The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all. A chilly start but at least there is no frost.

I thought that I'd had a decent nights sleep but I feel like I haven't even been to bed.

An interesting day workwise which means that I don't know where I'm going to be this evening.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning one and all

Today I will be attending a meeting about a camel.  Yes, I know it was hump day yesterday.   This camel follows the concept of the horse designed by a committee but for horse read layout.  A group which I attend has agreed to build a cameo layout for a show to be held next year and at what may turn out to be well after the eleventh hour there has been an outbreak of project management.  So far, I understand, nearly everyone involved, me included, has refused to build the pointwork.  It could be a long afternoon.  Oh dear, I have made a post about m*d*ll*ng.  This is a heinous crime and I crave forgiveness.  What must you think of me?

Matters arising: Thanks to Ivan for reminding us that "calm down, dear" famously came first from Michael Winner.  Granted, but what I heard in my mind was the voice of Cameron.  It's my mind!

Warm thoughts to all in distress and recovery.  Especially camels.

Chris 

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

No frost but a fresh 3oC at 4.30 when I took The Boss to work. Cloud, outbreaks of rain and the possibility of sunny spells later are on today's menu.

Although she now only has another 10 working days to go Chris is now wishing she'd retired earlier. Guess who has delighted in saying "I told you so."  :yes:

Usual lack of muddling done yesterday because I kept playing instead. I have tweaked the H class pick ups so it now runs slowly and smoothly through my points, even the dodgy scissors crossing. Got dizzy after a while watching trains go round so then collapsed in the armchair and half watched Masterchef on the box. Also half dozed until I decided at 9.55 it was time to do the job properly and went to bed. Then laid awake for at least 2 flippin' hours then woke again at 3.00!

Shopping to be done when I collect her from work so I will have to be at my sneakiest to see what extras I can find to lob into the trolley when she's not looking. :whistle:  The cakebox containing the large cream doughnut is particularly difficult to hide. :scratchhead:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Chris,  I'm always talking about muddling or the lack of it......that's because I like to live dangerously and on the edge!  :onthequiet:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4

Morning All,

It is a chilly morning in this part of the world.  Rather damp and murky, but the temperature is a few degrees above freezing.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

A bit overcast outside but hey house!

Today is get everything ready for Warley day. I have to print and encapsulate the names of the demonstrators along with what they are doing, pack lots of items for the 1967 shop as well as getting bits ready for "my" layout (all 30' of it).

But first mugatea, despite previous information, mugatea hails from Harrogate and is a good Yorkshire brew.

C u later

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple here,

A good amount asleep in 3 pieces, however, I awoke with neck and head ache, pills now taken...

A couple of hours, then I should finish this major equipment, then it's time to go into battle with the new expences system... before starting the next system.

Very chilly driving to work but no frost..

Time to.... go see if the next measurement has settled...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Past no modelling her debiness has been on here....just a warning like.......

Baz

I would of thought the warning should be for the future :jester:

Good moaning all from the boring borough. Little of note apart from a lovely sunrise and being fecking cold out. Time to switch on the shed heater in case of frost tonight. I should bite the bullet and just get a thermostat power socket like wotz wez gotz fer the greenhouse. 

That's all folks. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 4

Good morning to one and all from a not so sunny Somerset. Looks grey outside and wouldn't be surprised to see rain, although haven't looked at the 'app' yet.

Just back from a very pleasant couple of days with friends who live in Exmouth - lovely. They enjoy their walks, and they have plenty to go at - but back to back 5 mile walks both days over rugged countryside have the lower limbs complaining just a little this morning ;-)   They'll be fine though, and would do it all again.......Didn't find (or even go looking for) the model shop in the town - nor the Nero, but doubtless it can be done again now we know our way around.....

In the meantime, I trust that everyone is well, and that you have a day which exceeds expectations....as they say.....:-)

Steve

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a slightly grey but brightening village.    I got various things done yesterday and even paid some cheques from my birthday into the building society (MY muddling fund).  I later had a phone call from the branch to say that one of the cheques wasn't signed.  I now need to WhatsApp my BiL who is in Tenerife.  I cooked a Lasagne for tea and the boss even approved of my efforts.   Then I had a good run over to Heaton Park Tramway to deliver a box of books.  I was greeted with a mugatea and spent a bit of time catching up with the folk that were there followed by a good drive back.  

Anyway the first job for today is to collect some sound equipment as I've got to set up and run the PA at the village cenotaph on Sunday.   We can't get a bugler so I've got to do the Last Post and reveille with sound files from my laptop. The stand in vicar has just asked for a 2nd microphone.   Apart from that there isn't a lot on the agenda so some muddling will, be attempted.

Regards to all

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I suspect I missed the early morning sunshine. It was clear last night to the east and murky westward. Robbie took ages to check everything in the garden before bedtime, so I had plenty of time to use the star map app on my phone.

