The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Decided upon a lay in this morning - which is why I am late on parade.

It looks like it is going to be another warm one here. The temperature got up to about 25°C yesterday afternoon.

Having to pay to park at the hospital always seems wrong to me - it smacks of taking advantage of the fact that people are ill.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Quite surprised to find that my wife is on holiday today. it would appear that this year the college is closed for an extra day over the Easter weekend in lieu of an a pay rise.

First task for the day however is that we will be off to the local clinic, I'm only the driver this time but my wife has her diabetes blood test.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Good morning chaps, another glorious one here today! Yesterday I was largely pretending to be a JCB and dump truck as I carted earth around in the garden in preparation for stoning another section in front of the workshop. I need to get some membrane to lay now in preparation for the ballast drop. Following this I'll be room for a table there which will allow me to take full advantage of the good weather in May and June and any day after that which is sufficiently dry! ;) Next week I have 12 days off after I finish on Thursday morning, so once this task is completed, I'll be able to turn my attention to reorganising the workshop. Mainly this will involve installing a 6' bench along one side, but the additional space created by this will be more help than you could possibly imagine - it's a nightmare of clutter out there at the moment!

But first, Abi will need her walk!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear you are a bit down today Dominik, I guess with this sort of thing there can be days that are good but also those where it can be a bit of a drag. Have you got any kind of modelling or detailing you can do to perhaps take your mind of it? Don't forget, I'm always just a PM away. smile.gif

Morning all,

Looks as if it is going to be a stonking hot day again! I'm not sure how much modelling I'm going to be able to do today because I've got some coursework to do. At least the sun is shining though!

Having to pay to park at the hospital always seems wrong to me - it smacks of taking advantage of the fact that people are ill.

In Wales hospital parking is free but at one local hospital you have to get a token, from a man in a little box, to operate the exit barrier. You are supposed to produce an appointment card which causes a problem if the appointment was made by 'phone.(What visitors are supposed to produce is not stated) Consequently the tokens are given to anyone regardless. I'm sure the NHS could save money by removing the barrier and the man in his little box.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the pair of Egyptian geese which used to live on this campus is still here – of course, this chap here may just as well be their offspring:

dsc06043a.jpg

Sure is nice to see them being still around :) .

• RMweb Premium

If you had to pay to park in a Hospital over here it would soon close...........

Ah but we get free treatment and pay for parking - many hospitals in your neck of the woods charge for treatment and give free parking - I know whch I'd prefer!

Afternoon All

Very warm here in Lancaster today again, difficult to be sure how hot, as when I got home yesterday the outside thermometer was showing 30oC but the temperature was probably about 18. Wait a day or two now, and the water board will be warning us not to water our gardens, etc....

I guess Gordon's on his way now and is poised to give the nurses a hard time - hopefully we'll hear from him over the weekend. A weird thing happened yesterday when I was thumbing through a steam album that I didn't own, and found a pic of ex Caley 123 running round at Kilmarnock - and the odd thing was that though I wasn't in the pic, I was on the platform aged 10 with my uncle watching this veteran and I saw the photo being taken.

I'll touch bases over Easter

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

"In Wales hospital parking is free"

Except in those Hospitals where they have long term contracts with 'providers'.

... and usually the Car Parks are full anyway.

I didn't know any were still charging. If they are full then they are too small but sadly multi-storey car parks are too expensive to build.

Ah but we get free treatment and pay for parking - many hospitals in your neck of the woods charge for treatment and give free parking - I know whch I'd prefer!

I'll touch bases over Easter

Regards to All

Stewart

Stewart, No such thing as a free lunch, mate!

We all pay, just in different ways....

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all - lovely evening here. I'm posting mainly because I've been on the phone to Jackie (Gordon's wife) and have good news - the op seems to have been undertaken successfully, Gordon is awake and with it. He has asked to have his laptop taken into hospital, so hopefully he will be able to tell us more later.

The bad news is they didn't give him the hair transplant - too far gone apparently.....

• Like 3

That's excellent news - thanks for the update Phil.

I wouldn't worry about the hair transplant. I used to have a customer who had had one.

Dreadful it was too, poor guy - apparently it had gone "a little wrong". Fortunately, he was able to laugh about it, which was probably a good thing.

Indeed!

Evening all. Got up a little late this morning.

Behind me on the floor is temporarily a little oval of ancient Hornby set track, with the Class 08 I won on this here corner of the internet some years ago sitting on it and whirring around a little. Just 'cos I can. :)

I seem to have quite a lot of old track lying around - both the stuff that used to be our railway when I was smaller, and for some reason a box of extremely poor condition stuff of unknown origin - I don't know where it came from.

Also tested the other two locos I have that are likely to be kept - my old Black Five appears to run, very badly. The Duchess of Atholl is worse but does shown hints of life. Perhaps a thorough service will wake them both up - but not for now. The other old stuff I have is eventually to be sold/disposed of, and as far as I know shows no sign of working at all right now.

"Fortunately, he was able to laugh about it"

Unfortunately, so was everyone else.

Great that Gordon is coming back on stream.

Don't think he'll be building sheds for a bit but the outlook is more promising - mostly the freedom from pain hopefully.

morning all!

taken 40 minutes to get this far so please excuse lack of punctuation.

op was done by 10.00 and back in recovery by 12.

anaesthetic in spine has now worn off and i feel ive been kicked by a horse. they had got me up walking by 2. so much for rest. even talk of getting me home in a few days. got to go as i keep falling asleep :-0