Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Alan, I've been meaning to mention this before. Those station nameboards would look better with all the text in upper case, just as you used to have on Wencombe.

I think you might be right, strangely I'd not noticed I done it differently.

Just about to go out to my regular model railway night round a mates =, Dave,. We will probably helping SAD get his layout, Salmon Pastures, ready to take to Huntingdon tomorrow for the East Anglian exhibition this weekend.. If anybody is going come along and say hello. I'm the really bald with a very closely shaved beard.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the opportunity of todays foul weather to get in the model railway room and get back to the harbour, this time shops and houses round the harbour, dare one say yet another mutilated Walthers kit, this time the Merchants Row 1. You may have seen the shop part leaning against the backscene in some photos, so today was painting the window frames and doors. The ones with unpainted windows and doors is from the back of the building. As I've said before the great thing about American kits is that they have a back, font and sides, so it is possible if one is building in low or half relief to get definitely 2, possibly 4 rows of buildings from one kit. The only drawback might be is that most American kits of buildings have flat roofs so one has to do pitched roofs oneself.

post-7090-0-86082400-1459193343_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Hi Alan

I was going to ask about the shop fronts - now I know!

They're looking good already, as is the harbour area generally, I look forward to seeing them with their various names and good on display!

Regards

Les

Alan, I agree with you on the versitality of American building kits as they so readily adapt and which I did on my American HO, Providence River. (There's an old thread

somewhere.)

I never built one as bought and the added bonus are all the additional very useful bits and pieces. Yours look quite the part and at home in Devon.

More work on the buildings on the quay side. Still signs to be done and chimneys sort of sounds familiar.

post-7090-0-77468000-1459794220_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-96760000-1459794235_thumb.jpg

for those interested the shops will be from the left as you look at them, Chandlers, Fish and Chip shop, Bookshop, Ice cream Parlour, Small bar.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Now that's a very weird experience as looking at that set of pics took me right back to the mid 60s and my skool days in and around Devonport and Plymouth (The Barbican  area when it was still a proper fishing dock). The green slime on the stones.....just superb and very realistic.

Philth

• Like 3

Was at the Crawley Show this last weekend with My mate SAD's  layout Salmon Pastures and it again won an award.

Strangely a fairly tight control was kept on wallet and cards and the only purchases where a couple of sash type cramps and a another bus this time a Bristol Lodekka destination  and route will need changing for something more appropriate.

post-7090-0-31671900-1460401883_thumb.jpg

• Like 13