A parcel should arrive today, this morning probably. Also I have a neighbour's car keys to hand over to a local repair garage. She was hit from behind last night while stationary waiting at a roundabout. Neighbour wasn't hurt but was somewhat shocked. She has gone to work by taxi this morning.

Hope all goes well for all today.

Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Still waiting to hear the bin lorries dawn chorus, it seems that they must alternate the round each week and start at the other end. It was turning a bit frosty last night when I put the bin bags out, clear sky and brilliant moon. A bit warmer this morning but a bit of wetness predicted. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 11

CATS!

Been having a nitemare here with cats creeping in and crapping and creeping out again.

I've tried everything from orange peel, reflective cd's and cat silhouettes, spray, Jeyes fluid ( which killed quite a bit of the lawn) anti cat sh*t pellets and over £120 on electronic cat scarers.

Three times this year we have had to clean my grandson up and yet again more cat sh*t in the chippings out of the front despite all of my measures.

It's getting to the stage I am thinking of borrowing my mates rifle I am that hacked off with it all!!!!

Sorry if you're a cat lover but we really are completely and thoroughly peed off with a capital P!

CATS!

Been having a nitemare here with cats creeping in and crapping and creeping out again.

I've tried everything from orange peel, reflective cd's and cat silhouettes, spray, Jeyes fluid ( which killed quite a bit of the lawn) anti cat sh*t pellets and over £120 on electronic cat scarers.

Three times this year we have had to clean my grandson up and yet again more cat sh*t in the chippings out of the front despite all of my measures.

It's getting to the stage I am thinking of borrowing my mates rifle I am that hacked off with it all!!!!

Sorry if you're a cat lover but we really are completely and thoroughly peed off with a capital P!

We have had success with Scoot. Its designed to repel foxes but it keeps the neighbour's cats out and our cats from climbing the fence. 

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Sure is autumnal outside. I could well do with some sunshine, which might just help get me going a bit quicker!

Chaos reigned supreme yesterday when a serious RTA, involving a HGV running over and killing a pedestrian near the city centre, was added to the considerable holdups caused by engineering works currently in progress on Eisenbahnstraße.

img_65001huyk.jpg

img_65022uuro.jpg

However, I was authorised to perform two unscheduled short workings in a row with no questions asked.

There also were three additional RTAs last night causing disruptions elsewhere, so I suppose many of or number will have breathed a prayer once they came off shift!

Now need to go looking for some caffeine. Cheers, folks…

• RMweb Premium

CATS!

Get a dog.

Whether you own a dog or not, you must appreciate the efforts of this owner trying to sell her dog.

Look at the picture of this lovable Chinese Mastiff and then read the sales pitch below.

Dog For Sale. Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed Jethro any more, as there are no more drug pushers,

thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew Jethro only by his Chinese street name, Ho Lee Schitt.

attachicon.gifUntitled attachment 00020.jpg

• Like 1

I am a cat lover.  However, I understand the problem.

Back when I was at Uni, I used to work weekends at a Garden Centre.  The best cat (fox, and badger) repellent at the time was Renardine - but while I was checking on the Internet to see if it was still available, I have now found out that it has subsequently been banned in the UK.  Therefore, my recommendation would be to either get hold of some lion poo (no - that's not a joke), or plant curry plants.

The former is more effective than the latter - but harder to come by, and lion poo stinks too!  Curry plants are fairly effective at repelling cats, and look good too.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Chris,  I'm always talking about muddling or the lack of it......that's because I like to live dangerously and on the edge!  :onthequiet:

..... and for you it's still a lot safer than actually doing any.

We got some tiger pooh last year, I think they ate it.....seriously!

I'll try Scoot, but I really am at the end of my tether and I see no reason why I should have not only to put up with it, but to spend money on it AND have to clear up the mess.

Yours very very disgruntledly.....

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It is grey. It is damp. It is cold. The cat is unimpressed by all the above and is demanding something better.

Aforesaid cat was also responsible, directly or otherwise, for Dormus interruptus on two occasions. The first was probably just his settling in to the warmest spot he could find. The second, at around 4am, had him twitching and chattering in the direction of the ceiling from which unspecified but increasingly urgent creaking noises could be heard in the otherwise still of the night.

Ah students. Been there done that. Not necessarily in a block with squeaky floorboards ;)

Awaiting correspondence today. Letters from employer, recent delay-repay and a parcel from Camborne are expected. The trains are running despite guards being on strike and a picket “line” (of one scarily large woman) at the depot gate.

Nothing else to report. Be good until I get back.

• RMweb Gold

We used to have a problem with cats and foxes using our garden for lavatorial purposes but not now. If a cat has performed in the front garden I have to make sure Robbie is on a lead as he likes a nice cat poo snack. Cats foxes and squirrels tend to avoid our garden. Neighbours without a dog get a lot of feline visitors.

Edited by Tony_S