Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

alt 0252

Now what?

Guys, you need to hold down the alt key whilst typing the numbers from the numeric keypad on the RHS of the keyboard.  Uh huh, but your I-tablet thingummybobs don't have a numeric keypad.  If so, belay everything I've typed.  Off to a slightly warmed up garage.

Bill

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Evening All

I've had a fruitless day so I wont bore you with it out all day and done nothing apart from being jumped on by a rather excited dog, the  cleaver

buqqer can now open the child gate in the house my daughter and SiL didn't believe me but saw him do it with their own eyes, I think I will take a

rain check on walking him he's getting too big and powerful for me and my bad back.

Enjoy your evening :superman:Don Feckall  :biggrin_mini2: 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

1 hour ago, bbishop said:

who also needs an umlaut.  Just type alt 0252

42 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Guys, you need to hold down the alt key whilst typing the numbers from the numeric keypad on the RHS of the keyboard.  Uh huh, but your I-tablet thingummybobs don't have a numeric keypad.  If so, belay everything I've typed.  Off to a slightly warmed up garage.

On a PC I like to use the Character Map application rather than remember Unicode HEX values for characters.

image.png.b13d27dda73853f7b56db5cbf4c332d7.png

On tablets / smart 'phones, if you hold the letter key down, a little menu will pop up with variations on the letter. (Android does this, I assume that Apple appliances do this too.)

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Bill

I was using my mobile!!

A good trip back from Leicester thrn in mk4 set from Peterborough to the Cross. Much more comfy than a Satsuma.

Now in first class in a GW Worm heading home

20191116_072413.jpg

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not a bad little show at Thundersley today, though being local most if not all of the layouts were familiar to me. After we left the show I went to check out the £10 layout. Locomotives were stalling in a couple of places and these I checked. I found that electrickery was flowing as it should do on all lines so a close examination of the 'dead spots' revealed a few bumps in the ballast. These are going to be reduced over the next few days and hopefully will solve the problem. The layout I understand is about 40-45 years old, four times the age of its new owner. He now has a second locomotive to run on the layout and hopefully it will be ready in time for the SEERS On Show exhibition on 8th Feb 2020. The layout still hasn't got a name yet, any suggestions?

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The spares to repair the tumble drier that were expected today will now arrive on Monday, which is slightly annoying as I have the blasted machine stripped in the kitchen.  Had I realised the wait would be a few days, I'd have put the covers back on to keep it tidy.

Reading these pages, I am amazed at the number of handymen on RMW who take things apart and fix them.  The few things I have tried to fix were disasters so we always call the repairman now.  Due to that cost, it is usually easier to just go out an buy a new one as by that time its probably getting old.  Now you have an updated, modern item with a guarantee.  The same with TV's especially as they seem to come out with something new fairly frequently. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6

4 hours ago, bbishop said:

the conservative evangelical wing were aiming for a power grab:

Hopefully they're not related to those over here!

On a happier note, those who have been following the saga of the decks, will be thrilled to know all is finished without any really rainy days in construction which meant finished under time and under estimate.:)

Brian.

Edited by brianusa
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Reading these pages, I am amazed at the number of handymen on RMW who take things apart and fix them.  The few things I have tried to fix were disasters so we always call the repairman now.  Due to that cost, it is usually easier to just go out an buy a new one as by that time its probably getting old.  Now you have an updated, modern item with a guarantee.  The same with TV's especially as they seem to come out with something new fairly frequently. 

New condensing dryer £249

Replacement thermostat £29

New Dapol 7mm scale class 121 £254

I wonder why I DIY?

• Like 12
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3