The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

Sleep.. Lots of bit of it all afternoon,  however about 6 hours were still had over night. 

It got very hot and humid here yesterday afternoon, quite unpleasant and they are forecasting even higher today.  Though the local forecast is for just 19C However I'm told we are shopping in  Norwich this morning.  I may attack the jungle with the mower in the afternoon. 

For now 

Time for more sleep.. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ben patrolled,  it's warm out there,  just seen it was 28.2 C yesterday at Weybourne , I told you it was warm.. 

Bread to thin for BLT,  it's self destructed  this is going to get messy.. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Slept in so missed my first mugatea. Sunny here so lots to get done before it chuckinitdarn for the rest of the week. 

Have a great day!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Posted by mistake
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining here in the northwest of England, but according to the seaweed twirlers, we’ll have rain, thunder and lightning for the majority of the rest of the week. Breakfast has now been consumed and Sheila is about to get herself ready for her Zumba class. Once she’s gone, I’ll mix a second batch of waterproofing solution and once again apply to the cellar walls. After that I’ll give all the equipment a good clean before tidying up, ready for the fixing of plasterboard to the walls to commence, which will probably be on Wednesday. 

After tea tonight the plan plan is to go to Salford Quays and jump in, complete 3 laps, then return home for a beer, sounds like a plan to me!

Back later

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Muggocoffee consumed, various bits of niff naff and trivia done and now about to go and sort out delivery of Dad's mobility scooter. Later on there is a lot of writing to do so not a particularly exciting day ahead.

Have a good one everybody and commiserations for those who don't. 

Dave

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:39, Tony_S said:

I mentioned to Aditi the other day that a Mondeo is a rare sight nowadays and was immediately overtaken by two in a few minutes. 

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:45, BoD said:

A wIn for me on my premium bonds is a rare sight nowadays too.

There, that should do it.

Nope, that didn't work.

• Like 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Will finish excavating the shed today to recover the workmate. I can see it but I have to remove a lot of rubbish to be able to reach it.  A bit cooler today but still muggy and the thermometer indoors is already at 24.5 C. The replacement tea arrived just now and it is the right stuff so its just a case of decanting it into the tea caddy. Thats all for now, be back later.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

The engineers square is marked ROF, so is probably dates from around 1940 when he was seconded from the GWR to assist in sorting out the production line for 25 pounder guns at the ROF Factory,  Birchgrove.

At the end of my road - long since demolished and replaced with a housing estate.

Dave

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, penance day today, the lawns have been mowed and the edges trimmed, cars washed and vacuumed and a few other bits and bobs under direction of the boss.

Fair game really as the weekend was a mixture of model railway exhibition (Liverpool) watching sport ie tennis/football/cricket/rugby +time in the shed! Shame the weekend is over really.

Sun is shining and its very pleasant, barbecue for tea then maybe grab an hour to finish a couple of things in the shed.

Enjoy your day

• Like 16

A quick warning to those of us who haven't converted our investments into modelling tokens.  Our beloved Chancellor has seriously reduced the investment allowance before which there is a tax liability.  It was £2,000 for dividends in the last tax year.  Not sure what it is for interest received, but then in the present climate who keeps more than a few bob in cash.

Bill

• Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Just back from Specsavers 2 new pairs of port holes with anti reflective film @£228 for reading and screen use not bad the last time

I had new glasses was 6 years ago :blind:

Today has been quiet as Her has been out most of the morning she came back for lunch and gone again before I came back.

I'd better get on laters :sad_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Not sure what it is for interest received, but then in the present climate who keeps more than a few bob in cash.

Bill

Interest?

What’s that?

• Agree 11
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

I went out to get my haircut but the barber was on holiday, returning tomorrow. 

The plumber who did our boiler installation a few years ago was working over the road today and popped over to re-route an overflow pipe ( from water softener) that was now inside the garage after the garage door was moved. 

Tony

• Like 18