The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Our HP does everything device has wireless, bluetooth and ethernet. As it sits next to the 8 port ethernet switch I wired it.

Found this about yours from Amazon

The PIXMA MG6150 has a fast, 150 Mbps built in wireless connection, so multiple people can print to it, wherever they are in the house whenever they want – even if it is stored out of sight. You can also print photos and documents directly from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad simply by downloading the Canon Easy-Photo Print App from the AppStore which links straight to the printer by Wi-Fi. Alternatively, if you have a PlayStation 3, you can even view and print your photos from your widescreen TV. Android devices can also remotely print via the Wi-Fi connection.

An Ethernet connection means that the MG6150 can be easily connected to a home or office network for everyone to share in the PIXMA quality.

Do you already have a wireless router (homehub perhaps)? Finding networkable printers is easy peasy with Windows 7 but I'm sure someone will advise on the Mac equivalent.

Ploughing my way through 2 days' of posts but thanks for that Tony - I have a Canon MP640 printer/scanner/copier and have downloaded the iPhone app.

• RMweb Gold

Ploughing my way through 2 days' of posts but thanks for that Tony - I have a Canon MP640 printer/scanner/copier and have downloaded the iPhone app.

Glad to be of help, now if only someone could find me a throttle app so I could drive my trains from a Blackberry.....

Tony

Glad to be of help, now if only someone could find me a throttle app so I could drive my trains from a Blackberry.....

Tony

It's coming Tony. I spoke to the Hornby rep in November and he wouldn't confirm or deny that Hornby was working on a smartphone app for driving model trains...

• RMweb Premium
... Very few holes in one I imagine.

Thankfully I have no holes in any of my balls! Mind you it is disconcerting when they freeze to the putting surface. :O

Cheers

Dave (Fetching coat, scarf and gloves)

Edited by eldavo

• RMweb Gold

It's coming Tony. I spoke to the Hornby rep in November and he wouldn't confirm or deny that Hornby was working on a smartphone app for driving model trains...

There already are for iPhones and Android. Perhaps the Blackberry is too out on the rim for this sort of app. I might get an an iPod Touch which is another wireless throttle possibility for me.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

This ballsy discussion you're having gave me a good chuckle, guys... :sarcastichand: In any case, I sure wouldn't want to play any golf right now, as it's below -3°C as I'm typing this. I'll need to get out in time to defrost the car. Thankfully, I feel a lot more relaxed now that I got that report handed in.

I was also informed that the Voith Maxima model I pre-ordered many moons ago is now available...just at the right time to reward me for the effort :D . I expect to have it here by the weekend.

Cheers everyone!

Morning all, No frost problems here (around 21c at the moment!). The strike has been called off, so it's back to work, and a trawl round each of the sites. (well three of them today, 2 tomorrow) .

So enjoy yours day, and dont get your round bits frozen to the golf course..................

Trev.

Morning All,

It's bloomin' cold here too - I saw -6°C on the car thermometer on the way to work this morning.

The Voith Maxima - now there's a nice locomotive. A proper European diesel. I see them from time to time chugging their way through my local station on heavy freights.

Have a good day everyone...

Yeah, I snapped one of these at Bischofsheim last autumn, actually! I seem to remember Stock Transport, who have two or three Maximas, are, in fact, based in Mainz.

I didn't know that Dominik. Stick the picture up if you get a chance.

A dusting of frost here in the middle of England. School-run/commute tie-in has given me a wee chance to place a cheeky internet order in the extra 30 minutes available, and to grab an extra coffee in the Death or Glory mug!

Morning all, have a great Tuesday!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

i should imagine England may be asking Geoffrey to pad up.

Quite frosty here -5C.

We are going to London today. Aditi has her doctoral viva exam this afternoon. I'll meet her after the event!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Warmed up a little this morning - was hovering at minus 3 this morning, but in town no iced up cars, and it was not quite as sharp.

Forecast is for back to dreich over the next few days with more strong winds - oh joy!

Tony - hope all goes well for Aditi today. I'm sure she'll get on fine, and you can relax later over a coffee (or stronger).

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant.

And quite appropriate in a sense! :lol:

I didn't know that Dominik. Stick the picture up if you get a chance.

Here you go:

dsc06731ql.jpg

Oh, and Tony - crossing my fingers for Aditi's exam! :)

• Like 1

Good morning all. Temperaturs in the 30s by day and mid 20s overnight.

I seem to have found the right balance of warmth/coolness nightwear/covering overnight and thus has a good night's sleep

Have a good one everyone.

Loved the 'translation' of voith maxima. Good one :P