The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

It starting here now Stewart, you're next! ;) But I don't care because I'm off to work in an hour! :lol:

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I guess you mean the rain, Dave - It's been in Scotland all morning. I'm at work, then I'm off home to catch up on a bit of rest. As long as I get to the car at half past four, I'll be happy. It's good for the garden, and I just hope that the paint that 30747 applied to the patio doors this morning has hardened enough by the time it arrives.

And as for Lent, the only thing I ever gave up was giving things up LOL

• RMweb Gold

I'm just having a break from gardening. The patio and garden path are now really clean thanks to the new toy. I then did some pruning of the horrible Leylandii overhanging our garden. I think some of the plants are now receiving direct sunlight for the first time in years! I have been assured that the offending trees will be removed completely before the summer. (Hopefully this summer!)

Tony

When I was an in patient these were in very short supply

My last three stays in hospital all included cute young nurses. Also a fairly strict matronly character in charge of them all.

Today I was very lazy, then a few friends came over for a game of monopoly this evening. Very civilised. (I lost, of course.)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Happy Easter. May the Easter bunny lay copious amounts of eggs for you.

I didn't realise there were winners and losers in monopoly. I thought it just went on and on.

Morning All,

It looks like another nice day in the offing. Blue sky, and sunshine. At the moment, it is really rather pleasant - but I expect it will warm up later on!

Monopoly is a great game, I haven't played it for ages. It does have a tendency to go on for a long time though - unless someone plays quite bullishly and manages to bankrupt themselves.

Have a good day everyone...

"It does have a tendency to go on for a long time though - unless someone plays quite bullishly and manages to bankrupt themselves."

Is that an allegory for what has been happening in UK finances?

Lots of eggsitement to all, today.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not too sure whether it is slightly cloudy or smog haze but it is going to be another warm day here.

Lots of visitors today but probably no Easter eggs.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - very pleasant here at the moment, warm and sunny but with a very nice breeze. Apparently heavy rain showers are forecast for later on today, then the temperatures are set to drop back to the seasonal norm. I'm not really a summer person but have really welcomed the wall to wall sunshine of late - last winter just seemed never ending.

I have my tribe descending on me today, I'm doing all the cooking and entertaining, main attraction will be demonstrating my cooking skills. Anticipation levels are running high, as I managed to nearly burn the house down at Christmas whilst cooking the lunch. Everyone found this to be highly amusing, so there is a certain 'will he won't he' element to today's proceedings :blink:

Have a good one!

• RMweb Gold

The recipe we prepared (yesterday) for the family lunch required brandy igniting at one stage. My wife is always wary of this as her mother once set the table cloth alight with over enthusiastic application of brandy to a pudding.

Tony

Self inflicted computer problems today.

I tried to update it by giving it some more RAM.

This is a simple task on a Mac.angry.gif

After considerable effort, including banging my head against a brick wall, I'm back to where I started.

If I go offline for a few days, you know I'm improving it again.

Dd - does that mean you're using a PC and suffering the difficulties, or is a Mac being unusually annoying?

Happy Easter all! Enjoy your eggs today. Meant to be doing gardening etc today at Mum and Dad's. Though so far, breakfast has been eaten and Archers is being listened to first...

Happy Easter!

This morning the condensation is on the outside of the house........looks nice out but storms later, maybe. 72f today which is more like it. Frankly I like the heat and prefer it in the 80's - it helps if you have a/c though.

Have a good one everybody, America is back to work tomorrow.

Any news on Gordon's progression?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I've done all the tidying ready for visitors. I haven't done the cooking this time so that will make a change. Aditi has decided to do something from a Rick Stein cookbook. In fact two books as some relatives don't eat birds or mammals. Not sure what reptiles or amphibians are OK but something fishy for one lot and chicken for the others.

Matthew has taken Robbie out today. Matthew had an enjoyable walk yesterday as he was stopped by someone canvassing for the upcoming referendum. Poor chap probably didn't expect to find a politically aware teenager wandering around at that time of day.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Self inflicted computer problems today.

I tried to update it by giving it some more RAM.

This is a simple task on a Mac.angry.gif

After considerable effort, including banging my head against a brick wall, I'm back to where I started.

If I go offline for a few days, you know I'm improving it again.

I think Mike (sixoh...) had to use a Garfield toy to dismantle his Mac. I don't even know how much RAM there is in my PC. I shall investigate! (4GB according to Windows)

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

Chocolate bunny has been consumed (well it's head has anyway!).

I believe for tea tonight we will have Chicken Korma - my favourite cool.gif

Today I have forced myself to actually get some coursework done given the due date this week. It's so hard starting it, but once you've done 20mins it becomes more bearable.

I shall have to do a double blog entry again tonight as yesterday was filled up with shopping and visiting relatives. I did at least get some modelling clay, chinchilla dust (don't ask!), track and my trees arrived. Should be a productive afternoon once I've got this bloomin' coursework done and dusted.

Wish me luck... wink.gif

I think Mike (sixoh...) had to use a Garfield toy to dismantle his Mac. I don't even know how much RAM there is in my PC. I shall investigate! (4GB according to Windows)

Tony

I did, though that was in an attempt to replace the internal hard drive with a larger one. Adding RAM to an iMac is usually pretty simple, just two screws and a push-in RAM card.

Am I struggling on a PC?

No.

I've cleverly managed to get back to where I started on the Mac.

The new RAM I've bought doesn't want to know about my computer and it's going back.

Of course, there was a flurry of useless activity to find out about this.

It's really an effort to stave off the evil day when I have to buy a new computer.

They aren't cheap.

I sympathise Dd - Even Macs can be problematic at times.

The weather is still lovely here - hopefully it will hold out just a little longer.

I am finally getting around to that cold beer, having spent a very pleasant afternoon with a friend sipping Sekt in the sunshine. :)

Happy Easter everyone!

Morning all. I'll echo BoD and hope Gordon's just offline recuperating.

Was considering going to York for the show today but have decided to give it a miss this year despite being in Durham at the moment. Too much to do at my parents', plus I'm spent up! BoD, are you visiting York this weekend?

Discovered a pile of vegetation hidden around the side of the garage at Mum and Dad's. Must be about 8 cubic metres of trees and bushes that have been pruned and just shoved into effectively a massive compost heap blocking the way through to the sheds which need demolished. Started feeding it through a chipper yesterday but it's a slow process so I think we're going to drag it into the neighbouring field and set a bonfire instead.

• RMweb Gold

I'm off to York this morning.

Just going to have an easy drive down, browse a little then will probably drive back through the North Yorks Moors, stopping of at Hasty Bank on the way. I will try to walk up to the Wainstones if it is not too late.

I've never let being spent up stop me before. :D

It upsets my bank manager but what the hell - you can't take it with you.

I'll watch Look North later for reports of field fires.