Noch Puffer Bottle

I hope I arent covering old ground here but soon will be putting down the scenic area on my layout, with it been 7mm, I want to have the most realistic looking grass on there without the cost of a plug in static grass applier.

Has anyone used the Noch Puffer Bottle?

Has anyone got any pictures of the finished product using the Noch Puffer Bottle?

Does anyone know a link to the Noch Puffer Bottle been used? (can find the plug in ones on you tube)

Any general comments about the Noch Puffer Bottle?

Cheers in advance

Andy

• RMweb Premium

It works fine for smaller areas but doesn't produce quite as good a result as the static applicators. Take a look at the "Waton" thread in teh 2010 challenge area for some examples and a "how to".

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I'd agree with Dave on this.Have a look at my layout to see the results.There was an article in an old MRJ by Martyn Welch a few years back.Long before the electric grass applicators.

I use it, but everytime I see someone who's 'moved up' to the electric versions they nearly always comment how much better it is. I've no complaints about the effect I get, but I suspect it's one of those things where you think something is good and don't realise how poor it is until you try something better.

For the small outlay however you may as well give it a try and if you're not happy get one of the electric ones...?

I have one and I love it - used it on our church layout a lot and as long as you are patient (remembering to shake the puffer regularly) then the results are really good. We tried a couple of DIY powered applicators but they were awful.

Nice and cheap so worth a punt

• 2 weeks later...

I,ve just bought and used one and it works well. Just remember to really shake the bottle well and puff the grass out quickly whilst moving it very slowly over the area being treated. On my first attempt I didn't get a very even coverage but you can go over the existing grass again. I used PVA initially and cheap non scented hair spray to hold the next coat. When completed I wafted the whole area with the hair spray to ensure it all stayed firmly in place.

Archived