The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all from LBG where it is sunny and cold. The food stalls have relocated in Borough Market but the Thali stall has been found and visited for lunch. I am sure my colleagues are delighted!

The year end work drags on and on and I never seem to get a decent run at it. I am hoping to put a big dent in it this afternoon but I keep getting more and more questions.

In other news, Younger Lurker has a school entrance exam tomorrow morning and we will make another attempt to order the turkey for Christmas. I have been asked to make paella tomorrow evening and the leaves need collecting for the brown bin. So a full weekend beckons!

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mrs NHN's hand stabbing went well, I don't think our new GP learned any un-ladylike new words from her this time.

Talking of which, Stewart surely Debs was 21 when the photo was taken -- and she still is.

Rest of the day wasted running about getting tyres for both cars, having noticed that one of my cars rear tyres was not in the best of health, as in disintegrating although there was plenty of tread, evenly worn - but only one. Odd.  Mrs NHN's Citroen needed two rears which looked to be evenly used.  

Robert has reminded me I also flew in the whirlybird Heathrow-Gatwick shuttle, horrid things.  I know you can auto-rotate to land in case of engine failure but they just shouldn't fly, in the way bricks don't.

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Good Day All

Been busy had a lot of things to do as I've not been in active mode best part of the week.

The dog was at "day care" today so I'll have to wait till Monday to see how he is behaving.

I've not done anything on the house moving side today by last night I'd had a gut full this week dealing with

inert life forms called Solicitors and feckwit estate agents most of them should have been put down at birth. :banghead:

To cheer my self up I enrolled onto a dating site again see if I can find someone to share xmas day with for some stuffing. :spiteful:

Enjoy what's left of it. :superman:Needa Legover. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Happy Black Friday - or NOT! :jester::butcher:

We don't partake, rather avoid it and "shops" like the plague - having said that, I will venture in to the local hardware store to get some thermostat wire so I can wire the new/replacement Ecobee smart thermostat.

Thanksgiving here, being married to a US-origin Mrs, is generally "traditional" in that we have to appear at family gathering(s) at various times.

With Jemma out of town and Trevor obliged to join his wifes' family for the "full experience", we had ourselves a quiet day. Trevor and Meagan came over late afternoon, and we made several appetizers and drank wine in the comfort of a not to crazy place. After that we had to appear for dessert at the Mrs side of the family. Enjoyable for the most part, and certainly better than the usual frenzy.

I admit to "somewhat" partaking in the Black Friday thing, having yesterday (pre-Friday sale/already started Black Friday carp) managed to order new winter boots (real stuff, check out Sorel boots for reference), as somehow inexplicably we lost all our winter boots and some attire in the move. Was all in a box that cannot be found, suspected we accidentally placed that box in the "donate" pile. We're at present therefore lacking anything that allows us to tramp through the 9 inches we got Wednesday. Have to stay on the plowed paths for now, much to Whitneys dismay!

Helicopters - Jemma says don't trust them, anything without a REAL WING can't possibly fly, they are regulated to the domain of the bumble bee, that clearly can't fly despite observations to the contrary :)

I took several trips on the New York Airways/Pan Am helicopter service between the Pan Am/Metlife building in Manhattan and JFK, before the crash in 1977 that ended the service.

Only other chopper flight I've had was a sightseeing trip around San Francisco...

-2 first thing, expecting 1 for a high and more snow on the way 3-8 inches possible with an inch starting this afternoon, then getting somewhat more serious after midnight, so they say.

Tally ho.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, TheQ said:

The 19 item. Breakfast looks as below. 

2_Morrisons-black-fry-day.jpg

Looks mighty fine to me. Apart from the couple of Ice Hockey Pucks on top :(

19 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

.......at this point not only had I not yet completed the new offshore survival course,

The delights of the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training Course....

The rescue divers at Yeovilton seemed to have great fun blocking the exits, making you go out the hard way....

18 hours ago, Barry O said:

Helicopeters.. we hired a whirlwind from Bristows to use with a helitele to do simulated flight profiles for a missile seeker head. I had to design and  build the drive boxes for the seeker. My electrics worked fine. The whirlwind shook itself to bits..

Goodnight all!

Baz

Hatfield U-Block, by any chance?

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Our coalhouse was half coal storage and half outside lavatory. My brother and I did jump off off it until Dad built a conservatory (although it was always called a verandah) . 
Tony

Your outside loo had a conservatory?

• Funny 17

6 hours ago, Barry O said:

Why do people multiple order things on line then clog up the post office with their returns - free to them but in reality subsided by the rest of the Royal Mail users.. One lady this morning had 12 items to go back..the lady behind the counter said it would have been quicker if she had gone to the shops in town.. the answer was priceless.." never thought about that I can use my phone to order things dead easy"   yes but you keep getting the wrong size/colours/designs you prawnball!

Yeah, but there are no shops in town 'coz everyone orders on-line!

• Like 8
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Yeah, but there are no shops in town 'coz everyone orders on-line!

all the stuff she had ordered and returned were from companies who have large shops in Leeds...

PAH!!

baz

• Friendly/supportive 16