RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Didn't they have a reputation of being able to pass anything bar a fuel station?

The odd MOT now and again Mick...!

I've had three Rover V8s now, usually I tended not to worry about the fuel consumption too much, apart from on longer trips like London and back for Sweeney related meets, which often included extra driving round town and out towards Middlesex and Berkshire occasionally, looking for old filming locations etc. I did have to top up the tank on the way home on those sort of trips though!

The odd MOT now and again Mick...!

I've had three Rover V8s now, usually I tended not to worry about the fuel consumption too much, apart from on longer trips like London and back for Sweeney related meets, which often included extra driving round town and out towards Middlesex and Berkshire occasionally, looking for old filming locations etc. I did have to top up the tank on the way home on those sort of trips though!

That's only because a Mr Thaw impersonator was in the back saying words to the effect of "come on Dave, take your foot off the brake now. There's a good chap". Sweeney - a decent British cop show that is still hard to beat and the Thaw / Waterman combination worked well.

BTW - nearly 10cm has landed since 11am here and it is still coming down.

Edited by Gruffalo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dad worked at "the Rover" as it seemed to be known in Birmingham for many years and always wanted one. After years of Fords and Vauxhalls (with a couple of years of Fiat) he did purchase (as his last car) an 820. It may not have been a classic and was prone to knobs dropping off but he did like it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, Rover P6.  Easy to spot if it's a 2000, 2200 or 3500 - if it's moving, it's a 3500.  If it's broken down, it'll be a little one!

I love P5B's personally, but as the garage is full of bikes it would have to live outside, and that wouldn't really be a good idea nowadays.  I keep being tempted though....

• Like 3

Birds have consumed 1Kg of sunflower seeds since this morning.

Also 5 'fatballs', several slices of bread, 2 tins of pate which were past their use by date and some dried fruit.

More replenished now but it's like having another family to stay.

• Like 5

Birds have consumed 1Kg of sunflower seeds since this morning.

Also 5 'fatballs', several slices of bread, 2 tins of pate which were past their use by date and some dried fruit.

:O Dear Lord!!!!!........They wont be able to take off. :mosking:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I suppose I should go out and refill the bird feeders. I did intend to do it after I returned from the shopping trip to the pet shop. I had to get a new dog tag for Robbie as his dropped off yesterday (hole in disc failure) and Robbie was a bit unhelpful while I was trying to attach the disc. In the end I gave up and removed his collar to fit the tag. 

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Snow is blowing from one direction at the back (south east), from another at the front (south west).  That's  North West Wales for you.

The back - that's where our front door is.

The front - that's where the back door is.

That's North West Wales for you.

Keep safe.  And if you've got summer you might like the first smiley....

warm.gif   chill.gif  winter.gif

• Like 2

Ah, Rover P6.  Easy to spot if it's a 2000, 2200 or 3500 - if it's moving, it's a 3500.  If it's broken down, it'll be a little one!

I love P5B's personally, but as the garage is full of bikes it would have to live outside, and that wouldn't really be a good idea nowadays.  I keep being tempted though....

My P5B Coupe had to live on the drive and suffered for it by the time I came to sell it - unfortunately it was too wide to get down the side of the house into the garage behind the kitchen so it sat through two Winters outside. The door bottoms were decidely 'lumpy' the day it went away with it's new owner! The next one will reside in a new garage, fingers crossed.

Incidentally, a couple of days ago I drove a mates six year old Freelander 2.2 diesel for the first time and blow me it felt like a 'modern P5B'...!

Still snowing here and showing no signs of abating....

Edit : loving the pet photos - keep 'em coming!

Edited by Rugd1022

• RMweb Gold

I have received spam from, supposedly, Barcays and I was just about to hit the delete button when I noticed the sign off at the bottom. Priceless.

Honestly, BARCLAYS Security Department.

• Like 2

Worst bit is that the Sky Dish is covered in snow so no reception. Luckily we still have the terrestrial aerial!

Yes I wonder about progress, sometimes, or is it simply that everything comes round again ?   Back in the 50s, we suffered TV reception problems for many reasons. Now with both digital aerial and satellite dish, either or both go down when rain or snow arrives. :scratchhead:

Hey ho, it started snowing again around lunchtime and looks as if it could be here to stay.

• RMweb Gold

Fair bit of snow here but I made it to the Registry office driving nice and carefully. Someone took the bad corner (with the wrong camber) near Merstone and their MPV now forms part of the fence. As I was out I called into Morrisons for some essentials like a large apple pie, small small individual winterberry pies and fruit tartlets, some sprouts for Marion and rather letting the side down some tins of soup.Also picked up more mealworms for the birds. Holly and Monty have loved the snow. No piccies as I don't want to ruin the camera and the small IXUS 500 has packed up ( display etc all work but no image when trying to take a picture).

I did consider taking the bus but the no8 our bus has two stuck at Arretton these cleared but three stuck at Bembridge so they gave up for a bit. Normally the bus does a detour round Winsford but has stuck to the main road today they dont like 'Hairpin Bend' (the stop is known by that name). Oh and the no 3 struck a wall in Wroxall. Not been their day today. I believe they may have automatic transmission not helpful in snow.

Don

ps our dish seems fine. One benefit of a bungalow I could just walk up to it a brush it clear if there was a problem.

Edited by Donw
  • Like 2

Yes I wonder about progress, sometimes, or is it simply that everything comes round again ?   Back in the 50s, we suffered TV reception problems for many reasons. Now with both digital aerial and satellite dish, either or both go down when rain or snow arrives. :scratchhead:

Bob,

Came back about lunchtime thank goodness ;)

Hasn't snowed all afternoon but we can expect more tonight apparently!

Dave

• RMweb Gold

It has been snowing on and off most of the day - with very little effect. The lawns still look much more green than white, and the road, which is rural and lacks a white line, is by no means treacherous, so 40 mph was a comfy speed to visit the horses, 2 km away.

• Like 1

Beautiful day here = not a cloud in the sky but at 2:00pm it's only 28f -1C with a stiff breeze.

I just went outside though and standing in the Sun - there was a nice warmth felt on my face.

It's been 29 days since the Sun was at its lowest in the sky nearly one month gone out of the six months until it is at its peak - so definitely better. We're at 41 degrees north and are now getting a close as damn it to ten hours of daylight. Sunset is at 4:59 today. I've noticed though that the coldest days here are the last week of January, first week of February  - but it warms very quickly thereafter.  We'll be lucky to reach zero as a high on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I have just had a Facebook message from our local cinema

Parents, fans of the cinema?
Why don't you come with your baby and catch our Parent & Baby film which is Les Miserables.

• Like 3