RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Had a migraine attack during yesterday's aternoon lecture, so I didn't do much of anything upon getting home, preferring to drop into bed. However, I am feeling much better now after a good night's sleep. Some coursework will be on the list for the afternoon, as will be cleaning the rabbit enclosure. Albert had managed to break out of it two nights ago somehow - I figure he must have pushed the toilet around and then jumped off from there. So much the better that we keep the living room door closed at night, else he might well have wrought havoc!

Cheers everyone...

Good Saturday morning all,

I'm purposely later logging on knowing that most of you are two hours later than me.

Again the sky is clear but the forecast is cloudy.

I sorry about your migrain Dominic, I hope today remains clear.

When will Dave be able to run his Compound on your layout BoD? but I agree if it needs to stretch it's legs then Eastwood will be the better option.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Disposition has almost returned to normal. Must have been one of those 24 or 48 hour things.

What a turnaround in the cricket Don. I watched it for a short while when Australia were 22-9 hoping that you would get that last wicket straight away.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Warm and somewhat overcast here.

I'm off to rural Essex soon to play trains. Hopefully the A12 etc will be quiet, unless of course lots of sunseekers are heading for Clacton or Frinton (other seaside towns are available ...).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, the sun is trying to break through the mist here, could be a nice day.

Call out finished, family visit today, England football on the tv later, shan't be doing a lot!

Have a good one.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, nothing exciting to report I woke in the night with cramp in my leg which was not amusing but passed. The F1 qualifying is on later as well as the England match so a bit of leaf gathering might be on the list. Having read through this post I conclude I am actually sleep writing..

Morning all,

A touch brighter here than it was yesterday, not so grey either. Had a cracking dream last night... I was walking the old S&D trackbed and came upon Evercreech Junction station completely intact with a 'For Sale' sign next to the crossing gates, by the time I'd woken up I'd moved in!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

I think a lie-in actually is a good idea, Don - so much the better for my also having a laptop :D . I'll have to write up a small bit of coursework later on, but that's quite alright.

Wishing you a pleasant Sunday, guys...

• Like 1

I'm glad to see sarcasm is still alive and well... :P

Was out yesterday with a bunch of guys from the Scalefour Society on a lathe course. It was a great refresher on all the things I learned at college 45 years ago. The teachers must have been pretty good in those days as it all stayed with me. Or maybe it was just a subject I enjoyed...

The garage clearout took much longer than expected and I found lots of bits I couldn't find before, so that was a bonus. With any luck I might actually get started today... :)

Guest Max Stafford

Booked a day off work today - to go and work on the line at Whitrope!

Well, a change is as good as a rest! I'm looking forward to some good, honest graft!

Happy Sunday all'

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

A labour of love?

I hope the weather is better over there than it is here. Where will the stretch of line eventually run between?

As you might gather from the above Don, the weather here is not good either. I'm off to an exhibition at Gateshead International stadium today. I think I'll stick to the models and won't bother with the athletics side.

Glad to see that you are still popping in Gordon. Doubly glad that you seem able to enjoy doing the things that you planned for your retirement now that your back is sorted.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, nice and bright here. Despite this, and probably because of my job, I don't feel the urge to go out of the door so, just maybe, some more work on Bodge City could be on the cards.

Yesterday went well, the G gauge Thomas was very well received and my eldest grandson Josh, just 2, proved to be surprisingly adept with the controller. Charlie, #2, found the fact that he could take the roofs of the coaches and load them up fascinating. I was amazed at the length of their attention span with it, and it has made me doubly determined to get the brass track and make a small layout in the garden for them.

Have a good one.

Lovely here in East Suffolk, blue skies with light cloud and a gentle breeze.

Better than yesterday, even then I was able to set up one of the new portable baseboards in the garden, to check the correct location for the control panel and lighting gantry support. No such opportunities today, with guests for lunch and then a F1 Grand Prix to catch up with.

• RMweb Gold

Very sunny here and rather warm. We are off to see MiL today. Aditi had cooked a load of Indian food to take over for lunch but her Mum then asked for quiche and salad. The Indian food has been packaged as frozen ready meals so she has something to eat during the week if her back pain prevents her cooking.

I had a nice day at the model railroad club yesterday, though it did show signs of being a model railway at one point as a Hall loco and Hawksworth coaches were going round.

Tony