Irish Dutch van from DC Kits

D6975

Just been reading the latest ModelRail and noticed a small paragraph stating that Charlie's producing a Dutch van with a resin body, etched underframe and cast bogies.

A welcome addition for me, I'll buy 3 probably. It's a bit vague as to whether original or modified, but hopefully it will be original condition as it'll be much easier to convert a 31xx to a 46xx than vice versa. Who knows, he might offer both.

He did post a request for pics of the bogies on the last incarnation of the forum, so I must admit I was hopeful that this was coming.

Just been reading the latest ModelRail and noticed a small paragraph stating that Charlie's producing a Dutch van with a resin body, etched underframe and cast bogies.

A welcome addition for me, I'll buy 3 probably. It's a bit vague as to whether original or modified, but hopefully it will be original condition as it'll be much easier to convert a 31xx to a 46xx than vice versa. Who knows, he might offer both.

He did post a request for pics of the bogies on the last incarnation of the forum, so I must admit I was hopeful that this was coming.

Its a 46XX - http://irishrailwaymodelling.yuku.com/topic/456, but elsewhere on that forum a 31XX kit is in the works - http://irishrailwaymodelling.yuku.com/sreply/5341/t/ValveDesign-Models.html

• RMweb Gold

I saw a sample kit at the recent South Dublin Model Railway Club exhibition and it looks excellent! The only downside is that they're only producing the rebuilt version, so it's not suitable for running with Cravens or other steam-heated stock. It can be used with the MK2a coaches and, as a couple of the vans ended their days as brake vans on fuel transfers in the Dublin area, wouldn't look out of place hooked up to a few four-wheel tank wagons...

For those interested in the unrebuilt version, Valvedesign will be releasing a pre-formed body in OO and N very shortly...

Oh well, looks like only one then to go with the Mk2s that I've got.

The 31xx looks nice, but how much is it going to cost to get them sent from the States?

Unless some model shop is going to take the plunge and import a bulk batch.......

• RMweb Gold

Oh well, looks like only one then to go with the Mk2s that I've got.

The 31xx looks nice, but how much is it going to cost to get them sent from the States?

Unless some model shop is going to take the plunge and import a bulk batch.......

The model is designed by Rods_of_Revolution of this parish. He uploads his designs to Shapeways, who are based in Holland, and they manufacture to order from plastic using a sort of CNC milling technique. For some reason they price their items in dollars instead of Euros... but the good news is that all delivery via UPS is included in the price!

Many thanks for that info Patrick - as soon as I saw the prices in dollars I assumed that they were being manufactured in the States. Not an altogether unreasonable assumption I thought. That the delivery is included is a bonus - I've got 8 Cravens and one Silver Fox Mk1 genny at the moment, so I'll probably have 2 when they become available.

• RMweb Gold

I've just taken delivery of one of Rod's N Gauge Class 201 bodyshells, which arrived via UPS today, after ordering on Sunday - pretty impressive, considering that the bodyshell has been replicated from sctatch and sent from Holland.

I can see 3D printing services like Shapeways having a real impact on the way cottage industrys produce limited-run products in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CIE Dutch Van from DC Kits.

This kit has been delayed, but all components now in stock, instructions yet to complete:

The current kit will be the ETH Van for Mk2s etc 'Sorry'. The kit comprises of:

2 X Cast Whitematal Bogies, Brass floor panel, 1 piece Resin Body & glazing sheet.

Sample bodyshells off for painting so photograph should be on the Website soonish! The Website ordering will have the kit listed befors the picture arrives, give it about 4 weeks.

If interest is shown the earlier version will be produced. Charlie.

NEXT IRISH KIT. Deutch Shunter. Watch the site: www.devideos-dckits.co.uk

Seasons Greetings. Charlie

As you can tell from my previous posts, I'd be up for 2 31xx Dutch vans, maybe 3.

The Deutz shunter is a bit too early for me really, but I think I'll still have one. They did survive in industrial use for quite a while before preservation, so I'll just stretch their usage a little, IMRAIRWIW etc...

• 2 months later...

The RTR version will be available at the Bangor Show (Near Belfast) in April, we made the decision to launch it in Ireland and not at Glasgow. See you all at Bangor! Charlie P. Will be on the Website after that date! www.dckits-devideos.co.uk

The RTR version will be available at the Bangor Show (Near Belfast) in April, we made the decision to launch it in Ireland and not at Glasgow. See you all at Bangor! Charlie P. Will be on the Website after that date! www.dckits-devideos.co.uk

Is that just the RTR version being released on that date or the kits as well? I was hoping to pick up a kit at Ally Pally.

Is that just the RTR version being released on that date or the kits as well? I was hoping to pick up a kit at Ally Pally.

If anyone want's a Generator Van Kit then please E.Mail me at (charlie@dckits.co.uk) for collection at Ali Pali or York!!

Charlie P

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone want's a Generator Van Kit then please E.Mail me at (charlie@dckits.co.uk) for collection at Ali Pali or York!!

Charlie P

Some spare stock will be taken to Ali Pali & York, but I do not have many from the first batch of 50 in kit form, RTR ones will be OK for Bangor show though. Charlie P

15 Pre-Orders were handed over an Ali Pali last weekend, they will be on the DC Kits site (www.dckits-devideos.co.uk) around the end of April as we promised to launch them at the Bangor show near Belfast in April.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

First batch of Dutch Generator vans now sold out, more Ready to Run due in June. Charlie

Will they be ready for Chatham, and how much are the RTR ones?

We might miss Chatham with the Irish Gen Van,sorry. This year Chatham clashes with DEMU at Bretby, I will be there but the DE Videos stand will be at Chatham selling most items but a vastly reduced range of kits with be at Chatham due to the recent THEFT & BREAK IN in Leeds. Lots of stuff nicked sadly, trying to catch up though!

If anyone want's a Irish Gen Van see the Website: www.dckits-devideos.co.uk.

• 2 months later...

These kits & Ready to run Gen Vans have now run out, next batch of Ready to Runs planned for Dublin Show, late October! Charlie

PPS The Deutz Diesel Shunter patterns now complete, test production shots due in 8 weeks ish! Fits a Black Beetle motor.

These kits & Ready to run Gen Vans have now run out, next batch of Ready to Runs planned for Dublin Show, late October! Charlie

PPS The Deutz Diesel Shunter patterns now complete, test production shots due in 8 weeks ish! Fits a Black Beetle motor.

Crikey - Charlie im not supprised though, they certainly are good!

Whilst my main modelling area is of the GWML in the south west - These Gen vans, Murphys Cravens & 141 / 181 have certainly tempted me to the irish models, so much so im now on the look out for a couple of cravens, and when funds permit one of these gen vans, to go with my sole 181...

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey - Charlie im not supprised though, they certainly are good!

Whilst my main modelling area is of the GWML in the south west - These Gen vans, Murphys Cravens & 141 / 181 have certainly tempted me to the irish models, so much so im now on the look out for a couple of cravens, and when funds permit one of these gen vans, to go with my sole 181...

DC Kits are planning to introduce in kit form & Ready to Run a Class G Deutz 0-4-0 shunter, work is well advanced and the kit should be available during October, the Readt to Run models are planned for early 2011.

See www.dckits-devideos.co.uk during August for further information on this model, this will be added when the patterns are complete!

Thanks Charlie Petty

Archived