ATM

jackrob

Hi people,

I'm sure a few members of the forum will know this, but what happened to ATM? There site still up and running it seems, but they haven't released anything new in a while. I was very interested in some of there forthcoming models, so any news?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

ATM was founded in 2003 to provide top quality wagons, and associated products.

The wagons have been largely put on the back burner because of the massive strides made by the rtr manufacturers in the last seven years.

For example, ATM had planned a Silver Bullet tanker but when Dapol announced theirs they decided to hand over much of their research/photographs/data to assist Dapol in producing a superb product. As it is, the ATM silver bullet is a slightly different type, and the eventual plan is to produce it, but the Dapol product has taken away some of the urgency!

Right now ATM is concentrating on bogies - Y25 in both cast and fabricated types, NACCO axle motion and Gloucester GPS bogies are already available; while ESC1 types (to improve farish TEA tankers) and Ridemasters (for Freightliner flats) will be available soon.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Jackrob,

The bogies that are available (Y25, GPS and NACCO axlemotion) are on the site.

As I said, the ESC and Ridemaster bogies are not quite ready yet, so have not been added, and wagons are on the back burner - ie while preparatory work has been done we are not in a position to move to production for sale.

cheers

Ben A.

Morning Ben,

What's the situation with the Arbel car carriers at the moment? Is it possible to buy them in kit form?

Right now ATM is concentrating on bogies - Y25 in both cast and fabricated types, NACCO axle motion and Gloucester GPS bogies are already available; while ESC1 types (to improve farish TEA tankers) and Ridemasters (for Freightliner flats) will be available soon.

Is there any chance of the Schlieren bogies that appears under various tankers and (I think!) some bogie opens? I'll be a very happy bunny if you do!

Boomshanka,

Pix

Pixie

from what I have read CJM now have the tools for the arbels but have not done anything with them as yet. the ATM version only had a small quantity made and they were sold for £150 each (5 car set).

I stand corrected I should check the web first.

CJM ARBELS

selling them now for £275 + £10 p&p

Alistair

Morning Ben,

What's the situation with the Arbel car carriers at the moment? Is it possible to buy them in kit form?

Is there any chance of the Schlieren bogies that appears under various tankers and (I think!) some bogie opens? I'll be a very happy bunny if you do!

Boomshanka,

Pix

How about axle motion 2 bogies that appear under PTA/JTA-JUA wagons?

from what I have read CJM now have the tools for the arbels but have not done anything with them as yet. the ATM version only had a small quantity made and they were sold for £150 each (5 car set).

Thanks Alistair - certainly quite a step up in price per set from the ATM release! I wonder if they'll be available as a kit as hinted on ATMs website?

Pix

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The Arbel will not be available as a kit from ATM, though to ensure it continues to be available the tooling has been passed along to CJM.

In terms of 2m bogies, the first to be produced will be the ESC type used under many TEAs and some box wagons and Ridemaster types used under Freightliner flats and also Cartic-4 car carriers. These types were chosen because the TEAs, Freightliner flats and Cartic-4s are all in existence with "generic" bogies and so we are hoping that these new bogies will provide a simple upgrade. A photo shows the improvement, though please bear in mind that these are test mouldings and the ride height on the ESC one has been tweaked now.

post-420-059241400 1289857569_thumb.jpg

There should be a good established market for these, since plenty of us have TEAs and FFA/FGAs.

If they sell well, then any proceeds will be used to produce further 2m types. The next to be produced would be the FBT-6 (Nuclear Flask, lots of steel carriers) and ESC axle motion (tipplers, steel carriers.)

Further possibilities include Gloucester Mk2, Gloucester Mk 4 (some TEAs, box wagons) Schlieren (some box wagons, tankers) and so on.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words about the bogies. I think they make a big difference too!

The photograph shows the first test mouldings. A couple of modifications were needed to the tooling but these have been done and I am now awaiting the next test mouldings. If these are approved then we will move to production.

There is a slim chance that we will have them by Christmas but I think more realisically we are looking at early next year.

cheers

Ben A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Great news about the new bogies coming out, I already have some of the Gloucester's that are already out and they're really good :D

Which are the right microtrain couplings to use with the ATM bogies?

Thanks

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Christian,

A new set of test mouldings are imminent, I am told. Once these are approved then we can move to production.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks for the reply Ben.

Put me down for 10 pairs ;)

Christian.

Archived