kevpeo

24 090's chassis is detailed up and back together again temporally (It'll need to come apart again for painting) so I could give it a good ''thrashing'' and make sure none of the new details get in the way. Does look weird with no buffers on though! Heres both sides -

post-8271-0-72735400-1300122538_thumb.jpg

post-8271-0-89971700-1300122578_thumb.jpg

I'd forgotten how well the bass speaker brings out the SWD/Bachmann sounds though. I have a program waiting to re-blow it, but now I'm not too sure I want to! If it wasn't for the loco's annoying habit of revving up when you don't want it too, the decision would be made, as it is I'll have to try a comparison test after ''Ally Pally'' and chew it over! No rush, I'll make a start on the body. I should really be making a start on wheel cleaning but I'm ''in the groove''! cool.gif Thats all for now. kev.

Website - Http://lochdour.webs.com/

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 3

And you've been caught.

Looking good are you bring it up the club on Wed.? So I can hear it.

OzzyO.

Eeek no, It's already in bits again! :D Caught doing what? Are you looking through the window or something again? :( kev.

Are you looking through the window or something again? :( kev.

It's a rat trap, and you've been caught. One of Sir Bob's (sounds like a loco class. S.R. steam for you Kev, or a Spam can) finest :lol:.

OzzyO.

Loch Dour is all packed up ready for its long trip South to ''ally pally'' after a few little tidying up jobs and fitting the end transportation boards to the new ''L'' baseboards. The 80's fleet is all serviced ready, and now I've stopped playing with the 70's fleet, I can clean them! A slight worry over our usual hire van/rocket ship during the week, after our Swiss boys broke it on the way back from Narrow Gauge North last weekend :O They finally got home on the back of a recovery truck! Luckily the garage has been able to fix it. The usual 70's Saturday, 80's Sunday is the running order for next weekend. See you there, kev.

Hi, really enjoyed seeing the layout in the flesh on Saturday . Would of loved to of seen Sunday's 80s tractors thrash up the bank too! What's the signal box constructed from? It looks alot like corrour . Ian

Thanks for the kind words guys (except wardog, I didn't need reminding of the time we had to kip in a freezing cold clubrooms in the depths of winter, waiting for a missing ''Boldon'' to appear out of the fog! :angry: ) We had a good time at the show, (although I didn't get a Zimo chip!) as well as riding around on London's trains in the evenings, including a thrash to Gravesend and back in a ''Javelin.''

The layout seemed to perform apart from a couple of niggles, easily sorted. Except for the 101 unit on Sat afternoon which decided to derail in one direction, it runs back and forth fine all year at home! As for photo's, the layout is now at the clubrooms for a ''photo shoot'' for a magazine article, if they except it that is! I'll take some new shots then, while Ian has all his lights and stuff set up. kev.

What are you doing putting posts on here at 13;41, you should be at work :lol:.

What have you done to the Mills? First time out on the train in daylight! for a long time. Out in the dark back in the dark is my norm.

See you Wed.

OzzyO.

As alluded to above, spent (all day!) yesterday at the clubrooms with our Exhibition Manager and all round ''gadget man'' Ian taking lots of photos of Loch Dour. Well, Ian took loads, I took 38, and most of them were c**p! I did get one of the man himself at work surrounded by lights -

post-8271-0-25539900-1301815329_thumb.jpg

And as a matter of scale -

post-8271-0-74294800-1301815374_thumb.jpg

Frightened the life out of me when he had that great lump wrapped around my co-acting signal!

Here's a couple of my attempts -

post-8271-0-53754000-1301815461_thumb.jpg

post-8271-0-32886000-1301815533_thumb.jpg

Hopefully Ian's are better, :( , kev.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As requested by MRDBLUE17, a couple of 37 videos (so you know who to blame!). I tried moving the camera further back and zooming in to avoid the sound crackling too much this time, Its better (a bit!) First up 37 412 starting up and 'gently' departing on a Speedlink for Mossend. Mostly consisting of sounds from Tony Molyneux with a couple of additions by me! There is an alternate version which takes a lot longer to reach 'thrash' which is normally on 178 which I can't video at the moment. -

http://www.youtube.com/user/macrat26#p/a/u/1/coLP7Y7BdL0

Next here's 412 again this time 'thrashing' away on passenger. Same program just driven harder. The driver is having a play on the horns to show off! -

http://www.youtube.com/user/macrat26#p/a/u/0/BMKnKb4M1fU

The reason I can't video 178 with the longer take up of power is because its got this program in it at the moment on trail. Built up from the sounds on Pauliebangers Zimo tutorial on Sat afternoon, they sound pretty good coming out of a Lok 3.5 too! I suspect these sounds too are Tony's, I could only fit half of them on the chip. One powering away clip is 21 seconds long! -

http://www.youtube.com/user/macrat26#p/a/u/2/BfiNRoyptDQ

Still needs a bit of 'polishing' but I think it will find its way onto 37 033 when it arrives. :P kev.

• Like 1

Hi Kev,

I don't think anyone will blame me for getting you to share those sound clips! :unsure:

They both sound really good and I think 412 would sound quite at home on my layout with a Northbound service starting hard from the station stop and thrashing away as it rounds the viaduct curve! The playable horn is a very nice touch as well, something seen in youtube clips of the WHL when 37's were regulars on the sleeper. The work you have put in on those seems well worth it and very different to anything I have heard so far. The engine idle sound in 412 is also nice with a distinct rattle as the engine turns over! Reminds me of the battered 31's I use to see in Barrow when i was younger!

Thanks for doing those Kev,

Mark

Ho hum, and this from a man who thinks an LMS Duchess is state of the art engineering! :lol:

Speaking of videos, I forgot to mention that Loch Dour was extensively filmed for a future M.S.i.M release while at 'ally pally', and on both days!. So it should appear sometime in the future. Redkiterail has also posted a short video on U-tube -

Thanks for that, kev.

• Like 1

No problems Kev:

Sorry for the lack of focus at times limition of the Nikion d5000 video mode hope you like great layout and was very glad to see it in the flesh. Feel free to use the video and images on your webiste if you want orginal files let me know

• 2 weeks later...

What's the signal box constructed from? It looks alot like corrour . Ian

Sorry meanach, I seemed to have missed your question when it was asked. Better late than never eh! :P The signal box is a modified Ratio Midland box kit, roof & windows, subtly(!) fitted to a scratchbuilt base so it looks ''in the style of '' Glen Douglas box. Hth, kev.