RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I wasn't informed that we needed some new electrical appliances before we left home. DDolfelin

One can never have enough of those! We're in the process of clearing 30 years' worth of accumulated junk from our loft, including various irons, toasters, food mixers, kettles,etc., none of which actually work - perhaps they were kept for the plugs!! Ironically, my iron has packed up and, if the forecast snow materialises overnight, I won't make it to Tesco tomorrow for a new one!

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't informed that we needed some new electrical appliances before we left home. DDolfelin

One can never have enough of those! We're in the process of clearing 30 years' worth of accumulated junk from our loft, including various irons, toasters, food mixers, kettles,etc., none of which actually work - perhaps they were kept for the plugs!! Ironically, my iron has packed up and, if the forecast snow materialises overnight, I won't make it to Tesco tomorrow for a new one!

I had what appeared to be 20 years worth of cardboard boxes for devices I'd kept in case they went during the guarantee period. The boxes clearly lasted longer than some of the irons, toasters and computers!

• RMweb Gold

In a posh plastic Harrods bag, we have years worth of instruction leaflets.

I found one for a Black & Decker Workmate.

Obviously, SWMBO didn't think a lot of my comprehension skills when she saved that.

Perhaps there are collectors of instruction leaflets or even workmate collectors who would really like your Harrods bag contents. Every now and then on Ebay empty cardboard boxes appear in the model rail section. My BiL has an original IBM PC and he tells me it is valuable. However he doesn't have the box or leaflets.

Morning All,

Quite an interesting trip to work this morning. Most of the roads were ungritted (with the exception of the Autobahn, thankfully).

I didn't have any trouble - but it is rather frustrating that some people seem to have no idea how to drive on snow.

I guess we must have around 4-5cm which isn't a huge amount, but enough to make things interesting.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

I guess we must have around 4-5cm which isn't a huge amount, but enough to make things interesting.

That's about what we're having up here at the foot of the Taunus as well. I'd better get freshened up soon - while I only have a trip to the station to do on the road, you never know what other motorists may be doing, as you pointed out.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

We haven't had any snow since yesterday evening but I suspect the clear skies overnight will have given everything a chance to freeze over. I'll find out soon enough.

We're doing quite well today. Expected 60f, mostly Sunny but another storm will pass through here tomorrow with "flooding rain and wind" and Thursday will be back to Sunny and 49f.

I can remember being in Shenfield in 1981 (I think) when a rail strike was on (one of those intermittent varieties). My Father offered to drive me to Ongar (of blessed memory) so I could get the tube. His truck was diesel and the diesel had jellied, the engine stopped after about 1 mile....Luckily there was a bus stop close by for the old 251. I stood and waited whilst three buses went passed (full of schoolkids) - it was so freaking cold that my boots stuck to the pavement - I'll always remember that. Good luck over there.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

The snow hasn't turned to rain, it has turned into more snow. The 2 ( inches of) snow has caused the local secondary schools to close but the primary school is open, although the parents who park up my road don't seem to have done so this morning.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, There was a light dusting of snow about when I first peered out of the window this morning but it has now all but gone. Only important item in the diary is the delivery of the sockets and switchgear for the shed. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Still recovering from Shopping yesterday.

Another two inches of snow on top of the frozen stuff from before.

HOWEVER, I think I detect an odd drip here and there (well documented in remote villages) so I'm hoping for a thaw.

The Supermarket yesterday gave me a book of £40 worth of vouchers for spending so much money.

This was to encourage me to return.

No chance.

Wee. About 5cm of the white stuff in the boring boring borough this morning.

Result: chaos. Total and utter chaos.

Our street is a parking lot from the high street all the way back to Plumstead. Muppets.

SouthEastern trains, one under at Slade Green, failed trains at St Johns, Lewisham, Falconwood, and Hither Green. Signalling problems at London Bridge. I got as far as Kidbrooke then stood there for an hour before they started to reverse trains back to Barnhurst. The espresso bar at Kidbrooke was doing a booming business.

The cold has chased all the mice from the nearby open areas. One darted in the front door last night while I was taking out the recycling. He was met by boB. Poor mouse.

I get another day of working from home. What a shame. B)

Morning all. Got up early to find today's job had been cancelled, so a day at home with no pay. Went back to bed! Ho-hum, the joys of being self employed...

We have about 2" here, turning to sleet as I went back to bed, but now proper snow again. Roads passable with care, so should be fine for tomorrow. I think I'll get on with my DAB rebuild project.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Horrible cold weather can go away now - I've had enough of it to be going on with now, as if it gets much worse, I will be housebound as I daren't go out on crutches in frozen snow. We've not got much, just enough to encourage everybody to use their cars, so town centre was gridlocked this morning. I had to turn out as Mrs 45156 had a problem with her lift this morning, as he was unwell (or possibly decided to have a duvet day) so I need to turn out again this afternoon to get her - so probably a trip to the supermarket as well.

Keep warm and smiling

Regards to All

Stewart