The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

48 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Hope you have more luck than I did. Eventually I put the studded tires with steel rims off MrsID's old Liberty at the end of the drive for the fairy removal service. 

I was actually getting a tire plugged today and asked where they would recommend trying to sell the snows. I was looking for recommendations for second-hand places. They said that they are a common size of wheel/tire, just to put them on Craigslist and they should go pretty quickly. We'll see!

• Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl inner Temple hare, 

A solid 7 hours sleep,  which is a surprise,  as it appears I've tweaked my back reaching up for the marquee top bolts. 

Today I'm off down to the sailing club for the start of the winter season,  whether or not I get involved  I don't know. 

Also I note that entries have already been received for the 3 Rivers Race 2020 30th - May 2020 which is clever as entries are not yet open .

Ben the I want out Collie is giving the hint

Time to painfully  get up.. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morni g all from a still dark and wet Charente.  The nurse has been but Beth wants to stay in bed for a little longer.  Thus a quick visit to ER's.  The market will be vusited then I mY well wander across to the shed.  I need to convert a door from left hand to right hand hinging. I made a start yesterday so have a plan of action.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

Why am I up at this time of the morning, about to sit in front of the television?

Brains in one hand and big red dragon in the other.

image.png.6c88cebeb1fded7292a6a471a9f65380.png

image.png.d2820cdc4bfeb49d895465f5ef7e1115.png

Just so there is no mucky thoughts by others at this early time

Oi, I deeply resemble that! :rolleyes:

Pah!.....Pugwash. :laugh_mini:

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Debs. said:

Oi, I deeply resemble that! :rolleyes:

Pah!.....Pugwash. :laugh_mini:

Will HH be joi ing the Scotsman and The Irishman or will our neighbours be drowning their sorrows. It could be interesting in the PMU(Bar) this morning. We wouldn't want HH to be too supercilious.

Jamie

• Like 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Will HH be joi ing the Scotsman and The Irishman or will our neighbours be drowning their sorrows. It could be interesting in the PMU(Bar) this morning. We wouldn't want HH to be too supercilious.

Jamie

And as he slinks in via the rear entrance, in the Scot and Irishman will cry in unison:

'What took you so long?'

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Why am I up at this time of the morning, about to sit in front of the television?

Brains in one hand and big red dragon in the other.

image.png.6c88cebeb1fded7292a6a471a9f65380.png

image.png.d2820cdc4bfeb49d895465f5ef7e1115.png

Just so there is no mucky thoughts by others at this early time

We were drinking Brains Red Dragon last night:drink_mini:

Good morning all. A nice sunny day here.

Yesterday we had a good day with a friends layout at the Beckenham show. A busy show aswell.

Today hoping it will be dry enough to cut the grass one more time this year.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

And as he slinks in via the rear entrance, in the Scot and Irishman will cry in unison:

'What took you so long?'

Except he walked past the pub door, paused, thought about it, and then went to drink with the Englishman.

• Like 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Just back from the SC,  where the boats moved off for a downriver short course race as there is not a lot of wind. 

We had genuine Indian curry's in Saudi as our caterers were from Kerala , monthly  curry night was very good.. ( there was one  curry on every night anyway) .

I'm off out to put up More of the marquee after a Muggacoffee. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Having removed my fingernails and fingers all the way down to the bone, I can now enjoy the next match.

Come on Japan!

The few French in the bar went rather quiet, unlike HH.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Yesterday at the Chelmsford show my friend made an unusual purchase. A box of track including two points, what was so unusual was it has a wooden base. Its 16.5mm gauge and marked Tenshodu. The box it came in which looks as if its the original has an illustration of US locomotives and stock and appears to date from the 1950's. Had a long lie in and soak in this morning and I've got things to do so I'll be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning (just) everyone 

As it’s Sunday, we had a lie in and breakfast in bed. Up now and enjoying muggertea No2 before heading outside to take advantage of the current sunshine and start sanding some shelves. This is a job that I want to do outside as I’m going to create a lot of dust! 

Enjoy the day, back later 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 15