Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

So, Tevez wants to leave Man City. Well that didn't last long did it. Whats the real reason ? Some reports say he asked for £300,000 per week. Surely he ain't that greedy....is he.

C&P from a Utd forum,

Boca

Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club - 2 1/2 seasons.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Corinthians

Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club - 1 season.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

West Ham

Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Strings the club along before swiftly ditching them - but it's alright because it was for us.

Time at club - 1 season.

Manchester United

Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just 5 goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres.

Parting shot of 'I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them'

Time at club - 2 seasons.

Manchester City

Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time banging his mistress (the actual banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club - 1 1/2 seasons - the 1/2 a season grudgingly, against his will.

Anyone see a theme developing?

Anyway, big rumours of a whip round to replace the infamous Tevez poster that city put up in M/cr :D

post-7067-047627100 1292260986_thumb.jpg

C&P from a Utd forum,

Boca

Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust up with manager also ensues.

Time at club - 2 1/2 seasons.

Corinthians

Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club - 1 season.

West Ham

Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Strings the club along before swiftly ditching them - but it's alright because it was for us.

Time at club - 1 season.

Manchester United

Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just 5 goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres.

Parting shot of 'I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them'

Time at club - 2 seasons.

Manchester City

Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time banging his mistress (the actual banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club - 1 1/2 seasons - the 1/2 a season grudgingly, against his will.

Anyone see a theme developing?

Anyway, big rumours of a whip round to replace the infamous Tevez poster that city put up in M/cr :D

post-7067-047627100 1292260986_thumb.jpg

Yes, when Tevez joined Man City I looked into his 'history' – or should that be histrionics? – and assumed that the inevitable would happen sooner or later. So I can't say that I'm surprised… as one of the of City supporters of the great Bell/Summerbee/Lee generation, it's never gone swimmingly well for long since those heady days, as the red side of Manchester is only too willing to remind us at every opportunity… as if we need to be! :(

I just want this Tevez saga to be resolved as quickly and painlessly for all parties as possible. The squad is starting to gel and I'm confident that the team will not suffer too much without him. I'm really hoping that Super sulk Mario Balotelli doesn't follow suit (and that he leaves his handbag at home on match days). Then, perhaps there's a chance that the notorious banner at Old Trafford will have to be removed before too much longer.

… and now I read that Blackburn's Big Sam has been sacked!!! What's going on? :blink:

• RMweb Premium

I'm no fan of Allardyce, nor his 'style' of play. Unrefined hoofing with a touch of violence thown in for good measure...topped off with a good old winge about the referee after they have been soundly played off the pitch. The merest thought of the prospect of him becoming the next England manager fills me with dread...

That said, even I don't understand his sacking. Sure they're not top of the table, but for heaven's sake; they're BLACKBURN! Automatic Champions League - or even Europa League - just ain't going to happen bearing in mind the competition they have for these places. I'm afraid the very occasional good season, or cup win may see the odd foray into Europe, but unless you have plenty of time and plenty of investment, mid-table plodding is about as good as it gets. If Sam keeps them up, and gives them some mid-table security, then he's doing a good job for the club...

It's one thing expecting to win the league within a couple of seasons and then chucking the equivalent of the GDP of a small country into the transfer kitty, but quite another to expect miracles when your entire transfer budget amounts to Ronaldo's left foot...

Some football club's owners need a serious reality check...dry.gif

That said, even I don't understand his sacking. Sure they're not top of the table, but for heaven's sake; they're BLACKBURN! Automatic Champions League - or even Europa League - just ain't going to happen...

What do you mean? They're one of only 4 teams to have won the Premier League! Pure footballing pedigree, that is.

Although I've never really taken to "Big Sam", either as a man or a coach, today's news does seem rather bizarre - it makes the sacking of Chris Hughton seem almost rational. Bad news, too, for all the punters who had money on Hodgson or Grant as next for the boot...

As for tonight's game, it was a bit of a let-down listening to the commentary. Obviously I'm biased, being a Chelsea fan, but Man U vs Arsenal didn't sound half as exciting as Spurs vs Chelsea... as I say, I'm biased! Equally obviously, I could have done with an Arsenal goal to level things out, but it never seemed like coming.

