RMweb

Bristol O Gauge Group Exhibition - 31st January 2010

Pint of Adnams

A Modelling Show - Organised by Modellers for Modellers, for full details see: www.bogg7mmshow.com

UWE Bristol Exhibition & Conference Centre, Fulton Road, Bristol BS34 8QZ

Admission ??6, Guild/Association Members ??5, Family (2+3) ??10 Wives welcome and admitted FOC with Husband (once again, all comments to Show Organisers!)

Various Guild Stands, Layouts, Demonstrators, 40+ Trade Stands, Bring and Buy, Societies, MRC Section - Model Rail magazine also sponsoring and in attendance.

Raffle in aid of St. Peter's Hospice, Bristol

FREE Tower RTR Loco worth ??475 for One lucky paying visitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be there, with 3 old-geezers, hoping we don't have to queue in the FREEZING cold like last year..........!!

Tim

Apparently there will be indoor queueing for those who arrive early according to the website ... and a warm welcome from us traders once you get in :)

Got set up nice and early - seems likely to be a good event if the venue is anything to go by ... warm, light and plenty of space. Car parking is good and public transport is reasonably good with bus routes close by and Bristol Parkway not too far to walk.

Just got back from the exhibition which was well and truley worth going to.

Lots of things to see, lots of things to buy, lots of room to move about, lots of seats to sit down. Even to sit and admire the trains going buy. Will go again.

Different atmosphere to a 4mm or mixed scale exhibition. Much better for some reason I cannot put my finger on, just seemed nicer some how.

Well done to all involved. Even rejoined the O Gauge Guild after being out of it since 1990. The bug has bitten again.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent show in a much improved venue (I just hope it didn't break the bank!).

Enjoyed a chat with Brian Daniels on his JLTRT locos (got some tips for my Class 25) and also listening to Martyn Welch on weathering techniques.

Jacket potato and chilli was good and spicy.

Looking forward to next year's show!

• RMweb Gold

I was there with eldavo and the WMR on 'Abbotstone'. I think the venue must rank as one of the best I've been in for an exhibition, spacious, light and well laid out. A lot of the top O gauge traders attended so it's a good job I haven't got any spare cash at the moment, I would say that I could have spent thousands given a fair wind and a friendly bank manager.I was also very impressed by some of the demonstrators attending, there's some seriously talented people around.

I thought the show was great.

The venue was everything it should have been, and put Kettering and Reading to shame. Lots of space, light and airy, plenty of seats, well thought out, easy to get to, good parking, in my diary for next year!

Great to see so many people, I spend more time talking at shows than looking. Nice to chat to Flubrush, Dan and 28ten at some length. Saw Pugsley but never got to talk to him (37's great Pugs!)

All in all, a most enjoyable day out.

Richard

Thanks Richard, sorry I didn't get to chat but it was only a flying visit for me between Cheshire and work in the afternoon!

The venue was very good and the trade support was as well, my only regret is that I couldn't spend more than just under two hours there.

• RMweb Gold

Really enjoyed it (I was there with Messrs Marc Smith and Dave "Wenlock"). Perhaps my expectations were lower than they should have been, but had a real wow moment at the size of the hall. Very spacious, very stress-free experience. Spent a long time at the big layout with a through station and four track mainline - not sure of the name, but very enjoyable just to get the head down low and watch Bulleids thunder past with long rakes.

Just a shame that the bacon baps ran out so early :blink:

I think I've officially crossed over to the dark side now, what with this and the Telford show last year.

As has been said it was a superb venue but how many people went into the first turn into the University? I did for oneicon_redface.gif but my excuse was my brain was numb after riding from Oxford in -2 on my motorbike, the things I do for a showicon_confused.gif It was all worth it though apart from Eileens Imporium not being there due to another show clashing.

As an O gauge noob it was very interesting. Lots of traders selling actual modelling stuff and no tables piled high with Hornby locos.

Hope it's at the same venue next year. It really was superb.

Excellent show at a great venue with excellent access, parking in a pleasant spacious room. Lots to see, buy and many people to talk to. I struggled to get round everything in the time.

Lets hope for the same next year.

Archived