Warren Lane

bugs bunny

It's gotta be a very cool job. Maybe not good for people with height problems.

You got something against short people Phil? They can do everything us normal folk can plus be extra's in Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs during panto season......... ;)

Keeping on topic, the freightliner 40ft had it's red touched up and some graffiti added too. This one is still a work in progress but it's getting there. I'm not going to go overboard with the graffiti on containers, but i had to add this one because of the content (one for the kids!) plus the colours complement the box nicely.

post-9147-0-36868600-1377467088_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-16874700-1377467101_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Maybe he's Randy Newton in disguise?

:D

Containers are looking great!

Original quote was meant to read....

It's gotta be a very cool job. Maybe not good for people with fear of height problems.

As it now does read.

More progress. First up a cheeky shot with most, but not all, of the boxes that have received some attention over the weekend, and not a tiger outfit in sight:

post-9147-0-07346300-1377554454_thumb.jpg

Starting with the box i know you're all so excited to see (4 more votes needed before a lucky person can win one, come on people!) and having taken my man-up pills yesterday and learning from guru Alan, i had a go at the full body side transfer for Mobil-Trans:

post-9147-0-02823500-1377554395_thumb.jpg

Not happy with the back-ground of fish food packets used for containers yesterday, i had re-take earlier with a different back-ground. Here's a couple of different angles of the completed box (you could win one just like it, just get the few more votes in!)

post-9147-0-56259200-1377554419_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-15382700-1377554431_thumb.jpg

Moving on, after finding out that my first Tropical attempt was wrong (it was on a standard height 40, it should have been a high-cube). A couple more attempts have been completed with box numbers and better end details. Hopefully someone can prove one of these boxes actually made it to the UK, but 'Lincoln' the giraffe-nosed-catfish approves.

post-9147-0-61775300-1377554406_thumb.jpg

And finally for tonight, the completed ###### Fang collection......correction, 'D.o.n.g Fang'....

40ft, 40ft HC, and 20ft. These truely are stunning, Alan has done amazing work on these and i really can't thank him enough.

post-9147-0-61301700-1377554442_thumb.jpg

More to follow another day, thanks for listening :)

• RMweb Premium

I like the new background scene for the shots. The monster fish trying to consume the containers is a nice touch.

The containers look great. The Mobil trans isn't quite as bright as I expected.

The don g fang containers look good too. Haven't spotted one yet. Did see a 45ft nym logistics on m25 yesterday though.

Crane needs a paint into freightliner colours matt

Couldn't agree more! Still unsure as to the long term plan for the crane but the first job will be some more suitably sized wheel sets to run on then it'll need a good paint to match everything up.

I like the new background scene for the shots. The monster fish trying to consume the containers is a nice touch.

The containers look great. The Mobil trans isn't quite as bright as I expected.

The don g fang containers look good too. Haven't spotted one yet. Did see a 45ft nym logistics on m25 yesterday though.

the shade of blue isn't helped by there being so much light from behind. Here it along side Norfolk Line which is a similar shade to 'Safmarie'.

post-9147-0-79751000-1377593380_thumb.jpg

And for some more, not the best quality picture in the world (sorry), here are the Hoyer tanks after Alan proper went to town with the weathering on them:

post-9147-0-56260600-1377593489_thumb.jpg

And now for something very new; first, roof colour has been matched on the 2 Zim containers, they just need a little weathering to complete. But the big news here is the 'act' container in the middle. 2 of these have been rolled out but i completely forgot to get a picture of the other (better) one before Alan took it away with him. The paint shade is slightly to dark and grey on this one, it will probably get re-done eventually, but for now it is quite good!

post-9147-0-26780700-1377593620_thumb.jpg

More newness later...

Hi SG

two questions please:

What is the make of the crane in your earlier post?

How many containers are there now in total on WL?

Cheers

Nobby

John,

The crane is from Kibri, they are available in the uk if you hunt for them but i ordered mine from German ebay before the exchange rate got worse, much cheaper! It's a lovely model, everything moves and works on it, if only they'd added motors! It's a lot larger than expected too, the main gantry arm is 16 inches long but it's gauge is about 10mm narrower than Heljan's.

As for the total numbers of containers, we're not sure. During the weekend we did discuss having a count up and rumage through them all. It also needs to be split down into 'operable' and 'non-operable' containers with the count ups. There's a lot of good new designs coming out but we don't want this to be at the sacrifice of WL's existing boxes and the trains they can form. One of the big leaps recently has been the ability to add unusual shaped 'boxes' like tank-tainers to the operational fleet. To complicate it further, boxes now available for use can be split into different eras for operation. For example the Freightliner box probably wouldn't have been operating at the same time as any high-cubes, similar with the 'act' and 'cast' boxes. 'Bell' were out of action before D0ng Fang came to life.....etc...

This is what we get up to on a bank holiday weekend

post-9211-0-63440500-1377605489_thumb.jpg

We are starting to build our 80/90's containers for a time when we run Warren Lane in an earlier period.. but more about that later

This is the other half of the double ACT

post-9211-0-33101900-1377605425_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-93521700-1377605443_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-33027500-1377605456_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-49919600-1377605466_thumb.jpg

I think its a bit to creamy white , but I'm not going to repaint this one..

This is what we get up to on a bank holiday weekend

attachicon.gifact5.jpg

We are starting to build our 80/90's containers for a time when we run Warren Lane in an earlier period.. but more about that later

This is the other half of the double ACT

attachicon.gifact1.jpg

attachicon.gifact2.jpg

attachicon.gifact3.jpg

attachicon.gifact4.jpg

I think its a bit to creamy white , but I'm not going to repaint this one..

Damn the small numbers came out popping on that one! Permission to accidently drop it several times with the crane please boss?

Nice work you 3! Presuming Satan is in the fish tank?

The one/several that helped spawn that name sadly aren't anymore, although the middle fish above the ###### Fang collection is proving a good contender, his name is Dave.

I know it's off track wildely, but here is one of the original culprits for the name, he was called 'Big fella' (those are proper sized house bricks he's next to)

post-9147-0-14104700-1377627343.jpg

And this was their home at the last house while it was still under construction and mid-water change by the looks of it:

post-9147-0-59723300-1377627633_thumb.jpg

To get back  O/T, here's another new box! 20ft 'CAST' on the right is the previously finished example, the 40ft was really started first but has received a lot more treatment for the 'if this box could tell stories' look. Both sides have taken a beating, this is my favorite, the other to be shown later is Alan's:

post-9147-0-24698400-1377627699_thumb.jpg

Archived