Warren Lane

bugs bunny

Prototype for everything here on the real railway Alan:

DRS loco in Fastline livery, hired out to Freightliner!!

IMG_1054.jpg

Next day, another DRS hired in loco:

IMG_1057.jpg

A recent contract has seen several of these 30 foot containers passing through Lawley Street:

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Jez

Hi Guys

Many thanks for all your posts

They really are Superb pictures....much appreciated I never get tired of looking at Crane's Engines or Containers

I visited Maritime's Tilbury Railport, this is a site I have worked at ( installing two way radios into reach stackers)

but yesterday I had to make do with taking pictures through the security fence :(

I did get 66413 which I guess will be on Mondays 4M71

post-9929-0-01660200-1305467249_thumb.jpg

and the first container on 4M71 (sugarliner)

post-9929-0-64923500-1305467224_thumb.jpg

Checking Ebay this morning I noticed a Heljan Container crane for sale.........but the seller was dyserthroad

If this is Nick Gurney does this mean no more Holland Park.........I hope not, I really wanted to see his inspirational layout in the flesh

Thanks for the great photos, guys! I really enjoy looking at the prototype in the England but get so little chance to even when i'm over. I'm always on such a tight schedule and being passed from pillar to post...............

Many thanks, Pete.

Just had a read of the article in Model Rail, its all good.. As are the great pictures. Well done "Warren Lane" team...

latest prototype pictures on here are good too, heres hoping the fastline 66 visits Southampton maritime!!

Cheers

Scott

Just had a read of the article in Model Rail, its all good.. As are the great pictures. Well done "Warren Lane" team...

latest prototype pictures on here are good too, heres hoping the fastline 66 visits Southampton maritime!!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott

I haven't seen the article yet hopefully our local W H Smiths will have one tomorrow.

Chris Nevards pictures are superb, I've got Hi Res copies that I hope to be able to use on the web Site

66303 is still about seen at Trafford park yesterday, so cross fingers you could be in luck.

Kind regards Alan

Good news Alan, spotted 66303 at Southampton maritime this morning. Deep Joy!

Hope you have managed to see your article by now... even my steam loving freak friends said it was impressive! :laugh:

Heres hoping you get the thumbs up to show a few more of the pictures on here.

Cheers

Scott

Well done on the MR article, a great read. Espc like the scrape marks along the side of the container stacker, very well thought of.

All the best

Leon.

Yes that looked very effective. I also liked the use of Lego wheels too!! I can see some of my lads lego going missing in the future!!

Cav

Good news Alan, spotted 66303 at Southampton maritime this morning. Deep Joy!

Hope you have managed to see your article by now... even my steam loving freak friends said it was impressive! :laugh:

Heres hoping you get the thumbs up to show a few more of the pictures on here.

Cheers

Scott

Hi scott

66303 well done :yahoo:

I was at Bury St Edmonds show yesterday with Mick's Twin Falls, and a trader had a secondhand Fastline 66 with sound....price £185 :O I didn't get it.

Maggie got 4 copies of Model Rail :D Really pleased with the article and Pictures

I just want to thank everybody for the kind comments

Warren Lane really is a product of info gained from RMWeb, So a big thank you for all the members who post and share their knowledge

Many many Thanks Alan Maggie and Mick

I just want to thank everybody for the kind comments

Warren Lane really is a product of info gained from RMWeb, So a big thank you for all the members who post and share their knowledge

And thank you for showing us what can be done in a fairly short time. You certainly given me a few idea's.

Pete

Another good picture Alan, although 301 is the only one I've seen before, so I wouldnt be a kop for me unfortunately. Heading out to my garage later to rearrange the layout, cant afford the cranes but I can try and represent some kind of container distribution layout. Ive got the bug!

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Gold

If this is Nick Gurney does this mean no more Holland Park.........I hope not, I really wanted to see his inspirational layout in the flesh

I think it may be from Holland Park as I heard he wasn't showing it again and his layout site is gone. Sad if it is the case as it is a superb model.

Yeah I was trying to view his site too... it is a shame as dyserth road and Holland park were two layouts that I always wanted to see but never did. I even bid on Dyserth road when it went on ebay. Missed out by a few quid!! Have to look out for Holland Park now, it might just fit in the garage. lol

Model Rail has got some of our show dates wrong

these are our confirmed dates... we may add others ;)

Exhibition Calendar

4/5 June Firepower Royal Artillery Museum Woolwich

24 Sept Whitewebbs Transport Museum Enfield

1/2 Oct West Essex Modelrail (Ilford & West Essex)

30 Oct Colchester and District Model Railway Club

14/15 April Trainwest

2/3 June DEMU Showcase

16/17 June Wigan

Great article, fantastic pics!

According to the 'Big Picture' page you will be at Model Rail Live on September 17/18 but no mention of it in the article or on your list. Will you be there?

Great article, fantastic pics!

According to the 'Big Picture' page you will be at Model Rail Live on September 17/18 but no mention of it in the article or on your list. Will you be there?

We were provisionally invited, but I have had no firm confirmation yet .....So to be honest I don't know :dontknow:

Archived