The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Not hugely charitable I know, but there will be very little sympathy for Blackburn Rovers. Steve Kean was badly treated by the club's owners and by quite a number of the supporters. Sure they went down, but were in a strong position earlier in the season. Now they are dropping like a stone down the division. Who would want this job now?

Well, if you treat the players and manager like chicken feed......

Yep they changed the format, have you cleared your browser history since the recent software update?

Otherwise anything you write yourself will be invisible , and only the quotes will show

Wondered what was going on!

"a glorious fight from a bunch of overpaid millionaires to vanquish a bunch of slightly less well paid millionaires"

Spot on for the Premiership - from that Fifth Official link!!

• RMweb Gold

I see Venky's have now appointed some bloke called "Comical Ali" to run the show at Blackburn.

Sometimes I wish Goodness Gracious Me was still being broadcast - that comedy would have a field day with the shenanigans at Ewood Park :jester:

"Why have jose mourhino? You should have come to me - I would have got you cheaper."  "But Uncle Shebby......"

"Failing football clubs, Indian"

"Mrs Singh, your son is a global advisor but he has no idea about football"  "Yes but have you seen the size of his dunda??"

That the sort of thing you were thinking of??

• Like 1

West Watford's an awful place, eh Simon? :jester:

I've been a lot worse in the world mind...!

Was a very good game for the neutral, high temper and blood pressure for Watford and Charlton faithful. Watford unlucky to come away with nothing and Charlton taking all their chances. Would kill for that sort of result at the Valley - we've the worst home record and one of the best away records this season. Probably why we're just below mid table really.

I take it you don't like Watford, are you a Luton fan ?

The reasons why I don't like Watford are mainly to do with an acquaintance who is a rabid Watford fan - so rabid she has a season ticket for Vicarage Road stadium and attends every home game without fail. She won't hear a word said against them, and believes the team walks on water. For these reasons alone I can't wait to see them lose.

I also once attended a Barclays Bank business seminar there at the "Elton" suite. It was rubbish.

I don't support Luton, but something much much worse: Liverpool.

Edited by Horsetan

Incidentally, at the time Luton sank into non-League football, the same rabid Watford fan reckoned they deserved it " 'cos they are scum".

That's tribalism for you.

And there was me feeling sorry for Villa when we beat them 4-0 the other day.

In an earlier posting I referred to the condition of the pitch at Bloomfield Road. I have now seen the criteria for pitch condition, and who decides if they are fit for purpose. If there are any referees on here that have had to make these decisions, can you tell us if you have ever called off a game because of the pitch?

RULE 13 - PLAYING CONDITION OF THE GROUND

(i)

Each Club must take every precaution to ensure that its ground is in a fit playing condition. In the

event of doubt regarding the condition of the pitch, the Home Club shall immediately notify The

Association to enable a Referee to conduct a pitch inspection.

(iii)

A Referee shall whenever possible examine the ground and decide as to its fitness for play in

sufficient time to save the expense of unnecessary journeys being incurred by Clubs. The pitch

inspection must be made by the Match Referee or a Referee appointed by The Football Association

who must immediately contact The Football Association with details of an inspection (and the Match

Referee if relevant).

(iv)

Subject to this Rule, the Referee shall have the power to decide as to the fitness of the ground in all

matches.

(v)

Match Officials must report to the ground 90 minutes before the time of kick-off. If necessary, the

Home Club or The Football Association may, by notice, require the Referee to visit the ground more

than 90 minutes before the time of kick-off any time during the season.

(vi)

(FA Cup only)

The Association’s Pitch Protection System is compulsory for all televised ties if, after consultation

with the host club, The Association’s representative recommends that it is required to ensure the

game is played as scheduled. The costs incurred are not to be considered a match expense.

Edited by Ohmisterporter

I used to be - and I have. It was a difficult decision as it was clear of snow but both goal areas were frozen and ice was present at the edges. I felt it was too dangerous to play on. I arrived two hours before the match as requested and called the game off shortly afterwards.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting watching Chelsea v QPR on MOTD last night. I didn't know the score but smelt a rat as soon as it was first in the running order. It was either going to be a deluge for Chelsea or QPR were going to win it. As the game wore on I knew exactly which of those outcomes it was going to be it was just a matter of when not if. Chelsea had 23 shots to, I think, QPR's 4 and 9 times out of 10, maybe 99 out of 100, Chelsea would have won it. The one thing that you wouldn't do, unlike the planks on MOTD, is draw any conclusions about QPR's chances of staying up. You can understand 'Arry's spin on it but any sensible observer would say "let's wait another five or so games and then see if the win was significant but not before". Equally, one home defeat to the bottom team, miserable as it may seem, doesn't provide any sensible commentary on Chelsea under Benitez.

• Like 5