Not to worry, after finally putting in a performance worthy of the shirt yesterday (Drogba was full of effort, if not actually producing an end product, and Lampard will only improve), I predict Chelsea's next 2 games will see them back on top of the table. After all, Man U and Arsenal - what could possibly go wrong?

Er...

What I mean is, at least they'll be close games which, after the dismal matches with Everton, Birmingham and Marseille, can only be a good thing.

Six points in the bag!

Ha ha ha...

• RMweb Premium

What do you mean? They're one of only 4 teams to have won the Premier League! Pure footballing pedigree, that is.

True, but then you could more or less buy the Premiership title for £25 million...as they did. Nowadays, lots of teams have owners with that sort of money...Birmingham, West Ham, Newcastle etc. You need to add at least another decimal point to that figure to be able to buy success today...

Sorry, but had to mention this here. Good old Arsene has blamed the Old Trafford pitch for their 1 - 0 defeat last night. He should try playing football on the local recreation pitches at this time of year as my boy does. Years of coaching them to pass and move and the ball gets stuck in the mud. :lol:

I can't understand how people can complain about government cutbacks and at the same time find the ridiculous entrance fees to go and watch a game of tick and pass that masquerades as football today.

Players will be greedy as long as people keep turning up to watch them, so don't blame the players.

Worst thing they ever did was scrap the maximum wage.

Ex league player

colin

• RMweb Premium

Starting a new thread. I'm wondering if West Ham hold something of a record for facing sides that have just lost thier manager. We face Blackburn today who lost Big Sam in the week, and 1st day of the season we played Aston Villa who lost Martin O'Neill. From memory we always seem to come up with this situation, pure luck of the draw of course, but if stats were available I think we'd be top or very near, going back over the years.

Any thoughts on this?

Rob

Starting a new thread. I'm wondering if West Ham hold something of a record for facing sides that have just lost thier manager. We face Blackburn today who lost Big Sam in the week, and 1st day of the season we played Aston Villa who lost Martin O'Neill. From memory we always seem to come up with this situation, pure luck of the draw of course, but if stats were available I think we'd be top or very near, going back over the years.

Any thoughts on this?

Rob

Perhaps its the thought of playing West Ham that un-settles the chairman, OR maybe not !!

Any thoughts on this?

Rob

Yes, when do West Ham visit Anfield?

Might be worth putting a few quid on Roy's departure ;)

Hi

All this game have been Postponed because of weather

Saturday

Premier League

Arsenal v Stoke

Birmingham v Newcastle

Liverpool v Fulham

Wigan v Aston Villa

Championship

Cardiff v Burnley

Millwall v Barnsley

Portsmouth v Scunthorpe

Watford v Preston

League One

Brentford v Huddersfield

Bristol Rovers v Colchester

Dag & Red v Peterborough

Hartlepool v Charlton

Leyton Orient v Plymouth

MK Dons v Oldham

Rochdale v Bournemouth

Swindon v Tranmere

Walsall v Southampton

Yeovil v Carlisle

League Two

Accrington v Burton

Aldershot v Lincoln

Bury v Stevenage

Cheltenham v Stockport

Crewe v Bradford

Gillingham v Chesterfield

Hereford v Macclesfield

Northampton v Morecambe

Oxford v Shrewsbury

Port Vale v Barnet

Southend v Wycombe

Torquay v Rotherham

Blue Square Bet Premier

AFC Wimbledon v Wrexham

Altrincham v Histon

Barrow v Tamworth

Bath v Southport

Cambridge v Darlington

Gateshead v Hayes & Yeading

Grimsby v Forest Green

Kidderminster v Kettering

Luton A-A York (Match got Abandoned after 55 Mins because of Snow)

Rushden & D v Eastbourne (postponed due to bereavement)

Scottish Premier League

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Hamilton v Celtic

Rangers v St Mirren

St Johnstone v Dundee Utd

Scottish Football League Championship First Division

Queen of South v Morton

Raith v Cowdenbeath

Ross County v Dunfermline

Scottish Football League Championship Second Division

Ayr v Forfar

Brechin v East Fife

Dumbarton v Peterhead

Stenhousemuir v Livingston

Scottish Football League Championship Third Division

Albion v Annan

Berwick v Montrose

Clyde v Arbroath

Stranraer v East Stirling

Sunday

Premier League

Blackpool v Tottenham

Chelsea v Manchester United

My team Oldham haven't played this months and looking at weather they might not play again this year.

