Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Great to hear from you Gordon.

Looking forward to reports of how easy it is to chase the nurses now.

If you are heading this way Mike make sure your fog lights are working.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Good to hear all went well, Gordon – but do be sure to get as much rest as you need to recover properly :) .

I believe we'll be off by about 2 pm at the latest, so I'll just say "be back to you some time on Monday."

Have a pleasant weekend everyone, and be sure to find all those Easter eggs!

• RMweb Gold

Morning everyone!

Glad to see you are on the road to recovery Gordon. As Dominik says, get as much sleep as you need.

Well the sun is out and I'm predicting yet another gorgeous day here in sunny 'ampshire. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped on either the layout or the coursework yesterday.

So I'd best spend a few hours this morning getting on with the coursework. That way I can spend the rest of the day on the layout (fingers crossed!) smile.gif

Enjoy your weekend away Dominik and be sure to take a few photos smile.gif

Morning All,

Looks like it is going to be another hot one here. We headed into the Taunus to go walking yesterday and the temperature was up in the high 20's and the pine pollen was billowing around in great clouds. Thankfully, I am not allergic to it because it would have been miserable otherwise.

Great to hear from you Gordon!

"Fortunately, he was able to laugh about it"

Unfortunately, so was everyone else.

Exactly!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, I observed it is Good Friday does that count for observance? Looks like another stonking day weatherwise. Better walk the dog before it gets too warm.

Good to see your dongle is still working Gordon. That's one of the first things they check before they let you go home. ;)

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, Happy Easter. As Jam says it looks like another scorcher 'ere in 'ampsher (we don't do Hs down 'ere). I'm doing the family get together thing on Sunday so will have to do a big house clean up / squirrel away toys/ pretend I look after my house bit today.

I don't go back to bedlam work till the 3rd May,I'm hoping to finish laying if not wiring the trackwork for Bodge City over this time, but as enthusiasm and time don't often coincide with me, we shall see.

OOps forgot to say glad to see Gordon is back with us - hope your up and about very soon.

• RMweb Gold
Morning all, Happy Easter. As Jam says it looks like another scorcher 'ere in 'ampsher (we don't do Hs down 'ere).

Yeh, quite right! Does that make you Phil 'arding then? wink.gif

It is true though, us 'ampshire men don't often pronounce H's. My dad is always getting told off from mum for saying 'orses! laugh.gif

Well done, Gordon! Trust recovery goes well!

I've spent over 20 years living in the 'States and my accent hasn't changed one iota from my usual beautifully modulated Essex accent................................

Cheers, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

From the BBC local news

A mother of four accused of biting off her boyfriend's testicles has denied grievous bodily harm.

Maria Topp, 43, allegedly attacked Martin Douglas at his Newcastle flat at 0400 GMT on 18 February. He required emergency hospital treatment for his injuries.

Ms Topp, from Aycliffe Place, Wrekenton, Gateshead, appeared at Newcastle Crown Court for a brief hearing on Thursday to deny the charge. She was granted bail.

I mis-read the last word.

• RMweb Gold

Wot, you mean old airy ardin?

I expect Mike posted that in a Scottish accent, which means that he would have to repeat it for us Southerners to understand it.

You're not going to believe this, but right now I'm sat at home....:blink:

The surgeon came in this morning and asked how everything was. Having told him, he went on to say, I suppose you'll want to go home soon? Yes please....

When do you want to go? Today will great. We I'm happy with you, if the physio gives you the all clear, you can go and enjoy the rest of the holiday in the garden in the sun. Done deal! Into theatre around 10.00 yesterday and home before 15.00 today. Amazing!!

Needless to say, laying out on the patio enjoying the sun and the sound of trickling water...:D

• RMweb Premium
... Needless to say, laying out on the patio enjoying the sun and the sound of trickling water...:D

Don't tell me the pond has sprung a leak now or have they forgotten to remove a catheter?

Cheers

Dave