The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. What with all the kerfuffle over getting the bin emptied I never got round to getting things moving re. the new car so I will have to start on that first thing in the morning. All things being equal I should have it by the weekend.

If you haven’t bought a car recently paying for them is different now. No cash, no bankers draft. Bank transfer or debit card. After a credit card deposit. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

If you haven’t bought a car recently paying for them is different now. No cash, no bankers draft. Bank transfer or debit card. After a credit card deposit. 

The dealer will accept both debit and credit cards.

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Our vet will let us know when it's time and we will euthanise both of them at home - surrounded by familiar things and with the people they love and trust.

Even though Hovis is only five years old this is something that has given me much to think about. 
Does the vet really know how much your pet is suffering? I think the vet may give his advice but only you really know your pet .With Hovis it’s ultimately my decision.

Perhaps we’ll be lucky and wake up one morning to find our pet has moved on to pet heaven.

Edited by Erichill16
Re wording
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

I think vets are well versed at reading the owners alongside the condition of the animal.  Afterall it is we who speak the vets language and they then have to interpret the pets' symptoms.

• Like 8
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. And yet another good night last night, 7 hours altogether with only one call out from bladder control and not a lot from Arthur Itis either. Better get on as I have to sort out the insurance for the new car. I hope to settle things and get mobile tomorrow afternoon but first there is a parcel due to be delivered tomorrow morning. The parcel contains the contents of my Hatton's locker which I have now cleared. Hatton's have donated  some things to various transport museums and by what remains advertised for sale their warehouse must be almost empty.

• Like 17
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2