G.W.R. Wagons before 1948 Vol.2

pharrc20

I've just received my copy of the new book from Cheona Publications, G.W.R. Wagons before 1948 Vol.2 (RIP No. 17) by R. Tourret. Unlike the previous Railways in Profile books in the range, the price has gone up a pound on this book to ??10.95, which is the first price increase in a good while.

A quick look at the book shows a good range of mono and colour photos, the mono prints coming mainly from the HMRS archives but a good selection all round. I'm sure the book will be in stock in shops like Ian Allan soon or if you prefer direct from Cheona themselves.

Cheers Paul

post-6706-12573735146093_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I've just received my copy of the new book from Cheona Publications, G.W.R. Wagons before 1948 Vol.2 (RIP No. 17) by R. Tourret. Unlike the previous Railways in Profile books in the range, the price has gone up a pound on this book to ??10.95, which is the first price increase in a good while.

A quick look at the book shows a good range of mono and colour photos, the mono prints coming mainly from the HMRS archives but a good selection all round. I'm sure the book will be in stock in shops like Ian Allan soon or if you prefer direct from Cheona themselves.

Cheers Paul

post-6706-12573735146093_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Paul.Thats another to add to my book wants list.Are there any photos of S8/9 bloaters in it ?

Thanks for the heads up Paul.Thats another to add to my book wants list.Are there any photos of S8/9 bloaters in it ?

Hi Robin

Yes there are a couple of shots of S9 vans in the book, but we have not got any of the S8 in it. I had to cut out some of the shots due to not enough room. I may ask Rick Tourret about doing a third book next year.

Peter

Thanks for this Paul smile.gif

I've got the Atkins Beard & Tourett tome on GWR wagons. How does this one add to that would you say - presumably it has additional photos?

There may be slight duplication of the older photos between the two books but I don't think the colour photos will have been published before.

And the website is in the process of being updated.

Archived