RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all

Grey,misty and damp here again. Long day ahead with taking Mrs A to hospital for minor op, hopefully she should be allowed back late this afternoon all being well then I will have to get into nursing mode for a couple of days while she recovers. Oh and I'll make sure I take that big book with me to read.

As for suits I got rid of three when I retired and just kept the one, in fact when we downsized I got rid of a lot of clothes but not as many as Mrs A - she found that hard I can tell you.

I'll be 58 soon but I stopped counting days and weeks ages ago, it'll happen when it happens. Take life as it comes is my motto.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Very overcast today, so utterly dreary if still, dry and mild, at least. I am off to neighbour Sheena in a bit over an hour, as her butcher is cutting up this year's lambs, and I can fill my freezer. Prices are average - but the meat couldn't be more local! Only problem is I also end up with a handful of large joints - not as useful for a couple, let alone a singleton!

I kept one formal suit when I retired. Bought it in the Paris sales in 2003 for about £200, but saw the same label in the Champs Elysees selling for nearly £1000, so obviously last year's stock drops a lot! Black tie came in sadly handy recently, of course.

• Like 3

I wonder how many of us are storing suits that no longer fit?

Me... I still have a suit I got 14 years ago and only wore about 3 times before I outgrew it laterally. I still hope I might slim down into it. I can get the jacket fastened, but the trousers... nope!

Aberdare, good luck to Mrs A.

Morning all. Grey but currently dry here. Off to a 10am meeting so I'd best get a move on!

• Like 2

Morning All,

It's stupid O'Clock here in San Diego, but I can't sleep, so on to RMWeb for a little bit. I'm flying home today but I'm being routed through Dallas as opposed to the direct San Diego - London flight. I get home to Basel tomorrow (Thursday) evening, a long trip, but not as long as an Aussie I met at the conference who flew non-stop Sydney - San Francisco, or the health authority representative from Nigeria (Nigeria - Germany - USA). My regular hops to London pale in comparison.

Fortunately, I have Friday off when I get home - which means that I can both get over the trip and start on the Oldbury Road building

No news about Jordi, he'll have his scan today but as I'm traveling I won't know anything till I get home

..., and I can fill my freezer. Prices are average - but the meat couldn't be more local! Only problem is I also end up with a handful of large joints - not as useful for a couple, let alone a singleton!.

There's an old ditty that goes Roast on Sunday, Cold on Monday, Rissoles on Tuesday, Curry on Wednesday, Soup on Thursday, Fish on Friday" or summat like that (does anyone know the original and who it was by?).

If you don't have a huge appetite and can cook a bit, a joint is an extremely economical way to feed yourself for a week.

It's a pity you can't get Beef as well

When mighty Roast Beef was the Englishman's food,

It ennobled our brains and enriched our blood.

Our soldiers were brave and our courtiers were good

Oh! the Roast Beef of old England,

And old English Roast Beef!

But since we have learnt from all-vapouring France

To eat their ragouts as well as to dance,

We're fed up with nothing but vain complaisance

Oh! the Roast Beef of Old England,

And old English Roast Beef!

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Another late good morning from me ,

weather , just like yesterday , things done and to do , just like yesterday , my desire to achieve the

previous , just like yesterday . Roll on tomorrow .

Best wish's to those that are under par , get well soon .

Ta ta for now .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

12.5 kg of lamb later, the outside freezer looks a bit better stuffed. Cost 68 euros, and includes chops, small and large joints as well as stuff for stewing. The butcher is a charming man, who clearly has no problem working for the Anglais. I note iD's easy-guide to making the most of a joint!

Day lifting slightly, saw a brief outline of the sun, but only brief. Very still.

• Like 1

The one thing that has struck me about all these film clips of JS is how he related to young girls (and boys) on Jim'll Fix It. Bloomin' obvious now, but at the time I never gave it a second thought...

Funny you should say that Gordon - I obviously remember Jim'll Fix It as a Kid, but I very rarely watched it. Something about JS made me uncomfortable.

When I was with Decca in London at 16 they sent me to see Lionel Bart at his place in Chelsea - they did warn me however and told me what to do if he tried anything (nothing but I was never a "pretty" boy)......

Best, Pete.

Mrs S has just got back from walking our dogs and some little oik has nicked her both her number plates. We reported it to the Police who told us this is quite common as they then use the false plates to buy petrol.

Couldn't bloomin' believe it and of course we've got all the hassle or getting new plates made. There really are some scumbags out there.... :angry:

• RMweb Premium

Mrs S has just got back from walking our dogs and some little oik has nicked her both her number plates. We reported it to the Police who told us this is quite common as they then use the false plates to buy petrol.

Couldn't bloomin' believe it and of course we've got all the hassle or getting new plates made. There really are some scumbags out there.... :angry:

As in refuelling without paying, I guess... Sure is good that you reported the matter, lest whatever numpties did this should indeed do something untoward and would leave you with the hassle of proving you were not involved!

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Everything went well today at the Barbican. Aditi was definitely the shortest new Doctor there! Aditi had her official photo (with the floppy doctor's hat, I think that was the only reason she went!), and bought a t-shirt and a mug. We went for a meal afterwards but had a job finding the restaurant. Crossrail works seem to have modified streets round the Barbican.

I made the mistake of wearing new shoes and was really hobbling when we returned on the tube. I must have looked bad as people offered me seats. I bravely but politely declined as it was walking that hurt not standing! A pair of boots were comfortable enough to wear when we took Robbie for a walk.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

In recent days, Albert's making a habit of immediately having a few minutes of shut-eye after having dinner:

paeuschenrxldb.jpg

Trude's munching on some celery as I'm typing this and will most likely curl back up in due course once she'll be done!

Well, G, at least they didn't take the car attached to the plates, that's something.....

Best, Pete.