Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

As said previously mines an FS-30. To be honest apart from activating the delay shutter mode and turning the flash off  its point and shoot. I do use the zoom sometimes but its not easy to contol so most zooming is done by cropping the image. I think what maks the difference is the photo flood.

post-7090-0-05920500-1364057151_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I really like returning to Wencombe. If you haven't visited for a day or too something new appears.

The Manor is a case in point. As Robin knows one of my favourite loco classes (there's something about the lines) and it will be nice to see a more up to date version in line with the Grange soon.

However, your version of 7820 is nicely weathered and captures the prototype well. The one one thing that always stands out for me on the Mainline/Bachmann Manor is the poor shape of the chimney. It may be worth changing. DMR Models do a replacement chimney of the later modified BR pattern suitable for this loco. The link is below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/suppliers/41400-DMR_Products

Unfortunately they don't have a website.

Manors did sterling work piloting over the South Devon banks. I've a lovely colour shot of 7809 piloting a King up Hemerdon in one of my books. Laira and Newton had an allocation as did St Blazey/Truro.

Keep the photos coming Alan, Brilliant modelling and always worth a visit,

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444
  • Like 2

Hi Alan,

I'm new to the site but have to echo all the previous comments; simply stunning work all round!!  Great shots of the Manor, a particular favourite of mine as my late father was a driver on the Cambrian Coast line in mid Wales and probably spent time in most of that class at some stage I suppose!  Just a quickie regarding your creamery model (and I apologise if you've answered this question before) but is it scratch-built or a kit you can buy?

Thanx and keep up the excellent 'Western' work :sungum:

John

• Like 1

John,welcome to RMWeb and thanks for your kind comments. The creamery is a cut down  American Walthers kit (the Red Wing flour mill if my memeory serves me right). The kit was 4 stories high and I cut the bottom two stories off.

Edited by westerner

Thanks for that Alan, it certainly looks the the part!

John,welcome to RMWeb and thanks for your kind comments. The creamery is a cut down  American Walthers kit (the Red Wing flour mill if my memeory serves me right). The kit was 4 stories high and I cut the bottom two stories off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the Fireman picked up the fire devil :no:

Would it be needed or used in the warmer months of the year? Perhaps it's stowed horizontally enjoying the summer sun and out of the way of the water crane's swing

• Like 1

Great to see this thread continue to inspire with some great photos, reflecting some excellent modelling. Any chance of publishing your timetable for the line? It would make fascinating reading to see exactly what you have done in this area! 

Thanks again for your inspiration! All the best

exmoordave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You would think from this thread that my allegience is very much Western, and you would be quite right. However I do enjoy excellent modelling of what ever region and on Sunday I was lucky enough with a some of the Potter Heigham Finescale Group to visit the depths of Lincolnshire and see Retford first hand. I'm still, 2 days later, not sure what to say. The sheer size is awe inspiring and I'm used to seeing a large layout every week. (my friend Dave's 40 ft x 10ft version of the two stations at Epsom.

Even though the scenic side is less tha 1/3rd finished the layout is stunning. I feel it would need several visits just to take in all the stock in the fiddle yards. the running was very good topped by seeing a Deltic (during the operators break) with 10 on powering round the layout and over the flat crossing at a scale 171 miles per hour. I don't think I've seen so many grown men with such big grins for many a year. (or at least since Norwich were promoted to the Premiership). But not only was there Retford, but Blakeney and Geoff Kent's new layout (can't wait to see that finished). All of them with excelent modelling.

It was also good to meet for the first time in the flesh young Tom of 50A and meet Chris F and Tim again as well as a few others. Roy Jackson was on good form all helped by superb weather.

It was well worth the 300 mile round trip.

I hope I get a chance to see it again.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 5