight accident this afternoon, I decided on a piece of grilled fish for my evening meal. My usual practice is to cover the grill with aluminium foil (saves a lot of cleaning). When taking the piece of foil from the roll I managed to cut my finger on the edge of the roll, blood everywhere! I managed to staunch the flow and find a plaster, I now have a very sore finger and dinner was half an hour late. The cut was like a paper cut but being metal foil was deeper.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting series of pictures, it appears that the leading bogie derailed and the rear of the tram pushed the front portion to the angle at which it came to rest. An interesting selection of service vehicles as well, all in the German 'municipal orange' except the mobile crane which must have been hired in which is interesting in itself as it is on a Russian K.A.M.A.Z. chassis. A leftover from when Germany was divided into east and west perhaps.

If you haven't tasted fresh picked Peaches you really haven't er, tasted them - freaking delicious! One of the joys of living here.....

Best, Pete.

Got my own Apricot tree right outside the door... every year fresh straight from the tree... better than getting them from somewhere else!!

Motters

• Like 3

Argentière, Haute-Savoie

post-7286-0-08897600-1409532828_thumb.jpg

Original photography by Miss bb

Miss bb and her partner got back from Chamonix on Saturday. She said that she'd enjoyed it so much that she felt like a little cry when it was time to come home. I'd asked her to take a few railway pictures, so she brought a datastick over on Sunday afternoon, and I picked out one of a sturdy alpine station to show. The two of them took over 1400 pictures between them, so they've got a bit of sorting out to do, but I could put a few of the best ones on here in a few days.

• Like 14

Got my own Apricot tree right outside the door... every year fresh straight from the tree... better than getting them from somewhere else!!

Motters

Er, Ok. Except if I tried to grow Peaches in my backyard they’d all be eaten by 8 foot tall white tailed deer. We’re next door to a Reservation....

Best, Pete.

• Like 2

Morning All,

It is another grey and slightly chilly morning - although the weather is set to improve later on.

I am not sure what happened to the Summer!  Yesterday afternoon, I did some work in the garden, and that was a question of dodging the showers sudden rain storms.

Oh well - quite a lot to do today, so time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

Up.

Greetings all.

Sunny outside, but a day of 'sorting out the cupboard under the stairs' beckons...

But first, coffee.

Have a good day everyone, and lots of those photos, please, Gordon - they look very good indeed.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Off to see Sister Drac for a "fluids" donation.

Her indoors off to a Training Day so up early.

Once I have got back some weathering to do then.... Some cleaning up to do.

Good job youngest Herbert mowed the lawn yesterday as its a bit wet outside so far today.

Need to parcel her indoors up and send her to see matters when the apricots are ready...its one of the few fruits I don't like.

Have a great day and.. WHITE RABBITS

Baz

• Like 1

Argentière, Haute-Savoie

attachicon.gifArgentière.jpg

Original photography by Miss bb

Miss bb and her partner got back from Chamonix on Saturday. She said that she'd enjoyed it so much that she felt like a little cry when it was time to come home. I'd asked her to take a few railway pictures, so she brought a datastick over on Sunday afternoon, and I picked out one of a sturdy alpine station to show. The two of them took over 1400 pictures between them, so they've got a bit of sorting out to do, but I could put a few of the best ones on here in a few days.

Is that third rail electrification?

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Morning looks like a nice day.

Before we went on holiday "making the house tidy" seemed to involve dumping stuff in the garage so I would like to regain access to the model railway today. 

We had a pleasant afternoon at Enfield yesterday. I spent about an hour phoning Sky customer services for her. Had to deal with some frustrating muppetry before getting through to someone who knew exactly what needed doing so she could get Sky Asia. 

Matthew has been sending photos from Sydney, the weather there looks it does here!

Tony

morning all,cool and damp here,quiet from chesterfield to Sheffield much better than expected,we took jack to Whitby on satarday managed to see a proper steam train at pickering,ex Lambton collery engine,ill post a picture if I can figure how to?dont know how many miles me and jack must have done up and down the beach !! he slept soundly on way home,i just ached!! last run for my old citroen,15yrs old and 171300,should be going today,bit like loosing an old friend....have a good day all.

• Like 2