The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I see the first Vegan Football Club has just made it into the EFL - Forest Green Rovers (Nailsworth population 5,794) and also the smallest town ever to host an EFL club.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/forest-green-rovers-why-i-turned-my-football-club-vegan-dale-vince-a7537286.html

Obviously a bit of a borderline food fascist force feeding both home and visiting supporters with quinoa but hey-ho live and let live I suppose.

• RMweb Gold

Forest Green Rovers promoted - well done all involved.

It's nice to see some proper "grass-roots football" sprouting into the big time.

Kev.

I see the first Vegan Football Club has just made it into the EFL - Forest Green Rovers (Nailsworth population 5,794) and also the smallest town ever to host an EFL club.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/forest-green-rovers-why-i-turned-my-football-club-vegan-dale-vince-a7537286.html

Obviously a bit of a borderline food fascist force feeding both home and visiting supporters with quinoa but hey-ho live and let live I suppose.

As long as the vegetables aren't actually playing, that's fine by me.

altogether now "who ate all the felafel who ate ..........

• RMweb Premium

Spurs 2 - 1 Manchester United

That's a fine result for the last game at The Lane.

steve

A good result considering the opposition seem to have lost interest in the Premier League this season!

A stunning Spurs performance last night.  :dancer:

One thing I picked up from the commentator though.  This time last year Leicester were 11 points ahead of Spurs.  Fast forward to yesterday and Spurs are 40 points ahead of Leicester. Some turn round in fortune for both teams....

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A big risk pinning Champions League qualification on one cup final!

....and very, very nervy given their style of play this season.

Well Exeter City did it the hard way again last night.

In the previous fixtures against Carlisle this season they have conceded 2 late goals each time to lose both league games 3-2.

In the first leg of the League 2 play off semi-final they conceded two late goals at Brunton Park to draw 3-3.

Last night having lead 2-0 after 79 minutes Carlisle again scored twice to level the match, only for Exeter to find a 95th minute winner, 3-2!

Wembley ticket duly booked for the League 2 play-off final game against Blackpool, what can possibly go wrong now? (!)

cheers

• RMweb Premium

Well Exeter City did it the hard way again last night.

In the previous fixtures against Carlisle this season they have conceded 2 late goals each time to lose both league games 3-2.

In the first leg of the League 2 play off semi-final they conceded two late goals at Brunton Park to draw 3-3.

Last night having lead 2-0 after 79 minutes Carlisle again scored twice to level the match, only for Exeter to find a 95th minute winner, 3-2!

Wembley ticket duly booked for the League 2 play-off final game against Blackpool, what can possibly go wrong now? (!)

cheers

Don't leave early, thinking you've won?

Forest Green Rovers promoted - well done all involved.

It's nice to see some proper "grass-roots football" sprouting into the big time.

The amount of financial backing they have I'm surprised it's taken so long... Not sure about "grass roots" football, the likes of Kidderminster and other local clubs from the area can only dream of such money...

Edited by Hobby

I wonder how many Blackpool supporters will turn up at Wembley? We don't like the club's owners and have largely boycotted home games, but surely you have to support the players and manager in a Wembley final. Hoping that Exeter prove to be good losers.

I wonder how many Blackpool supporters will turn up at Wembley? We don't like the club's owners and have largely boycotted home games, but surely you have to support the players and manager in a Wembley final. Hoping that Exeter prove to be good losers.

We have had plenty of practice losing at St James Park over the last 4 or 5 seasons, away from home however the form has been the best in the club history.

We have had two visits to the new Wembley, for Conference play-off finals 2006/7 and 2007/8, losing one and winning one, I think this result is difficult to predict.

Regarding the decision of fans to boycott games, it is sad when it comes to that.

Some club owners do not realise that they are just temporary custodians of the club which will (hopefully) exist once they have moved on.

In my opinion the fans are the ones who are the soul of the club, without which the value is diminshed, though of course anyone with enough money can take over a club and do what they want with it,

cheers

....Some club owners do not realise that they are just temporary custodians of the club which will (hopefully) exist once they have moved on....

I don't think Venky's really give a stuff about Blackburn. To them, the club is just a sideshow in their chicken restaurant empire.

Congratulations to Celtic going a full season unbeaten in the league. Can somebody enlighten me about the Scottish Premier League? There are twelve teams and they play 38 games a season. If they played each other twice at home and twice away that would be 44 games. So do they play some teams four times and some teams three times? If so why?

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations to Celtic going a full season unbeaten in the league. Can somebody enlighten me about the Scottish Premier League? There are twelve teams and they play 38 games a season. If they played each other twice at home and twice away that would be 44 games. So do they play some teams four times and some teams three times? If so why?

Every team plays each other three times. Then the league splits into top 6 and bottom 6 and they play each other (only).

• RMweb Gold

Every team plays each other three times. Then the league splits into top 6 and bottom 6 and they play each other (only).

It often results in the odd situation where the team in seventh place has more points then the team in sixth.

• RMweb Premium

11 th position for the Hammers, a darn sight better than I was expecting for most of the season. Some of the games at the Ann Summers Stadium were truly lousy, an utter embarrassment- the abject capitulations to Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool come to mind. Not sure about next year's season ticket right now.......