RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

I once went to Exeter's show, which was in a livestock auction market. And yes, they had cleaned the floor first! Plenty of space and light. We had lunch there and thought it was much better than many shows' food, nothing very exotic or sophisticated but decent ingredients, cooked well and at a good price. 

Agreed , plenty of choice and too .

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Refreshments at our show ate provided by the School. Nice food (very good breakfasts) at a reasonable price.

Alas, due to building work, our show has been cancelled for this year.

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 19

4 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

On jabs, the government here is taking a laid back approach , and is only encouraging the elderly and those with health conditions to go for boosters. It contrasts with the initial vaccine roll out which was a  de-facto mandatory requirement  (technically it wasn't mandatory but you couldn't go to school, work, shopping,  eat out or do anything which entailed leaving the home without a vaccine certificate) and first booster campaign which was pushed very hard. 

Here too, I haven't heard "COVID booster" uttered by anyone from the PM down in the last 12 months. They handed out free flu shots when winter began but that's about it. I think I had one booster about 18 months ago but nothing since.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

£130 is $247 AUD.

So........ the train fare from Norfolk(?) to Birmingham (wherever that is!) is around 10% of the cost of flying in a plane using the "Best" deal airfare all the way from the far bit of Australia to Birmingham (wherever that is!) 

Your trains must therefore obviously be be very luxurious and posh.

🤣 

• Like 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Bu99er!

Every year I promise the ute  "THIS year we'll go to the Deniliquin Ute Muster together". And every year I forget when its on. 

Turns out this year it was this weekend, and I've let the ute down yet again. Its never been west of the Blue Mountains. Its a  great big country yet it's seen barely any of it.

Meanwhile every year, like ANZAC veterans,   Aussie  V8 ute numbers get fewer and fewer,  their places taken by dual-cab Asians and fat-ar5e US pickups. 

Next year for sure!      though I'm kind of glad I missed this year because here's an extract from the Guardians man on the spot:

Police are calling for information from the public after emergency services were called to a campsite area at the  Ute Festival at the small NSW town of Deniliquin, near the Victorian border, after reports a man had caught fire at about 6.40pm on Saturday.

How do you just catch fire??   That could have been me!

Anyway, here's a pic of this years frivolities from the same Guardian bloke . As you can see, its just like a model train show but with utes .

image.png.1f2bd573fe433d85f6991844bb062bfd.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 15

3 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

That's an absolute bargain, Mate.

image.png.2bf86004debbeda3794f9e98d90bdce2.png

But at least you could claim it against business taxes...

Thats $25,000AUD. Think I'd rather supercharge the ute then drive there! (or would  that ULIZ thingy be an issue?)

• Like 7
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

Thats $25,000AUD. Think I'd rather supercharge the ute then drive there! (or would  that ULIZ thingy be an issue?)

The eye candy on Singapore Airlines helps dull the pain of the ticket price......🤪

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

18 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I find the quality of catering at model railway exhibitions to be frankly unacceptable, I can't remember how many times I've asked for something as simple as an ortolon and foie gras banh mi baguette, to be served with an organic quinoa and goji berry salad and been met with a blank stare. No wonder they're losing customers.

Yep, it's really shocking how they neglect and ignore minority customers. As a practicing cannibal, when I say I want "finger food", I mean I really want finger food

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

She's doing the pre-flight safety brief.

"You's all f###en  listening?! 

Alright if there's a   f####en  crash then we're all   f##'en f####ed anyways, so you's can all just f##en do whatever  you's  want.

Thank you for choosing to fly Qantas".

So she does work for Singapore Airlines! My wife has a good friend who works for them, when some dirty old man was ogling her on the MRT I believe she made a polite request - 'oi, creep, why don't you **** off and stare at something  else'. It was nice to know that they apply the attitude that has made Singapore Airlines a byword for quality even in private life. 

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Yep, it's really shocking how they neglect and ignore minority customers. As a practicing cannibal, when I say I want "finger food", I mean I really want finger food

But fingers are so crunchy!

And can be washed down with a sourtoe cocktail...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Hotel

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 9

21 hours ago, DaveF said:

Today has gone quite well, it was harvest festival at church and the young people did a short play about Noah, I'm not sure about the link with harvest but they did it well.  

Perhaps this?

Genesis 8.22 New International Version
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”

Part of God's promise following Noah's sacrifices after the flood (I think)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 8