It's incredible that a Premier League game is ever called off for the weather.Barring a flooded pitch, or a foot of snow, I don't see why they shouldn't always go ahead. Even this weekend, it's not the pitches themselves, but the surrounding areas that are supposedly the problem. I don't get it. OK, so some away fans might decide not to travel, or will have to set off early, but if the game itself can go ahead, why shouldn't it?

Don't misunderstand me - I understand that in lower league where heated pitches are not the norm, frosty conditions will make the game dangerous, so I have no issue with the Scottish Div.3 programme, for example, being affected by the weather. But I can't for the life of me see why Arsenal/Stoke or Chelsea/Man U can't go ahead. That second one has already been postponed, and it wasn't even supposed to be played untl tomorrow!

I think that it may be compensation culture that has encouraged postponements. If the stands are covered in snow and ice, the clubs are probably fearful of someone slipping over in these days where no one seems to be responsible for their own accidents.

They seem to be referring to "surrounding roads", rather than any part of the grounds themselves. If it's that dangerous to be out and about, why don't all the shops shut? Do we postpone Xmas until it warms up? I'm not angry, despite my mild rantings - just mightily baffled and, if it is a fear of compensation claims that's to blame, rather saddened and disappointed, too.

Hi

The Arsenal game against Stoke was call off because of snow

Approximately three inches of snow fell between 1130 BST and 1200 BST, with no sign of the heavy snowfall easing.

Undersoil heating would have ensured the pitch was playable, but outside the stadium conditions were deemed unsafe.

Also West Brom game against Wolverhampton have been PostPoned because of the cold weather.

More than 20cm of snow fell between the early hours of Saturday morning and the afternoon.

And with no apparent let up and temperatures predicted to drop as low as minus 10 during the night, the club decided to postpone the match

http://news.bbc.co.u...age/9299029.stm

You think the FA will call all the Weekend matches off even Scotland.

To be fair to the clubs it is the police who have the final say as to whether a game is cancelled or not. Bloomfield Road is playable today, but the surrounding roads are deemed too dangerous. I know the local shops are open for the busiest weekend of the year, although not as busy as shopkeepers had hoped. Do I really fancy the prospect of struggling to get to a football match? Not today thanks.

Geoff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, when do West Ham visit Anfield?

Might be worth putting a few quid on Roy's departure ;)

We've already been up to Anfield recently to give you 3 points. The last time we won there was 1964! Just about the time I started following the Irons, with the likes of Moore, Brooking, Hurst & Peters in the side. Happy days.

If Roy can't get them playing you've got problems.

Rob

Hi

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has withdrawn his transfer request after talks with the club.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9306875.stm

Can't help feeling that this is a temporary state of affairs and that Tevez will still scoot in the summer. There have been too many 'reasons' for his wanting to leave the club and the words of his agent, Joorabchian just haven't appeared genuine to me (isn't that the case with them all?). As Red Devil pointed out, Tevez's club history speaks for itself… a couple of seasons and he's off! I'm just intrigued to read what the final official line will be on this one!

Tevez really is a great worker but there are more efficient, deadlier finishers around and I think Mancini would be wise to buy one now… Wolfburg's Edin Dzeko, for instance. Balotelli certainly cannot be relied upon at this stage of his career.

Hi

The weather have put pain in Matches again here list of matches they be call off on Boxing Day

Premiership

Blackpool vs Liverpool (picth inspection at 12PM On Boxing Day)

Championship

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest

Scunthorpe v Preston

League One

Bristol Rovers v Walsall

Notts County v Rochdale

Oldham v Carlisle

Peterborough v Colchester

Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday

Yeovil v Brentford

League Two

Accrington Stanley v Crewe

Bradford v Chesterfield

Bury v Torquay

Macclesfield v Morecambe

Port Vale v Lincoln

Stockport v Rotherham

Blue Square Bet Premier

Bath v Newport (pitch inspection Boxing Day morning)

Darlington v Fleetwood

Forest Green v Kidderminster

Histon v Cambridge

Mansfield v Grimsby

Rushden & D v Luton

Tamworth v Kettering

Wrexham v Altrincham

York v Gateshead

Scottish Premier League

Kilmarnock v Hibernian

Scottish Football League Division One

Ross County v Cowdenbeath